[ROM][2014.08.15]Official Huawei Mediapad X1 B010 KitKat 4.4.2 EMUI 2.3 firmware

Search This thread

acuratlsfan

Jul 11, 2008
[Update Aug.15.2014]
Huawei release a full stock Kitkat Update ROM...the one that is avaialbe OTA . Download from links in original post
501U R002 B010
503L R002 B010

[Update July.31.2014]
Huawei release a update to the JellyBean based ROM, the full ROM can be downloaded via links below in the original post for the corresponding models. Since it's based on the original JB ROM, dpi is 320 instead of 400 in the KitKat rom.
501U R001 B019
503L R001 B007

[Original]
Been following the Chinese forums and using google translate to read them....B007 firmware KitKat 4.4.2 with EMUI 2.3 has just been released today, July 10th, 2014. Link and instructions are listed below.

~~Caution: Update will wipe out user data, backup all data & apps before updating~~
~~Note: If you don't like B007 new 400dpi size, you can downgrade back to B006 by following the same directions with the B006 ROM file

~~Download
7d-501u
http://www.emui.com/plugin.php?id=hwdownload&mod=detail&mid=48
7d-503L
http://www.emui.com/plugin.php?id=hwdownload&mod=detail&mid=64

~~Note/Changelog
1 The upgrade package for the card brush (external SD card or X1 itself storage are possible);
2 Upgrade lose data (such as text messages, contacts, installed applications APK , etc.), data backup before the upgrade is strongly recommended , data can be backed up through the "cloud applications" in the "backup" software.
3 first upgrade process, please try not to touch the screen , the new version will be a touch screen calibration, if there is abnormal, then the screen will automatically repair if hand contact will affect the accuracy of the calibration or not calibrated .

Update Description:
The main new features :
1 new magazine lock screen (not support online update)
2 new super power saving mode
3 new online font
4 new Bluetooth MAP
5 new camera watermark function

The main system optimization :
1.An optimization of available memory, increasing 200M
2.under a variety of scenarios to optimize the photographic effect
3.optimize font display, micro-channel applications such as larger font
4.optimize ease of e-mail
5 touch screen experience optimized to increase the repair function automatically detects
6 optimize WiFi firmware, more stable long-term use
7 fixes 3G call quality problem under weak signal
8 TD repair mobile network from 3G to 2G handover probability of failures
9 When the noise floor Bluetooth phone repair problems

~~Instructions (Google translated)
1.1 SD card directory structure upgrade package
to upgrade the SD card directory structure:
| - dload (directory)
| - update.app (SD card upgrade package, Required)
| - onfg.cfg ( Required)
| -. auto_upgrade cfg (file)

1.2 Upgrade Process
1.2.1 Note
1) SD card before you upgrade, back up your user data.
2) When you upgrade to ensure that power more than 30%, or plug in an external power supply.
3) Please ensure that the SD card has enough memory space (> 2G) to prepare copies of the upgrade package, and ensure that the SD card file format is FAT32 (test method: SD card can be inserted into the card reader, then connect to the PC this when my computer on the PC will be a removable disk drive. Right select the disk, left click on the pop-up menu "Properties" to see the disk file system should be FAT or FAT32. NTFS format if it is, then the cards can not be used to upgrade).
4) Before the upgrade is complete or upgrade an exception, do not remove the SD card or the power, do not press the POWER button.
5) upgrade process if power interruption occurs, try again with the SD card upgrade.

1.2.2 SD card automatically upgrade
1) Make sure dload folder (contains update.app, onfg.cfg) and auto_upgrade.cfg complete copy of the file to the root directory of the SD card 5.2) Insert the SD card into the veneer
3) The SD card is inserted into the glory X1
4) glory X1 boot automatically into SD card upgrade (if the machine is turned on, then you restart the machine)
5) When the machine with a screen, the normal upgrade process, the screen displays the following figure
6) After a successful upgrade The screen displays as shown below, and then the machine will automatically restart 7) to confirm whether the version upgrade was successful: go to "Settings" - "About tablet" - "version number" in the query the current version number to confirm that the upgrade was successful. 8) When the machine with a screen, the upgrade fails, the screen displays the following diagram: If the upgrade fails, make sure that a copy of the upgrade package is complete, the storage path is correct, but in the SD card root directory will generate log file upgrades. With this log file, you can upgrade the reason for the failure to locate.

[Source http://cn.club.vmall.com/thread-573091-1-1.html]

Last edited:

acuratlsfan

Jul 11, 2008
Just finished updating....and WOW!!!!

Vast improvement....EMUI 2.3 is polished, quick and very responsive (but probably used Nova)
Everything is faster ...probably due to KitKat 4.4.2.
One MAJOR issue is that Huawei change the DPI...the icons and text will be larger. This change was in response to Huawei's forum users saying text was too small.

Update: Unable to root via current RootGenius 1.8.7en, 1.9.6, KingoRoot 1.2.2, AnzhiRoot 1.5.0

Last edited:

wowcode

Jul 7, 2014
Just installed and the font is too big for me. The performance is better.

Antutu Score : 23637

Can not install some of application like FIFA 14. They said it is not compatible with the device.
I had to install Google+ for second Google account but it also has compatibility issue.
But you can add second Google account on YouTube app.

loJaume

Jul 31, 2007
I've just received the Mediapad X1, 501u firm.
To install the Kitkat 4.4.2, should I root the unit first?

Thanks in advance!

wowcode

Jul 7, 2014
No, you don't have to rooting. Just follow the instruction.

Sent from my X1 7.0 using XDA Free mobile app

acuratlsfan

Jul 11, 2008
Just installed and the font is too big for me. The performance is better.

Antutu Score : 23637

Can not install some of application like FIFA 14. They said it is not compatible with the device.
I had to install Google+ for second Google account but it also has compatibility issue.
But you can add second Google account on YouTube app.

I have some apps that also show up as "incompatible with your version"...it's due to the change in LCD density value from 320 to 400. Hopefully someone finds a work around for this .

Dead-Eye

Jun 3, 2008
7D-501L

Can you update 7D-501L with 7D-501U? Did anyone tried it yet? Please let me know because I would love to upgrade my phone.

Z e k

Jun 23, 2014
LYON - FR
whoaw , DL speed is impressive , about ....0bps .... lol

if anyone had DL rom before and can post it on Mega , it will be great ( i need rom for 503L )

for who's tested, can you restore all googles app , by rooting/modify the xml file ?

upgrade by OTA will not work ? ( like from B002 to B006 ) ?

did the B007 will now accept 64G micro SD in ExtFAT ( fat64 ) ?

acuratlsfan

Jul 11, 2008
Can you update 7D-501L with 7D-501U? Did anyone tried it yet? Please let me know because I would love to upgrade my phone.

Not sure if anyone tried yet...

if anyone had DL rom before and can post it on Mega , it will be great ( i need rom for 503L )

for who's tested, can you restore all googles app , by rooting/modify the xml file ?

needrom.com has a post for the B007 503L, I haven't registered, so not sure whether its a link to EMUI or a mirror
http://www.needrom.com/mobile/x1-7d-503l/

I tried rooting with RootGenius, but it failed...I was debating weather to use one of the "banned" rooting programs due to security concerns. In the end, I tried it anyways without success. No Root = no modify XML. You can still get Google Play via the Huawei App Center, search for "GMS" and click on the google banner and download google play store, then download apps from official play store . While you are at the Huawei app center, you also need to download both "Google Sync" programs, (1) with calender icon and (1) with contact icon to be able to sync.

To add multiple Google accounts to the X1, you need to download Youtube or Google Maps and add an account through those apps, there is no option to add accounts in settings.

OTA will not update fom B002 or B006 if you are root (from what I read)

Regarding 64GB SD card: B007 will not do NTFS or exFAT...BUT it will automatically format your card to FAT32 (which is a plus) Available storage 64GB card = 59.46GB. I have a 64gb Micro SDHX card, not SDHC...I could not get it to work on B006 even with FAT32.

Z e k

Jun 23, 2014
LYON - FR
thank's for your response.

the rom download on needrom is fast ( about 1 minute for the 998mo , lol )

it is not a good news for not to be abble to root the device , i use ESroot explorer many time ( to transfer file directly from my device to my servers ) , titanium backup for ... backup my data and remove ugly apk ( or chinese that i cant use ) and airdroid to control my phone by my mac ( even i forget it at home , lol )

did you try Anzhiroot for root B007 ? ( root genius will not work on my B006 4G mediapad, and anzhiroot yes , i hope that perhaps it will work in B007 )

for the 64GB card, on the B006 , it can be formated in FAT32 only, but it is very slow ( i know that fat64 is more fatest than fat32 )
i use a samsung SDHC class10 , and it is very slowly than my old samsung 32Gb class8 ....

loJaume

Jul 31, 2007
Just upgraded to 4.4 Kitkat, but I can't install TASKER ("your unit is not compatibel with this version")

Anyone has successfully installed Tssker?

Dead-Eye

Jun 3, 2008
7D-501L Upgrade

OP - Thanks for the reply...

I guess I just need some courage and go for it...On the NeedRom website is showing this:

ROM Huawei 7D-501L – ROM Android 4.2.2

Update Official ROM Huawei 7D-501L Unicom version: 7D-501u_EMUI_2.3_V100R002C233B007

It looks harmless enough...I will post if everything went okay or not...*** Wish me luck ***

thyk888358

Jun 17, 2010
Phnom Penh
Since updated my internet connection keeps switching to 2G very often and there is no option to use 3G only. Is there any hidden menu i can use to put 3G only?

Thank you

acuratlsfan

Jul 11, 2008
did you try Anzhiroot for root B007 ? ( root genius will not work on my B006 4G mediapad, and anzhiroot yes , i hope that perhaps it will work in B007 )

Seems like anzhiroot is an older version of rootgenius...tried it...also failed

OP - Thanks for the reply...

I guess I just need some courage and go for it...On the NeedRom website is showing this:

ROM Huawei 7D-501L – ROM Android 4.2.2

Update Official ROM Huawei 7D-501L Unicom version: 7D-501u_EMUI_2.3_V100R002C233B007

It looks harmless enough...I will post if everything went okay or not...*** Wish me luck ***

Let us know how it goes...maybe all units have the same hardware..but software profile activate different bands.

Since updated my internet connection keeps switching to 2G very often and there is no option to use 3G only. Is there any hidden menu i can use to put 3G only?

Thank you

With 3g preferred...if 3g signal is strong it will use 3g...else it will drip down to 2g. If it was 3g only and 3g signal is weak...you will get no internet at all. Not sure if they changed the modem/baseband files...didnt pay attention to B006.. That may be why ...

Dead-Eye

Jun 3, 2008
7D-501L Failed...

Well the upgrade has failed. Trying to upgrade 7d-501l to 7d-501u. As it was going through the upgrade checks, it was saying successful but around 40%-50% I got this error:

"FAIL" = Detected the upgrade package can not be adapted to your tablet...

Any suggestion??

MODEL: Mediapad X1 (International Version) 7D-501LV100R001C199B003

Last edited:

thyk888358

Jun 17, 2010
Phnom Penh
Seems like anzhiroot is an older version of rootgenius...tried it...also failed

Let us know how it goes...maybe all units have the same hardware..but software profile activate different bands.

With 3g preferred...if 3g signal is strong it will use 3g...else it will drip down to 2g. If it was 3g only and 3g signal is weak...you will get no internet at all. Not sure if they changed the modem/baseband files...didnt pay attention to B006.. That may be why ...

Thank you .. i think the new baseband is not good at my country ... too bad i can't go back to my previous 4.2.2 ..

acuratlsfan

Jul 11, 2008
Well the upgrade has failed. Trying to upgrade 7d-501l to 7d-501u. As it was going through the upgrade checks, it was saying successful but around 40%-50% I got this error:

"FAIL" = Detected the upgrade package can not be adapted to your tablet...

Any suggestion??

MODEL: Mediapad X1 (International Version) 7D-501LV100R001C199B003

At this point ... You should probabky wait for an official 501L ROM . I'm assuming it shouldn't be long ...beats having a $400 brick.

B007 is faster ... But the big font is annoying pretty much everyone. I can barely type correctly...the keyboard is literally half the screen !

Dead-Eye

Jun 3, 2008
At this point ... You should probabky wait for an official 501L ROM . I'm assuming it shouldn't be long ...beats having a $400 brick.

B007 is faster ... But the big font is annoying pretty much everyone. I can barely type correctly...the keyboard is literally half the screen !

OP - Thanks.

Yes you're right don't want to have a $400 brick on my desk. Just need to wait a little longer for an release. I hope soon and also hope they make the fonts smaller. Don't want a keyboard taking up half my screen...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Update Aug.15.2014]
    Huawei release a full stock Kitkat Update ROM...the one that is avaialbe OTA . Download from links in original post
    501U R002 B010
    503L R002 B010

[Update July.31.2014]
    Huawei release a update to the JellyBean based ROM, the full ROM can be downloaded via links below in the original post for the corresponding models. Since it's based on the original JB ROM, dpi is 320 instead of 400 in the KitKat rom.
    501U R001 B019
    503L R001 B007

[Original]
    Been following the Chinese forums and using google translate to read them....B007 firmware KitKat 4.4.2 with EMUI 2.3 has just been released today, July 10th, 2014. Link and instructions are listed below.

~~Caution: Update will wipe out user data, backup all data & apps before updating~~
    ~~Note: If you don't like B007 new 400dpi size, you can downgrade back to B006 by following the same directions with the B006 ROM file

~~Download
    7d-501u
    http://www.emui.com/plugin.php?id=hwdownload&mod=detail&mid=48
    7d-503L
    http://www.emui.com/plugin.php?id=hwdownload&mod=detail&mid=64

~~Note/Changelog
    1 The upgrade package for the card brush (external SD card or X1 itself storage are possible);
    2 Upgrade lose data (such as text messages, contacts, installed applications APK , etc.), data backup before the upgrade is strongly recommended , data can be backed up through the "cloud applications" in the "backup" software.
    3 first upgrade process, please try not to touch the screen , the new version will be a touch screen calibration, if there is abnormal, then the screen will automatically repair if hand contact will affect the accuracy of the calibration or not calibrated .

Update Description:
    The main new features :
    1 new magazine lock screen (not support online update)
    2 new super power saving mode
    3 new online font
    4 new Bluetooth MAP
    5 new camera watermark function

The main system optimization :
    1.An optimization of available memory, increasing 200M
    2.under a variety of scenarios to optimize the photographic effect
    3.optimize font display, micro-channel applications such as larger font
    4.optimize ease of e-mail
    5 touch screen experience optimized to increase the repair function automatically detects
    6 optimize WiFi firmware, more stable long-term use
    7 fixes 3G call quality problem under weak signal
    8 TD repair mobile network from 3G to 2G handover probability of failures
    9 When the noise floor Bluetooth phone repair problems

~~Instructions (Google translated)
    1.1 SD card directory structure upgrade package
    to upgrade the SD card directory structure:
    | - dload (directory)
    | - update.app (SD card upgrade package, Required)
    | - onfg.cfg ( Required)
    | -. auto_upgrade cfg (file)

1.2 Upgrade Process
    1.2.1 Note
    1) SD card before you upgrade, back up your user data.
    2) When you upgrade to ensure that power more than 30%, or plug in an external power supply.
    3) Please ensure that the SD card has enough memory space (> 2G) to prepare copies of the upgrade package, and ensure that the SD card file format is FAT32 (test method: SD card can be inserted into the card reader, then connect to the PC this when my computer on the PC will be a removable disk drive. Right select the disk, left click on the pop-up menu "Properties" to see the disk file system should be FAT or FAT32. NTFS format if it is, then the cards can not be used to upgrade).
    4) Before the upgrade is complete or upgrade an exception, do not remove the SD card or the power, do not press the POWER button.
    5) upgrade process if power interruption occurs, try again with the SD card upgrade.

1.2.2 SD card automatically upgrade
    1) Make sure dload folder (contains update.app, onfg.cfg) and auto_upgrade.cfg complete copy of the file to the root directory of the SD card 5.2) Insert the SD card into the veneer
    3) The SD card is inserted into the glory X1
    4) glory X1 boot automatically into SD card upgrade (if the machine is turned on, then you restart the machine)
    5) When the machine with a screen, the normal upgrade process, the screen displays the following figure
    6) After a successful upgrade The screen displays as shown below, and then the machine will automatically restart 7) to confirm whether the version upgrade was successful: go to "Settings" - "About tablet" - "version number" in the query the current version number to confirm that the upgrade was successful. 8) When the machine with a screen, the upgrade fails, the screen displays the following diagram: If the upgrade fails, make sure that a copy of the upgrade package is complete, the storage path is correct, but in the SD card root directory will generate log file upgrades. With this log file, you can upgrade the reason for the failure to locate.

[Source http://cn.club.vmall.com/thread-573091-1-1.html]
    How I managed to upgrade 7D-501L European 4G model of Mediapad X1 7.0 to kitkat

Tried download the update. But still unable to update. Can someone give me instructions. Download file. Copy to computer. Unzip file. Created drops folder. Copy Unzip file to SD card. Click manual update but still can't update.

This is how I managed to upgrade 7D-501L European 4G model of Mediapad X1 7.0 to kitkat
    (this is the X1 model sold by Conrad)

WARNING: This is not for 7D-501U / 7D-503L but only for 7D-501L

Step 1: download HiSuite to your PC
    http://www.huawei.com/minisite/HiSuite_en/
    and install it on your PC. Connect your PC to your X1 with the USB cable.
    When asked by X1 allow USB debug mode.

Step 2: use HiSuite to make a backup of your apps and data
    (warning: Note that data from some apps are not included in the backup so you need to back up these other data from these apps to a SD card, also your google account is not back-upped by HiSuite, so you need to synchronize with google servers and set the google account up again after the kitkat upgrade and restore of backup and then re-synchronize)

Step 3: Download the latest kitkat ROM for European 7D-501L model from this German link:
    http://huaweidevices.de/mediapad-x1-7?show=downloads
    At the time of writing the most recent version is "Software update version B102". Don't worry about not speaking German, the update has a very large amount of languages, including English.

Step 4: Take an empty SD card of at least 2 GB and at most 32 GB. Make sure it is formatted as FAT or FAT32. (note that NTFS and ExFAT formats will not work!)
    (On your PC) create a new folder on the empty and correctly formatted SD card named: dload

Step 5 Go to the downloaded zipfile with the kitkat ROM, open it, and locate the file named "update.app" and extract that file.
    (in the HUAWEI_MediaPad X1_SDCard_Upgrade_B102.zip it is in the folder /HUAWEI_MediaPad X1_SDCard Upgrade_B102/ but this may be different in versions >B102) The size of the B102 version of the update.app file is 1,515,820 bytes.

Step 6 Copy the extracted update.app file to the dload folder on your SD card.

So you now have an SD card with just one folder named dload and in that folder one file named update.app and nothing else.

Step 7 Make sure your X1 has enough power to complete the update. To be sure, connect it to the power adapter.

Insert the SD card in your X1 and reboot.
    Wait and be patient while android runs its update app and outputs all kinds of comments on what it is doing to your screen.
    Just leave the X1 untouched during this update process until it is ready and shows a big OK on the screen.
    At that point it will ask you in small font to remove the SD card and reboot.

IMPORTANT: If you want to use the SAME SD card in the X1 for extra storage, make sure to delete the update.app file before reinserting the SD card in your X1.

After reboot, in the welcome screen scroll to select the preferred language BEFORE you press start, and follow the instructions that follow to re-setup your X1.

Go to Settings, About Phone to check your Android version number and Build number.

After your account etc. has been re-set up you can restore the backup of your apps and data using HiSuite (and next you can re-synchronize with google servers if you use them)

If you don't like the 400DPI problem of this kitkat implementation for X1, you can revert to the 4.2.2 Android 320 DPI version using the B006 rom available here:
    http://consumer.huawei.com/download/downloadCenter?downloadId=25634&version=46392&siteCode=tw
    After installing that B006 ROM, the X1 initially will only speaks Chinese or English, don't worry: after going to settings, updates,system updates, online update, it will upgrade from B006 to B007 (7D-501LV100R001C324B007) and provide much more languages to choose from.

I hope this is of help.

Jeroen

Not sure if anyone tried yet...

needrom.com has a post for the B007 503L, I haven't registered, so not sure whether its a link to EMUI or a mirror
    http://www.needrom.com/mobile/x1-7d-503l/

I tried rooting with RootGenius, but it failed...I was debating weather to use one of the "banned" rooting programs due to security concerns. In the end, I tried it anyways without success. No Root = no modify XML. You can still get Google Play via the Huawei App Center, search for "GMS" and click on the google banner and download google play store, then download apps from official play store . While you are at the Huawei app center, you also need to download both "Google Sync" programs, (1) with calender icon and (1) with contact icon to be able to sync.

To add multiple Google accounts to the X1, you need to download Youtube or Google Maps and add an account through those apps, there is no option to add accounts in settings.

OTA will not update fom B002 or B006 if you are root (from what I read)

Regarding 64GB SD card: B007 will not do NTFS or exFAT...BUT it will automatically format your card to FAT32 (which is a plus) Available storage 64GB card = 59.46GB. I have a 64gb Micro SDHX card, not SDHC...I could not get it to work on B006 even with FAT32.
    How to replace Font in KitKat 4.4.2 EMUI 2.3 ROM MediaPad X1

Here how I replaced Chainfire Supersu. After rooted with Vroot, I'm open chainfire supersu. when supersu try to install binary(normal mode), supersu granted superuser permission by Vroot . After finished install binary, supersu ask me to remove other superuser app. I'm cancel it and exit supersu app. Open supersu back and didn't ask me to install binary again. After that I'm remove other superuser app from chainfire supersu and install supersu to system. That's all how I replaced chainfire supersu.
    Hope you understand my english lol.
    P.s while your supersu app try to install binary and didn't get superuser permission promt, reboot and try it again or re-root it.

Could you tell us more how you managed to change fonts?

Thanks!

Tested on 4.4.2 EMUI 2.3 ROM (MediaPad X1)

You device must be rooted for working with this method.
    I can not make any guarantees. Try at your own risk.
    Apps you need to install on your phone is iFont, Terminal Emulator, Busybox Installer and Root Explorer (or Other similiar files Manager)

1. Install terminal emulator and busybox installer first.
    (don't forget to open busybox app and install in-app.)
    2. after that open terminal emulator and type like below
    Code:
    su
    mount -o rw,remount /system
    chattr -R -i /system

3. after that open root explorer or similiar files manager and go to "system"
    rename or delete the file "set_immutable.list" as you wish. I prefer rename it.
    / system / set_immutable.list [set_immutable.list.xxx]

4. now open iFont and go to setting>change font mode>system mode
    If iFont successfully change font phone will reboot and if fail iFont will occour error code 12.
    (for chinese, taiwainese, japanese and korean; if some of your font not appear correctly, Just download some font in iFont (prefer font with 5 different type CN,TW,JP,KR,EN). After that choose the one you want to change and iFont will prompt for which language you want to change. Just uncheck English and Set Ok. Hope that work for you guys)
    All ok on 3g version.
    ht tp://hpics.li/402fa57

---------- Post added 15th July 2014 at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was 14th July 2014 at 11:24 PM ----------

No dpi change on reboot.

Okay....according to a post on Huawei Chinese Forums..

A user was successful in changing the system to DPI of 320, however, some apps including the system keyboard does not appear correctly. It was recommended the user download another or 3rd party keyboard. The user has yet to comment on the recommendation. What the user did

1)Root
    2)Install busybox
    3) install terminal and enter commands
    4) Delete or rename / system / set_immutable.list [set_immutable.list.old]
    5) added/change to build.prop " qemu.sf.lcd_density=320 " and " ro.sf.lcd_density=320 "