Search This thread

airognol

Sep 1, 2010
Running smooth right now. Thanks for all the hard work guys!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

manny05

Feb 21, 2011
DO NOT LET THIS THREAD GET OUT OF HAND GUYS!!!!

New release available for download in the OP! :D

AOKP Jellybean Preview
Thats what it is. Android 4.1.1 Jellybean AOKP
Added .75 Animation Speed step (In Developer Options)
This is a 1st release. Expect a few bugs here and there. We are aware of them.
Known Issues- Capacitive Lights don't work until the Brightness is toggled (When the screen is turned off they stop working again. We will fix this.
It's perfect for a 1st release in my opinion considering we had nothing to work with.

I've been running this for 2 days as my daily driver just so you all know. Its stable. ;)

Nice. I don't think I mind if the capacitive Lights don't work. Flashing now. Thanks for your work. Gonna donate right now :D

sent from my GALAXY SIII

ktoonsez

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
Ktoonsez and Task,

Great Job Guys, For an Alpha release this thing is pretty dang awesome! I can't find any problems so far except what was stated in op! Beer $ on the way this week! I am gonna try this thing out tomorrow at work and see how it performs. I'm not gonna load it with a whole lot of apps yet, just essentials. Ill report more tomorrow. Once again thanks for the hard work guys!

dave2metz

Oct 10, 2010
Clearwater, Florida
Has anybody had problems flashing this on T-Mobile? I got an installation aborted. Error in SD card.

Edit...I tried using the internal storage as well with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Rev1vaL

Aug 9, 2010
dallas
Has anybody had problems flashing this on T-Mobile? I got an installation aborted. Error in SD card.

Edit...I tried using the internal storage as well with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

since this is for att...i would say post in q and a...or the q and a for this thread

Good looks task! flashing this as soon as it's done

Tophaholic

Jul 1, 2008
Columbus, IN

Replace the battery cover with an AT&T cover.....now it should work.
:D

Awesome ROM....task and ktoonsez!!!!! Was refreshing this thread all day today to see if you guys release it today....and you did not dissapoint. Keep up the great work.

Last edited:

kociubin

Jan 25, 2008
A2DP not working in JB

Thanks for the JB ROM. Nice work!

For those interested in A2DP, (i.e. playing music over bluetooth headphones) it does not appear to work in this 7/24 build. Audio is getting routed to the phone speaker. This seems to be an issue with all of the JB ROMs for our device. I remember seeing a post that a fix has been checked into the CM10 repository, but I can't find it for some reason. If it would be helpful I can look for it again.

Making calls using bluetooth works just fine.

Rybean

Feb 1, 2012
I did a factory/data reset. Went to flash zip and got "failed to getprop("rp_product device)..... status 7
gonna restore, re-download and try again.

yokken

Dec 29, 2010

If you open it up with WinRAR and find the updater-script in META-INF, save that to your desktop. You can edit that so anywhere it says d2att, replace it with d2tmo. It might work. Just throw it back where it goes, overwrite, and copy that over. Make sure you set it to "Store" for compression. You can also remove the first line of the script I believe, and it will also work, but I haven't looked at it for this ROM. I'm about to flash though!

I did a factory/data reset. Went to flash zip and got "failed to getprop("rp_product device)..... status 7
gonna restore, re-download and try again.

You can try that fix as well.

Edit: Ugh, I got it too. Looks like I'll have to figure it out.

Last edited:

woodydog

May 19, 2012
OHIO
Just got all set back up. And all I can say is this sh.t is bad a$$ not every thing is in rom control but I don't care. Very nice and donations on the way

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

tocirahl

Jun 18, 2012
Thank you so much for this, Task! You're the best. What a great present for the first day I get my phone!

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
If you open it up with WinRAR and find the updater-script in META-INF, save that to your desktop. You can edit that so anywhere it says d2att, replace it with d2tmo. It might work. Just throw it back where it goes, overwrite, and copy that over. You can also remove the first line of the script I believe, and it will also work, but I haven't looked at it for this ROM. I'm about to flash though!

You can try that fix as well.

Edit: Ugh, I got it too. Looks like I'll have to figure it out.

why would you give advice to an unsupported device here?

Rybean

Feb 1, 2012
downloaded again and moved from computer to SD Card, same error. Your AOKP worked great. Any ideas?
E: Error in /emmc/ jellybean.zip

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wanted to bring you guys some AOKP releases with other mods and code changes for ALL VARIANTS of the SGS III.​
    HZ19dJT.png

A Big Thanks Goes to the AOKP Team & CyanogenMod Team. Without their source this wouldn't be possible. Go thank them, tweet them, and donate to them. Also a HUGE thanks to mrgoat for the hosting!!!​
    If you decide that you are not going to read all of the information provided in this OP or the FAQ, then GTFO. There is a lot of useful information in either of the two that will really help you and this thread out.​

» Read and use the FAQ/Q & A thread for non-development/ROM related stuffs!!! HERE!!!

81.png

» Installation is simple:
    • If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data (Factory reset) in recovery. Always do this before reporting any bugs.
    • Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Google Apps (GAPPS) from HERE
    • Reboot
    78.png

» Check Changelogs on G+
    » Also Check merged commits on AOKP's Gerrit

80.png

» Downloads, mirrors, and MD5s can be found HERE

82.png

» AOKP Gerrit
    » AOKP on Github
    » Task650 Source

79.png

We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.
    » Donations to task650
    » Donations to AOKP AOKP.co

Enjoy!
    Animation Manager explained
    1. Zip files that contain the animations are in /system/addon.d/keyboard-anim and /system/addon.d/window-anim
    2. If you feel like you want to add more, simply open one up to see the folder structure and the files it contains.
    3. To add another animation that you like, simply create a new zip file with the same files and folders and place in the appropriate folder. The files must be compiled xml files and not the human readable version.
    4. Enjoy guys
    and this for underwear
    I am hosting all of Task's files for you guys to download and I just wanted to update you all on some bandwidth numbers for this month. This is across all the platforms task's develops for but here are this months's bandwidth numbers. Task you rock. :cowboy:

Total Bandwidth Provided: unlimited GB
    Total Used So Far: 4195.657 GB
    Estimated Usage For Cycle: 4335.512 GB