By ajftl, Senior Member on 13th January 2013, 02:02 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st January 2013, 06:50 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
HTC Butterfly X920e
Quote:
Originally Posted by v-b-n

Be patient sir ... in a few days you should see custom ROMs and fixes popping up for the international version ... that would be the first sign of good things to come

What a relief....at least one old man gets happier by days....

23rd January 2013, 04:53 PM |#32  

More
HTC Butterfly X920e
Quote:
Originally Posted by actowbow

What a relief....at least one old man gets happier by days....

......and counting....
24th January 2013, 07:29 PM |#33  

More
i need help
please i just bought htc x920e in china. i am not chinese so i flashed the virtuous dna plus rom. if i flash the boot, my screen displays coloured lines after the htc logo. When i flash the initial boot.img the wifi and the fromt camera dont work. what should i do?
24th January 2013, 07:43 PM |#34  
Flag Dublin/Dubai
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trigasly

please i just bought htc x920e in china. i am not chinese so i flashed the virtuous dna plus rom. if i flash the boot, my screen displays coloured lines after the htc logo. When i flash the initial boot.img the wifi and the fromt camera dont work. what should i do?

24th January 2013, 09:32 PM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi guys, I've the butterfly 920d (recently selled also in USA), what about rooting and unlocking?
There is a guide for this device?
24th January 2013, 11:55 PM |#36  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 943

Donate to Me
More
Re: Butterfly...
Unlock the normal htcdev way and install twrp recovery from here -
http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/142

Use any supersu zip to root it ... Note that the stock Rom doesn't like to stay rooted and gives trouble after some time , so better install custom Rom instead like virtuous

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda premium
25th January 2013, 07:45 AM |#37  

More
HTC Butterfly X920e
Quote:

......and counting....

I lodged a formal inquiry in HTC Global site about my X920e and subsequnetly someone from HTC, presumably from Customer Service desk, called me. I learn a new word "unfortunate".

They were adamant that the Chinese sets is imbeded with software cannot be removed even when I can forgo the warranty and handsets sell in other country has different regional software. Therefore it's unfortunate that I have to live with my Chinese X920e as per factory preloaded setting i.e. without Google Play Store. I have asked off the record, what can I do since such phone just half smart and I cannot read Chinese language or use Chinese apps, without second guess "Sir, it is unfortunate that the Chinese X920e set cannot be loaded with foreign apps nor Google Play Store"...

It made me really stupid for the decision buying the phone here in China............. but I am in opinion someone in XDA Developers must be able to help an old man that is not tech savvy with fancy phone get software similar those HTC Butterfly smartphone outside China. Is the HTC Butterfly International ROM, once released - as claimed by someone earlier - solving the issue?
25th January 2013, 09:06 AM |#38  

More
Quote:

I lodged a formal inquiry in HTC Global site about my X920e and subsequnetly someone from HTC, presumably from Customer Service desk, called me. I learn a new word "unfortunate".

They were adamant that the Chinese sets is imbeded with software cannot be removed even when I can forgo the warranty and handsets sell in other country has different regional software. Therefore it's unfortunate that I have to live with my Chinese X920e as per factory preloaded setting i.e. without Google Play Store. I have asked off the record, what can I do since such phone just half smart and I cannot read Chinese language or use Chinese apps, without second guess "Sir, it is unfortunate that the Chinese X920e set cannot be loaded with foreign apps nor Google Play Store"...

It made me really stupid for the decision buying the phone here in China............. but I am in opinion someone in XDA Developers must be able to help an old man that is not tech savvy with fancy phone get software similar those HTC Butterfly smartphone outside China. Is the HTC Butterfly International ROM, once released - as claimed by someone earlier - solving the issue?

...and Australia has X920e too, so users in Australia will not have Google Play Store too? HTC BULL**** BIG TIME. IMBEDED MY FOOT!

Anyone has Australian software?
25th January 2013, 09:36 AM |#39  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 943

Donate to Me
More
Since you will need to install other/custom ROMs, I am assuming you are unlocked with recovery installed or ready to take that step... if yes, then here is a custom ROM that should work on x920e -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2095683

PS - Make sure to download the x920e variant as given in the OP and not any other
25th January 2013, 07:35 PM |#40  
Flag İstanbul

More
I am also using Chinese Butterfly x920e. Just root your phone and flash the custom rom that is mentioned above.

You will have all Google applications, including Google play. That is what I did and I am really happy now. Also you will have any language you need, I am using Turkish at the moment.
26th January 2013, 12:03 AM |#41  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 137

More
Re: Butterfly...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcupware

I am also using Chinese Butterfly x920e. Just root your phone and flash the custom rom that is mentioned above.

You will have all Google applications, including Google play. That is what I did and I am really happy now. Also you will have any language you need, I am using Turkish at the moment.

Thank God Negri sells the x920d all Google stuff in it

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)