How often do you use your SPen??

Search This thread

rruss

Aug 3, 2011
Just got my note 2 haven't used the SPen much yet can't really fond a legit reason too lol do you use yours? ?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

sekigah84

Jan 14, 2009
New York City
I got the Note 2 for use with note taking so I use mine every day.

Other than that, I take it out to mess around with and tag pictures. I also do a lot of support for Android devices so the screenshot feature + tagging with the S-Pen makes my life so much easier.

There aren't enough worthwhile apps to really take full use of the S-Pen that don't have to do with notes or drawing.

There are some "games" that support stylus use. Maybe you can use that.

Either way, you still have a great device. Biggest screen and faster processor than most phones out there.

rruss

Aug 3, 2011
Yea def I love this bad boy ive done a lil doodling on my gf face myself lol i love the crop feature as well and nores for school or work how well is it vs using a larger tablet?

Reactions: redbull00ng

Nannuq

Jul 27, 2010
For drawing. I do a lot of it. I use sketchbook mobile for hours a day at work when everything is running smoothly and I have nothing better to do. If you don't draw... notes only I guess. I use it to Mark up photos on the job Site too, which everyone at the office is amazed with because it clarifies everything really well when explaining problems.

49ml

Mar 18, 2011
I'm a musician so I use it when I'm too lazy to grab paper and I come up with a new song lol

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

rruss

Aug 3, 2011
For drawing. I do a lot of it. I use sketchbook mobile for hours a day at work when everything is running smoothly and I have nothing better to do. If you don't draw... notes only I guess. I use it to Mark up photos on the job Site too, which everyone at the office is amazed with because it clarifies everything really well when explaining problems.

So ur like the guys in the note 2 commercial? I gotta say that commercial convinced me to buy it

wadeheisen

Mar 19, 2010
I do network diagrams as part of my job, and it comes in handy when I have to draw something out for the techs and don't have the actual diagrams available. Need a Visio editor for Android, though, that would be real nice. I have also found it useful to take a screenshot of a map and annotate positions of equipment, satellite aiming, and other things during site surveys.

swalter718

Jan 21, 2013
I make my shopping lists with SNote and use the pen to scratch off items as I put them in the cart. I also use the Square card reader to accept charge cards, and the pen works better than a finger for signing.

Sent from an evil, dark place...
~ ROM: JellyBomb v14.0
~ Radio: L900VPAMA7
~ Kernel: Perseus alpha32

Jake33108

Jul 1, 2011
Detroit
I mostly only use it when I'm texting. The S pen with a "gesture" keyboard like swype is way faster than typing any other way once you get good at it.

Reactions: rp518dan

MiguelHogue

Jun 9, 2012
Washington,DC
I use as a mouse when Web surfing.. Especially those drop down for a drop down menu

Jotting down little notes when out and about (the biggest use I get out of it) it's been many of times I needed to write down something and didn't have a pen, paper, nothing in sight

-TeaM VeNuM Like A Boss
-Galaxy Note II Edition

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.executivedecision.biz
I used to use it much more than I do now that we have a Samsung Keyboard Autocorrect hack that works in S-Notes. I can honestly thumb-type faster than I can hand-write and all the text is searchable. It is good for scrawling down the occasional phone number on the fly but the autocorrect is amazingly accurate. However if I were a student or in a meeting I would hand-write much more so as not to annoy everyone around me with frantic typing.

You can get the autocorrect baked in with a rom like Whompasaurus Rom V2.7 (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2039564).

I do use the pen quite often as a pointer though. Nice for clicking tiny links or web surfing without smudging the screen.

I am looking forward to the Note 8.0. It should be just the right size for hand-writing and thumb-typing.

** Even though I no longer use it much, I like that fact that it is THERE if I need it. It's like having a car that can go zero to 60 in 4 seconds. 99% of the time you don't need the power but when you didn't see that semi in your blindspot and you need to get out of the way you are glad it's there.

Last edited:

budde2

May 15, 2012
Tampa
I use mine Everyday forwork to Plan My employees day and to make graphs on what I want done

Reactions: CDKJudoka

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.executivedecision.biz
I use mine Everyday forwork to Plan My employees day and to make graphs on what I want done

I guess the key thing about the pen is it just adds and extra layer of functionality to your smart phone. It makes your smart phone smarter.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

yankees45us

May 5, 2008
I have been using it more lately. When I don't want fingerprints on my screen I use it and I'm using it more on my Swype keyboard since it makes it easier. Plus it's awesome to edit pictures or screenshots.

Sent from my Amazing Galaxy Note 2!

Quis89

Mar 21, 2010
All the time. I use it more than I use my fingers. Navigation, swype, drawing, photo editing. Plus I hate smudges and using the s-pen minimizes that

Reactions: t4d73

budde2

May 15, 2012
Tampa
I guess the key thing about the pen is it just adds and extra layer of functionality to your smart phone. It makes your smart phone smarter.

When I first got my Note2 I thought I would never use it, like it was a novelty. Your exactly right it makes this 5.5 inch beauty smaller and makes my job a lot easier and fun lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pretty much never. I bought this beast of a phone for the screen.

Try out the spen with the swype to type on samsung keyboard, swype, or like me with swiftkey.. a buddy of mine who has the gs3 said hes never seen anyone type up a message so fast..lol

I dust found out -,f you hold down the button on S Pen and Make a Upside down v it will bring up the Menu and if You make a < while holding button it will go back . I love this Phone & my SPen

All the time, now that I downloaded Stylus Beta keyboard. It absolutely rocks the Note's S-Pen!