[ROM][JB/ICS]ParanoidAndroid 2.54 - UPDATE: 19/12/12

Search This thread

wildfire-s

Aug 3, 2011
HELP!

Can someone please explain what is the difference between this and CM9 im mega confused right now :S?

MaxAndroided

Jul 3, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nokia 5
Can someone please explain what is the difference between this and CM9 im mega confused right now :S?

I think more settings and Tabletmode (when fixed) :angel:
and ... :confused:

btw. I have some camera problems :(

using Barcode Scanner (does not work)

Here my ERRO in Log file :(

?: E/QualcommCameraHardware(181): native_access_parm: error (No such file or directory): fd 35, type 1, length 32, status 0
?: E/mm-camera 7x-vfe(181): Received VFE start ACK!!! This is a user preview start.
?: E/mm-camera(181): +++ DELETING LEAKED MEMORY AT 0x4e790 (2 REMAINING)
?: E/mm-camera(181): 6 0xa742e1c8
?: E/mm-camera(181): 5 0xa740cd12
?: E/mm-camera(181): 4 0xa740e5be
?: E/mm-camera(181): 3 0xa740e0a2
?: E/mm-camera(181): 2 0x40056f1c
?: E/mm-camera(181): 1 0x40056a30
?: E/mm-camera(181): +++ DELETING LEAKED MEMORY AT 0x30688 (1 REMAINING)
?: E/mm-camera(181): 6 0xa742e1c8
?: E/mm-camera(181): 5 0xa740cd12
?: E/mm-camera(181): 4 0xa740e5be
?: E/mm-camera(181): 3 0xa740e0a2
?: E/mm-camera(181): 2 0x40056f1c
?: E/mm-camera(181): 1 0x40056a30

Attachments

• alogcat.2012-07-23-21-03-49+0200.txt
    86.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

smartboy0668

Jul 21, 2011
Ahmedabad
Running..awsome work dude...super like ...:thumbup:

No fc..
S2e works perfect...
Waiting for rotation fix
Edit : key backlight isvnot working too
Sent from my Wildfire S A510e using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: dudeman1996

dudeman1996

Aug 29, 2010
London, UK

This ROM is pretty similar to CM9, but it has some differences in features and settings. But the main thing with this ROM is that it allows you to switch certain apps into tablet mode, as they would look on a tablet.

I think more settings and Tabletmode (when fixed) :angel:
and ... :confused:

btw. I have some camera problems :(

using Barcode Scanner (does not work)

Here my ERRO in Log file :(

Thanks for the logcat, I need to update the camera libs to alpha 6. I'm sure that'll fix it. I'll be starting working on squashing those bugs in half an hour, so I'll keep you posted :) EDIT: Barcode scanning fixed.

Running..awsome work dude...super like ...:thumbup:

No fc..
S2e works perfect...
Waiting for rotation fix
Edit : key backlight isvnot working too

I have ideas on a rotation fix thanks to modpunk, I'll look into the key backlights too. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: MaxAndroided

dudeman1996

Aug 29, 2010
London, UK
After looking through the official ParanoidAndroid thread, the team has made massive improvements that will make porting this ROM a much easier task, especially when they release their sources. v1.4 is pretty hard to get everything working, but v1.5 and v1.6 seems like it'd be easier to get everything working, but I can't get it to boot. I'll check the Ace port to see if they've got a v1.5 or v1.6 port and work from that.

Since CM have pretty much abandoned ICS for Jelly Bean, the ParanoidAndroid Team have also done this. This means that when they release their source, it'll be Jelly Bean source, which means that I can't port ParanoidAndroid from source until someone here ports CM10 and open sources their work.

Hopefully this clears things up for people as to why this ROM isn't fully functional yet. I'll do my best to get everything working until the sources are released for both ParanoidAndroid and for CM10 for marvel. In the meantime, if anyone has any questions about why certain features aren't working, ask away and I promise I will answer them to the best of my ability.

MaxAndroided

Jul 3, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nokia 5
I'll look into the key backlights too. Thanks!

I have that problem with all cm9 based ROMs (MIUI V4 too) It must be a BUG in cm9 :silly:

I play around with light intensity to turn on the backlights for a short time ...
But after round about 15 ~20 Minutes lights turn off again

And thanks for fixing the scanner :victory:

P.s.: will you give seperate updates for this ROM after integration to Xena? I will not flash Xena for using Paranoid ROM in future:(

Last edited:

dudeman1996

Aug 29, 2010
London, UK
I have that problem with all cm9 based ROMs (MIUI V4 too) It must be a BUG in cm9 :silly:

I play around with light intensity to turn on the backlights for a short time ...
But after round about 15 ~20 Minutes lights turn off again

And thanks for fixing the scanner :victory:

P.s.: will you give seperate updates for this ROM after integration to Xena? I will not flash Xena for using Paranoid ROM in future:(

I think I know why it's not working. The light sensor controls the backlight of the buttons, when there's a bright light, it'll brighten the screen and turn off the button backlight. When there's little light, it'll lower the screens brightness and turn on the button backlight. This sensor and the accelerometer/gyroscope sensor are controlled by the same service, so I thought that service might be broken for some reason, but the confusing part is that the proximity sensor works fine... So this could be hard to do.

What we're doing with RobotoMOD, is that if an update for the core you're using comes out, that core and that core only will be pushed to you OTA, so there's a smaller download and a quick update for your core.

Reactions: MaxAndroided

MaxAndroided

Jul 3, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nokia 5
What we're doing with RobotoMOD, is that if an update for the core you're using comes out, that core and that core only will be pushed to you OTA, so there's a smaller download and a quick update for your core.

OK men I understand :good: I don´t need to install that MONSTER :victory:

Key´s not importent for me :D I use the amazing onscreen buttons :good:

dinanski123

Nov 23, 2011
i'm on alpha2 and home button is not working.. it works in alpha1 though..

dudeman1996

Aug 29, 2010
London, UK
Okay so I've updated ParanoidAndroid to v1.5a from the Ace, and it all looks good and everything, some really nice end user improvements. But there are some bugs that are stopping me from releasing it. Tablet mode and rotation still not working are 2 of those bugs, but another bug that's appeared is the notification widgets are really messed up. The default ones there include toggling WiMax 4G, which the WFS obviously doesn't have, so that's causing errors in the sense that you can't change any of the notification power widgets. Once I get an appropriate amount of bugs fixed, expect alpha 3/beta 1. It's also 1:30am here, so I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

Reactions: elspanish88

smartboy0668

Jul 21, 2011
Ahmedabad
Okay so I've updated ParanoidAndroid to v1.5a from the Ace, and it all looks good and everything, some really nice end user improvements. But there are some bugs that are stopping me from releasing it. Tablet mode and rotation still not working are 2 of those bugs, but another bug that's appeared is the notification widgets are really messed up. The default ones there include toggling WiMax 4G, which the WFS obviously doesn't have, so that's causing errors in the sense that you can't change any of the notification power widgets. Once I get an appropriate amount of bugs fixed, expect alpha 3/beta 1. It's also 1:30am here, so I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

Take your time...we are not in hurry...:)

Reactions: masood939

emokid09

Feb 15, 2012
york
i keep getting an error/force close when trying to make a call. com.android.phone
then once error goes i get another saying sim card added - you must restart your device blah blah.
once i do that the error keeps coming back
so i cant make or recieve calls :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2ptxnad.png

161ahip.png

2vb4tjq.png

wargiv.png

2yywe11.png

Original thread here

Known bugs:

Marvel:

ICS:
    • Camcorder playback shows green lines
    Jelly Bean:
    • Only those that are in modpunk's CM10

Marvelc:
    • None known at this point - I do not have a marvelc device to test on. Let me know of the bugs.

Downloads:
    There are 2 different downloads - ICS and Jelly Bean. Both versions are based on modpunks work. (marvelc version is also inclusive of simonsimons34's work)
    ^The bugs in each version are listed above.^

Marvel downloads
    Download ICS ParanoidAndroid | Download Jelly Bean ParanoidAndroid

A list of all the downloads are here:
    http://goo.im/devs/dudeman1996/ParanoidAndroid_marvel
    Current version: ICS: Beta2 | Jelly Bean: Beta1

Marvelc downloads
    Download ICS ParanoidAndroid

A list of all the downloads are here:
    http://goo.im/devs/dudeman1996/ParanoidAndroid_marvelc
    Current version: Alpha2
    Changelog:
    Marvel:

Jelly Bean:
    2.54-beta1-08NOV2012-164651:
    • Freshly compiled from the latest of modpunk's sources
    • Many, many, many upstream changes from CM and PA
    • See above for what doesn't work

1.99-alpha1-16AUG2012-073520:
    • Initial release

ICS:
    1.6a-beta2-19DEC2012-110459:
    • HQ YouTube video working along with other video stuffs
    • Using Eoghan's Kernel
    • Much smoother than previous versions (IMO)

1.6a-beta1-24AUG2012-142650:
    • Camera fixed
    • Reboot on power menu fixed
    • Navigation bar hidden by default (can be activated in Settings>System>Navigation Bar)

1.6a-alpha3-15AUG2012-094630:
    • Built from source
    • Accelerometer/gyroscope fixed - rotation now working
    • Tablet mode fixed
    • Updated to v1.6a (UPSTREAM)
    • Camera doesn't work

Alpha2-18-07-12:
    • Wi-Fi fixed
    • Torch fixed

Alpha1-14-07-12:
    • Camera fixed

Alpha0-03-07-12:
    • Initial release of the ROM

Marvelc
    Alpha2-30AUG2012-092633:
    • Merged mopunk's overlay with simonsimons34's

Alpha1-27AUG2012-203747:
    • Initial release

Credits:
    modpunk
    nims11
    molesarecoming/ParanoidAndroid Team
    davidang
    benjamingwynn
    simonsimons34
    Fixed all those bugs, ParanoidAndroid 2.54 (Jelly Bean) for marvel is now available for download!

http://goo.im/devs/dudeman1996/ParanoidAndroid_marvel/pa_marvel-2.54-beta1-08NOV2012-164651.zip
    It's worth the sense of nostalgia to come back here and remind you that you did all of this on your own and didn't work with anybody else on it. This was your own little baby and it's quite a shame to see it go from the remainder of the Wildfire S community.

I remember that somebody suggested porting PA to our phone on some thread by just asking for a one off build, to see what it would be like on an MDPI phone. You took it as an almost-personal challenge and you went from changing a few files in modpunks compiled builds to spending an entire day hacking at AOSP source to try and get it to work again.

I hope you get to share your knowledge you've learnt porting PA on the Wildfire S community some more with future ROMs (I.E. Project Llama) as you have become a pretty awesome dev and a good mate to me.

(And for those of you who don't know, me and him talk regularly over Google Talk, that's why I knew he spent a whole day mashing at his keyboard trying to get ARMv6 code working in AOSP.)

Good work mate! May PA rest in peace.

- Benjamin

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
    People having problems flashing the ICS PA, it's obviously a corrupted zip. I'm working on building a new version with all the fixes from modpunks cm9, but the repositories are set up for cm, not pa, so I have to manually change things. Please be patient, I'm working as fast as I can.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium