[Q] SafeStrap Installs Recovery In 4.3 But wont boot into it

Search This thread

spirodave

Mar 3, 2014
Saint Louis missouri
I am on MK2 4.3 and I have Safestrap installed and I installed the recovery and when I reboot into recovery It goes to the Custom screen then it fails to Go to the Splash screen where I can choose to go into TWRP . I had this working on MF3 but I had bricked my phone and and had to flash the allin one to fix it . I am successfully rooted with safestrap installed .. ANY IDEAS would be greatly appreciated...Thanks By the way it Says Safe system : Not Active. I thought I remember it saying Active before

Also is there another way to install a Recovery. Im coming from a Tmobile GS2 where you could flash recovery once within Odin and after that you could just flash different versions of Twrp or Cwm when needed. No locked boot loader . I always thought HTC was the only phones with locked boot loaders . I have been doing a lot of reading prior to posting this question and have been up all night . After bricking last night and recovering from it I got a crash course with this device.

Last edited:

sway8966

Mar 17, 2012
Odessa
I am on MK2 4.3 and I have Safestrap installed and I installed the recovery and when I reboot into recovery It goes to the Custom screen then it fails to Go to the Splash screen where I can choose to go into TWRP . I had this working on MF3 but I had bricked my phone and and had to flash the allin one to fix it . I am successfully rooted with safestrap installed .. ANY IDEAS would be greatly appreciated...Thanks By the way it Says Safe system : Not Active. I thought I remember it saying Active before

Also is there another way to install a Recovery. Im coming from a Tmobile GS2 where you could flash recovery once within Odin and after that you could just flash different versions of Twrp or Cwm when needed. No locked boot loader . I always thought HTC was the only phones with locked boot loaders . I have been doing a lot of reading prior to posting this question and have been up all night . After bricking last night and recovering from it I got a crash course with this device.

Check your root condition is valid. If you do not have root you can not install the safestrap recovery.
To go to the safestrap you do not need to reboot into the recovery. You simply reboot as normal and safestrap splash screen would come up.
You can use odin to flash the recovery in the download mode or you can use adb command to push the recovery.
AT&T and verizon G4 bootloaders are locked. You can not unlock like HTC S-off. You can only exploit the bootloader with different methods based on your firmware version.

jmjoyas

Apr 5, 2013
Simply reboot the phone and on boot up it will show you the splash screen. Not active means that stock slot is still selected.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running GPE using Tapatalk

spirodave

Mar 3, 2014
Saint Louis missouri
Check your root condition is valid. If you do not have root you can not install the safestrap recovery.
To go to the safestrap you do not need to reboot into the recovery. You simply reboot as normal and safestrap splash screen would come up.
You can use odin to flash the recovery in the download mode or you can use adb command to push the recovery.
AT&T and verizon G4 bootloaders are locked. You can not unlock like HTC S-off. You can only exploit the bootloader with different methods based on your firmware version.

Im an idiot. I just realized I have been using the safestrap.apk I had on my sd that was for MF3. This will be my problem

Last edited:

spirodave

Mar 3, 2014
Saint Louis missouri
Simply reboot the phone and on boot up it will show you the splash screen. Not active means that stock slot is still selected.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running GPE using Tapatalk

Im an idiot. I just realized I have been using the safestrap.apk I had on my sd that was for MF3. This will be my problem..Problem solved.When you said the wrong slot was selected it made a light bulb light up in my head..Thanks bro

Last edited: