[Request] 100% Transparent Notification Bar Sprint Version

Search This thread

drtysouf21

Jan 2, 2008
There is a thread for the N7100 where they were able to get the 100% transparent notification bar working. Can someone who already has the Sprint version verify if this works on it. If not can someone get it to work? Thanks ahead of time.

Reactions: samevo

mccurt29

Dec 9, 2008
There is a thread for the N7100 where they were able to get the 100% transparent notification bar working. Can someone who already has the Sprint version verify if this works on it. If not can someone get it to work? Thanks ahead of time.

I need this too ...let me know if u get one working

bp328i

May 22, 2010
Tampa Bay
Do you mean like this?

screenshot2012110720522.png

drtysouf21

Jan 2, 2008
Yes I'm on Sprint, I saw your thread and wanted to see if I could mod my SystemUI to work.

What ROM are you running and I can make one for you.

I haven't actually bought mine yet still waiting on Best Buy to get their act together. I'm giving them till Monday to either have the gray version or know when they will have it or I'm just going to buy it through Sprint. When I receive it I will probably just root it but keep the stock rom unless I need a different one for this to work. So I'll have to let you know on Monday.

bp328i

May 22, 2010
Tampa Bay
I haven't actually bought mine yet still waiting on Best Buy to get their act together. I'm giving them till Monday to either have the gray version or know when they will have it or I'm just going to buy it through Sprint. When I receive it I will probably just root it but keep the stock rom unless I need a different one for this to work. So I'll have to let you know on Monday.

Yeah, let me know. It only takes me a few minutes to put it together.

bp328i

May 22, 2010
Tampa Bay
Is it just an image? If you don't mind me asking... What did you do to make it transparent? I've been looking all over for it.

Decompile the SystemUI

Layout folder - tw_super_status_bar.xml change

android:background="#00000000"

Then in the values folder - drawables.xml change

<item type="drawable" name="status_bar_background">#00000000</item>

Recompile and your good to go.

nuc noob

Nov 14, 2010
Fort Worth
I didn't flash the trans status bar, but did flash several other mods and themes from that link and seem to work so far. Here's a couple pics...well, never mind. Xda app won't let me upload. Says it cannot connect for whatever reason. Either way, it works, on stock, deOdexed.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

dwigginstm

Dec 3, 2009
It's easier if you just split your systemUI app and place the two files inside it then use a file explorer to push it to your system. If you tell me what rom your on I'll fix the systemUI apk for you and all you'll have to do is push it to your system.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I havent had any time recently, but whenever I get a chance ill be putting out some pulldown mods, themes etc. Will be trying to remake most of what I did on the S2 but for this puppy, just need to settle a bit and get used to JB. Just got the note a couple days ago and havent had a chance. damn holidays :)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
    Here is a flashable zip that works on my ROM.
    Do you mean like this?

screenshot2012110720522.png
    thanks im using apkmanager 5.02 but having no luck when it comes to decompile systemui.apk from
    [ROM] Team VeNuM - STOCK L900VPALJC - DEODEXED for sprint. keep getting this error....any ideas what im doing wrong?

Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: Multiple resources:
    spec=0x0105007b dimen/tw_compactmenu_width, config=-v13
    at brut.androlib.res.data.ResConfig.addResource(ResConfig.java:65)
    at brut.androlib.res.data.ResConfig.addResource(ResConfig.java:58)
    at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.readEntry(ARSCDecoder.java:196)

at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.readConfig(ARSCDecoder.java:165
    )
    at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.readType(ARSCDecoder.java:130)
    at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.readPackage(ARSCDecoder.java:10
    5)
    at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.readTable(ARSCDecoder.java:82)
    at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ARSCDecoder.decode(ARSCDecoder.java:48)
    at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.getResPackagesFromApk(AndrolibRes
    ources.java:315)
    at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.loadMainPkg(AndrolibResources.jav
    a:50)
    at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.getResTable(AndrolibResources.jav
    a:43)
    at brut.androlib.Androlib.getResTable(Androlib.java:44)
    at brut.androlib.ApkDecoder.getResTable(ApkDecoder.java:148)
    at brut.androlib.ApkDecoder.decode(ApkDecoder.java:98)
    at brut.apktool.Main.cmdDecode(Main.java:120)
    at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:57)
    Press any key to continue . . .

By the way this is my first time attempting anything like this.

Your apk manager isnt dealing with the classes.dex correctly from JB. Either use wanam's modded apk manager (to deal with smali), or remove the classes.dex file from the apk with 7zip (or other) before decompiling, then add it back after recompile.
    if your setting your project to SystemUI.apk(using option 22), then framework-res.apk is your dependency. Also...do you have Android SDK successfully installed on this machine? some of those errors look like what you'd get if the SDK isn't installed(maybe)