Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[Q] SuperSU, Installed Failed

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By hunyo, Junior Member on 11th March 2014, 02:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello!

My phone (Cherry Mobile Bubble Android 2.3.5) was rooted before through Mobogenie's One Click Root. I don't have any problem my apps gaining root access. But i can't do software update, so i thought that's because of being rooted. So I did permanent root at SuperSU settings, and I have successfully updated my phone. But when I rooted my phone again, I can't gain root access through SuperSu. It always shows "Installation failed". I do have an update zip file on my sd cards root. But to no avail.

Please help. I'm noob regarding on this.

11th March 2014, 02:27 PM |#2  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 386

Donate to Me
More
You cant just install SuperSU and expect it to work. You need to use your 1 click tool again. Or another full rooting method.
When you unrooted the binaries that was root were deleted.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
11th March 2014, 02:31 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
additional
In addition, I already did uninstalling and re-installing superSU. And I have also tried to use Superuser or any other superuser app, but nothing happens. I already did a factory reset, but still no change.
11th March 2014, 02:37 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajster1989

You cant just install SuperSU and expect it to work. You need to use your 1 click tool again. Or another full rooting method.

Thanks for the reply

I already did that. I've rooted it again through one click root, and it says i am rooted. But SuperSu says, installation failed. While superuser says, it can't gain root access.

I have lost root access before when I updated SuperSu, I can't remember what i did then. But i was able to get back root access.
11th March 2014, 02:39 PM |#5  
Flag NYC

Donate to Me
More
If you have a custom recovery superSU has the option to flash the correct one manually.

11th March 2014, 03:02 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Quote:

If you have a custom recovery superSU has the option to flash the correct one manually.

No, i don't have any custom recovery
Is there other way for me to flash the correct one?
11th March 2014, 03:52 PM |#7  
Flag NYC

Donate to Me
More
Try Vroot, its another one click root method. I used it on my Note 3 and installed superSU afterwards. One downside is it's chinese, so its hard to read lol.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)