Any way to go back from the last update?

Search This thread

svortevik

Jan 8, 2011
After updating my phone I have lots of problems with it, even after factory reset.

Is there any way to go back to the firmware that was before the OTA firmware that was released yesterday?

poolmaker

Jul 21, 2012
Sure, download latest flashtool and do a full flash of 4.3 firmware.
But before that, try this.
Download this 4.4.2 ftf (others i didnt tested, probably them are also ok) and make a full flash.
Maybe you will be surprised with results.

svortevik

Jan 8, 2011
Sure, download latest flashtool and do a full flash of 4.3 firmware.
But before that, try this.
Download this 4.4.2 ftf (others i didnt tested, probably them are also ok) and make a full flash.
Maybe you will be surprised with results.

Thank you. I will give it a try.

The main problem after the update is the my phone is out of signal most of the time. Before the update this were never a problem.

poolmaker

Jul 21, 2012
Flashtool works with rooted, unrooted, and locked/unlocked bootloaders phones.
Just make sure to use latest version flashtool (9.0.15 i think).
And (somebody correct me if im wrong) if yours bootloader is locked and you want to stay like that, then its a goid idea to exclude TA partition from flashing.

svortevik

Jan 8, 2011
Flashtool works with rooted, unrooted, and locked/unlocked bootloaders phones.
Just make sure to use latest version flashtool (9.0.15 i think).
And (somebody correct me if im wrong) if yours bootloader is locked and you want to stay like that, then its a goid idea to exclude TA partition from flashing.

Sorry for all my questions. I have never used flashtool before, this is my first sony phone so it is new to me.

I start my phone in download mode?

Choose flash i flashtool?

Then what, any option here that should be ticked besides the TA option?

Last edited:

phantomEVO

Jul 19, 2006
after updating to kitkat i have a lot of bugs:

i would like to come back as soon as possible to 4.3!!!

1) how can i do that without losing anything?

2) which is the last firmware before kitkat? (i'm italian with a ITA PHONE).

3) Were can i download the firmware?

poolmaker

Jul 21, 2012
after updating to kitkat i have a lot of bugs:

i would like to come back as soon as possible to 4.3!!!

1) how can i do that without losing anything?

2) which is the last firmware before kitkat? (i'm italian with a ITA PHONE).

3) Were can i download the firmware?

1. No root solution.
Bekap apps with Helium (tried bekap from 4.3 and restore to 4.4.2 should be ok oposite direction) or with stock Sony app Back up & Restore (didnt tested).
Root solution
Bekap with Titanium backup

Bekap pictures, music etc to PC.

2. and 3.
FTF Central Europe firmware 14.2.A.1.114

phantomEVO

Jul 19, 2006
1. No root solution.
Bekap apps with Helium (tried bekap from 4.3 and restore to 4.4.2 should be ok oposite direction) or with stock Sony app Back up & Restore (didnt tested).
Root solution
Bekap with Titanium backup

Bekap pictures, music etc to PC.

2. and 3.
FTF Central Europe firmware 14.2.A.1.114

My phone it's stock not rooted. is it impossible to reflash without losing anything? why when you upgrade the firmware you don't lose anything?

p.s firmware " .114"? i know there is firmware .142!

other thing: flashing this firmware, will i have future updates??

poolmaker

Jul 21, 2012
My phone it's stock not rooted. is it impossible to reflash without losing anything? why when you upgrade the firmware you don't lose anything?

p.s firmware " .114"? i know there is firmware .142!

other thing: flashing this firmware, will i have future updates??

You want downgrade?
Full flash then restore of backup.
What updates?
You dont want KitKat right?
.114 is best Jelly Bean firmware

megamack

May 14, 2011
London
Sorry to hijack but I have a few similar questions that I've tried searching for but can't quite find definite answers.

I have a new Xperia Compact from O2. O2 branded (splash screen & a few apps), unlocked (via eBay code) and unrooted. I'm not worried about backing up because the handset is still fresh with not much on it. I do not wish to root because certain apps I require will no longer work. This is my first Sony handset in years so I'm hoping one of you more experienced folk can help me.

1. Can I download any generic ROM from here and install it using Flashtool?
2. Will it remove the O2 branding permanently?
3. Will I be able to receive OTA updates in the future or will I have consigned myself to using flashtool for every update?

Thank you in advance.

Volovate

Feb 9, 2013
Hunedoara
Sorry to hijack but I have a few similar questions that I've tried searching for but can't quite find definite answers.

I have a new Xperia Compact from O2. O2 branded (splash screen & a few apps), unlocked (via eBay code) and unrooted. I'm not worried about backing up because the handset is still fresh with not much on it. I do not wish to root because certain apps I require will no longer work. This is my first Sony handset in years so I'm hoping one of you more experienced folk can help me.

1. Can I download any generic ROM from here and install it using Flashtool?
2. Will it remove the O2 branding permanently?
3. Will I be able to receive OTA updates in the future or will I have consigned myself to using flashtool for every update?

Thank you in advance.

Yes, you can flash JB or the new KitKat but I recommend keeping the phone on JB because the update for KK has bugs, like battery loss, sound stuttering and many more
Download the latest flashtool, it's very easy to use even as a "new player", check wipe for all and it should do the trick.
As far as the O2 apps, I believe they will be removed with a fresh flash of a new firmware if you do a complete wipe and OTA will work as long as you don't unlock bootloader, at least for sony firmware.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts