{T}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM10 - FreeXperia Project

Search This thread

glyxkecks

Aug 1, 2010
Foldersync is also crashing when trying to login to dropbox.
Also WiFi is unstable on latest nightly...

tilal6991

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2010
Its a bit tenacious as to whether there is any difference. As far as I can tell there is none.

Sent from my Xperia T using Tapatalk 2

RagingHarry

Jan 8, 2012
Havelte
Google Pixel 5
Wifi is indeed very unstable, trying at the moment to which nightly date build i have to go back to see where wifi is stable, cause a few days back i didn't have this problem.

Didn't have FXP 145 installed, will try that one also to see the difference in wifi stability

On the Nightly of the 31st the 5Ghz wifi band is stable again, but can't find our home 2.4Ghz wifi network.
On to FXP145 now to see what happens there.(update: FXP145 unstable on 5Ghz, can.t find our home 2.4Ghz wifi network)
Let's try the nightly of the 30st to see what that one does.(update: 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi bands both stable and very good connection)

Last edited:

Sisqo

Apr 24, 2007
Suceava
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
can anyone specify the bugs from FXP 145 cm10 on xperia T? is FXP 145 cm9.1 stable or does it have also some bugs? (camera, wifi, bt, nfc, etc.)
looking for a rom when i will receive my xperia T (hopefully next week) but i really don't see that many people in development thead, maybe because it's a new device?
or should i stay with stock and only root for the moment?
any thoughts?

tilal6991

Dec 25, 2010
There is no CM9 for the T. Just CM10.

As for bugs on the current build WiFi seems to be disconnecting constantly. Apart from that all other hardware features basically work.

Sent from my Xperia T using Tapatalk 2

Kali-

Apr 11, 2010
Roma
about wifi driver, the one used by sony come from qualcomm and are closed source, so they are not allowed to release it
recently qualcomm opensourced it, but Sony for various reason still use the older and closed source one

our is based on opensource one but is older and not mainteined, we tried to use newer but we got a lot of problem

i'm pretty sure sony will switch to opensource one in JB meantime will try to improve it

Last edited:

tilal6991

Dec 25, 2010
Oh right. Any idea which specific change broke it in the last few days?

betalif

Nov 10, 2008
Even on flight mode several reboots. 12 while watching Sky fall in cinema...
I'm on 20121101.
How do you test wifi stability?

Sent from my Xperia T using xda premium

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

i'm pretty sure sony will switch to opensource one in JB meantime will try to improve it

Uhh JB? So we have to wait half a year? ;)

RagingHarry

Jan 8, 2012
Havelte
Google Pixel 5
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer with easy toggle on the wifi channel part to switch between 2.4 and 5 Ghz.
Keep it open, and see how many times it just drops of, or just use the wifi setting part where your networks are and see then how often your network disappears

The app also helps to choose your best channel and test where you neighbours networks interfere or harm your network-router settings, so you can find the best channel with all those other networks and their channels around yours.

Last edited:

glyxkecks

Aug 1, 2010
Foldersync is also crashing when trying to login to dropbox.
Also WiFi is unstable on latest nightly...

Dropbox Login with Foldersync is working again on 11/4 nightly. WiFi is still making troubles buzz seems to be a little more stable. A lot of disconnects at the beginning but now connected for a couple of minutes...

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Havent tried it but maybe audio is not broken but still get's routed to the headset which is not connected anymore. A test cold be to plug in headphones when there is no audio on the handset and maybe the audio is played on the headset instead...

Confirmed:
Connecting the phone to headsets / headphones is routing the audio to this devices as supposed but disconnecting doesn't route it back to the handset.
After connecting and disconnecting headphones there is no audio on the phone during calls. If you insert the headphones while having this call you hear your audio again on your headphone.

Workaround: use your headphones/headset for calls or reboot after using them if you want to make calls without them...

Last edited:
Reactions: Pakman123 and DJNTQ

betalif

Nov 10, 2008
Installed fxp145 now it doesn't even charge after freezing. It charged 18 to 37% over night... I'm afraid I have to change back to original fw until a stable cm release...

Dekudan

Nov 28, 2007
i have performed a big kernel update up to 3.0.50

before switch to this one i like to test it more

flashable zip attached

I'm going to sound like a spoon, but I have 3.0.8 on my phone (and I assume everyone does, it's stock.) I'm pretty sure, though, that 0.50 is lower than 0.8...?

Unless the difference is nought-point-eight vs. nought-point-fifty.....?

Dekudan

Nov 28, 2007

My belief is that linux was invented by a race of beings with very little consideration for numbers.

This further cements that.

EDIT: Actually, to make this post not spam: I'm going to do something everyone gets told off about, but I'm interested about.

Why does this thing benchmark at about half it's actual speed? I know benchmarks don't matter, but i was wondering from a technical standpoint why our linpack multi-threaded results get about 90 MFLOPS top, while this lovely graph shows all the MSM8960 based devices all achieving results near the 200's?

Just a little comparison :

comparison.png

Now, I know it really doesn't matter in practice, the phone's still as smooth as silk, but it's still a question I want to at least pester the devs with....Consider all those devices scoring in the highest echelons are the S4 like in our device, it's interesting.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    HOWTO

Install instructions:
    first time
    - power off the phone:
    - hold vol+ and plug usb to boot into fastboot (blu led)
    - fastboot flash boot boot.img (from cm10 zip)
    - fastboot reboot
    - enter recovery, on boot led will be violet for 3'', during this period press vol+
    - flash rom zip
    - flash gapps zip
    - wipe
    - reboot

for update just flash rom zip from recovery
    Google Apps are not included in this ROM. You'll need to find those yourself if you want them.

ENJOY AN UNOFFICIAL CM10 RELEASE BROUGHT TO YOU BY FreeXperia Team

PLEASE DONT MIRROR OUR ROMS

DOWNLOAD
    http://unrestrict.li/FXP
    thanks to all who made this possible supporting us
    contributing with code, donations or even trusting us
    thanks to SONY that made all this possible !
    My main issue with cyanogen mod on this device is the loudspeaker, and volume levels in general. the sound output is very low, I cannot use the hands free function in my car for example as it is not loud enough.
    Am I the only one with bothered or does anybody else share this with me?

Gesendet von meinem LT30p mit Tapatalk 2

if i get time, i'll tweak it.
    finding the optimal settings takes a lot of time.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
    FXP141 released
    everything works except camera,fm,hdmi
    enjoy
    FreeXperiaProject
    J