[Port] Galaxy SII ICS progression(NON DEV ISSUES & Q&A)

What do you want next after the release of ICS?

• Close this thread

Votes: 45 9.1%
  • Jelly Bean:D

Votes: 35 7.1%
  • Make ICS even better;)

Votes: 290 58.6%
  • Keep thread open for rom related issues

Votes: 72 14.5%
  • A date with Rihanna(my favourite one)

Votes: 53 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
M

Matriak31

As the title of the thread says anything you want to post keep it here regarding the ICS porting... Please, keep all your posts and wishes to the devs here. That is the entire point of this thread; for general discussions and non-dev issues.I will always try and keep updates in this thread and in the first post..

Also keep up to date here.
http://codeworkx.de/wordpress/2011/11/20/status-update-for-ics-on-galaxy-s-ii/

Notice to everyone before going ahead and posting in this thread. Please read here

Working
Display
Touchscreen
RIL
Audio
Wifi
GPS
Sensors
SD Cards
Bluetooth
Phone ending
Rotation
transparency fixed courtesy of Team Hacksung
HWcomposer is working now(this is what it does.For using the GPU to render the UI.)
Soft keys have now gone ala Nexus style

What's not working
Camera
Video Recording
Video Codecs
Call Mic so far not working during calls

—IMPORTANT INFO—
The team working on the project:
TeamHacksung
Xplowild

Intratech's amazing posts. Quality post 1,Quality Post 2

Thanks again to all devs for the hard work they are doing for us

Last edited:

jastonas

Jul 1, 2010
Patra
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Development thread and Q&A/General threads always end up the same... you know.. because people in dev section just noob it.

So...

Let's give some estimates?

I say I ll have ICS running in no more than 34 hours.

M

Matriak31

Development thread and Q&A/General threads always end up the same... you know.. because people in dev section just noob it.

So...

Let's give some estimates?

I say I ll have ICS running in no more than 34 hours.

well hope you are right about the estimates but regarding the other part i will make sure that all noob questions are posted here instead...wished i was a mod to say that noob questions posted there will be welcomed with a big ban with it:D anyways the thread is here now so anyone wants to leave even the most pointless post do it here instead:D

M

Matriak31

Just wondering - how many threads/posts do you have per day?

this is the one and only one i have King ;) all respect to you Sir:) i got no life:Di have the xda bug.....:D

EDIT:30 posts a day....:) why not...:)better than going out and gambling or doing drugs:D

and anyway this is to help the team concentrate on their work and for noobs and the rest to post there stuff here...keep that thread in android section just for pure dev posts..no harm in that is there

King Shady

Sep 6, 2010
this is the one and only one i have King ;) all respect to you Sir:) i got no life:Di have the xda bug.....:D

EDIT:30 posts a day....:) why not...:)better than going out and gambling or doing drugs:D

and anyway this is to help the team concentrate on their work and for noobs and the rest to post there stuff here...keep that thread in android section just for pure dev posts..no harm in that is there

Haha true. Well I'm glad to see you helping out in all ways possible :).

tolis626

Dec 31, 2009
Amaliada
I tried putting Icecream sandwich on my Galaxy S2 but I think it's incompatible! It melted and now my phone's all sticky. :(

aaaaww just wipe it and you'll be fine ! ^^
If wiping it doesn't work,paint it blue(Will match the ICS theme too) and throw it in the sea.It's effective.You'll never have problems with that phone again. :p
well hope you are right about the estimates but regarding the other part i will make sure that all noob questions are posted here instead...wished i was a mod to say that noob questions posted there will be welcomed with a big ban with it:D anyways the thread is here now so anyone wants to leave even the most pointless post do it here instead:D
It's a good thing that noobull****(You know,noobs' bull**** :p ) tend to be seperated from development thread.They just tend to though.When the day comes that XDA forums will be divided in noob and developer forums and noobs stick to their rightful place,then XDA will be a better place.Ahh Utopia... :p

To avoid misunderstandings:
I don't call anyone who isn't a developer a noob.If I did,I'd be calling 90% of XDA's users,including me and people much better than me,noobs.Noobs are those typical idiots with that strange sense of entitlement to other,more skilled people's work,while they don't contribute to anything.Although I'm pretty sure most of you know what I mean... ;)

Reactions: Robi-K and ben cole

karendar

Aug 9, 2010
Montreal
If wiping it doesn't work,paint it blue(Will match the ICS theme too) and throw it in the sea.It's effective.You'll never have problems with that phone again. :p

I don't call anyone who isn't a developer a noob.If I did,I'd be calling 90% of XDA's users,including me and people much better than me,noobs.Noobs are those typical idiots with that strange sense of entitlement to other,more skilled people's work,while they don't contribute to anything.Although I'm pretty sure most of you know what I mean... ;)

I knew my spur of stupidity would give good feedback. ;) haha.

Yeah, well keep in mind that most of us have been noobs at sometime or another. :D What's important is how long you move away from n00bishness and become like everyone else. heh

M

Matriak31

Haha true. Well I'm glad to see you helping out in all ways possible :).
thanks mate. i know im not a dev or themer or know coding and stuff but if i can help in any way so the devs can get their work done in peace then that for me is job well done and i will do anything for it to happen.
I tried putting Icecream sandwich on my Galaxy S2 but I think it's incompatible! It melted and now my phone's all sticky. :(
:p joker..nice to see you here mate
Here it starts ....!

• This thread should be a sticky till ICS release.
i think it should be..so at least people can stop opening pointless threads and at least they can use this as their source:p:p

It's a good thing that noobull****(You know,noobs' bull**** :p ) tend to be seperated from development thread.They just tend to though.When the day comes that XDA forums will be divided in noob and developer forums and noobs stick to their rightful place,then XDA will be a better place.Ahh Utopia... :p

Amen to that file mou....Sympwnw apolita mazi sou...(agree with you) we are all noobs we all started from somewere but there is a line between not knowing and actually trying to find out something on your own..:)
I knew my spur of stupidity would give good feedback. ;) haha.

Yeah, well keep in mind that most of us have been noobs at sometime or another. :D What's important is how long you move away from n00bishness and become like everyone else. heh
again another well good post...keep them coming..

anything you might know guys or anyone that can help the cause of getting port over now since the source is out(yes i know drivers are the most important piece of the puzzle) post it here and i will put it in the first post so we can keep everyone else updated..:) thanks to you all and the devs who take their time to do all this for us...:)

tolis626

Dec 31, 2009
Amaliada
thanks mate. i know im not a dev or themer or know coding and stuff but if i can help in any way so the devs can get their work done in peace then that for me is job well done and i will do anything for it to happen.

:p joker..nice to see you here mate

i think it should be..so at least people can stop opening pointless threads and at least they can use this as their source:p:p

Amen to that file mou....Sympwnw apolita mazi sou...(agree with you) we are all noobs we all started from somewere but there is a line between not knowing and actually trying to find out something on your own..:)

again another well good post...keep them coming..

anything you might know guys or anyone that can help the cause of getting port over now since the source is out(yes i know drivers are the most important piece of the puzzle) post it here and i will put it in the first post so we can keep everyone else updated..:) thanks to you all and the devs who take their time to do all this for us...:)
You either speek Greek for some reason,or we Greeks are much more common than I thought. :p
Anyway,yes,we've all acted noobish at times,but there are two types of noobs as I have said elsewhere:
i)The "I want to learn" noob,who is the good noob and the one to be deprived of his noobishness quickly and once and for all.
ii)The "I'm an ass and think I deserve it all" noob,who is that typical idiot that asks the same question that was answered two posts above his.Number (ii) is the plague of every tech forum,not only XDA.
Being a noob isn't bad by itself.The problem is which noob type you choose to be. ;)

M

Matriak31

You either speek Greek for some reason,or we Greeks are much more common than I thought. :p
Anyway,yes,we've all acted noobish at times,but there are two types of noobs as I have said elsewhere:
i)The "I want to learn" noob,who is the good noob and the one to be deprived of his noobishness quickly and once and for all.
ii)The "I'm an ass and think I deserve it all" noob,who is that typical idiot that asks the same question that was answered two posts above his.Number (ii) is the plague of every tech forum,not only XDA.
Being a noob isn't bad by itself.The problem is which noob type you choose to be. ;)

Haha..I love your posts..:) Make so much sense...And fully fledged Greek my friend..:p

I choose number 1..That is the kinda noob i consider myself to be..There are still things i am learning...Do not thing it would be to the level of dev or themer but i feel pretty good so far in what i have learned in the short space i have been using android.:)

Mcjim113

Apr 15, 2010
Rant... ish.

I don't think it's just forums where you find this issue. The world seems to be full of people these days who seem to think that the entire planet owes them something although they have probably not done a days honest work in their entire pathetic existence.

Rather off-topic wouldn't you say :rolleyes:

M

Matriak31

I don't think it's just forums where you find this issue. The world seems to be full of people these days who seem to think that the entire planet owes them something although they have probably not done a days honest work in their entire pathetic existence.

That is the point of having this thread...So can people post the normal ICS stuff and other things they want to say....Not filling the thread on the dev section with it..:)

And yeah unfortunately this is life..you will get those kinda people werever you go even if its online or not...:(

tolis626

Dec 31, 2009
Amaliada

Hah,tell me.And one of these guys happens to be teaching me math at school.Pathetic sometimes...Not to sound like a ****er,but some people here consider me something like a genious(at math,physics and chemistry) and he insists that I'm good because he's a good teacher.Stopping this because it'll get ugly! ;)
Haha..I love your posts..:) Make so much sense...And fully fledged Greek my friend..:p

I choose number 1..That is the kinda noob i consider myself to be..There are still things i am learning...Do not thing it would be to the level of dev or themer but i feel pretty good so far in what i have learned in the short space i have been using android.:)
Well yeah,I too consider myself let's say...Part-time noob.I help noobs that are worth it,insult those who deserve it,point out development issues...Well,one does what one can do! ;)
And,Greek?Holy poo!Where are you from? :D

Reactions: jastonas
M

Matriak31

Hah,tell me.And one of these guys happens to be teaching me math at school.Pathetic sometimes...Not to sound like a ****er,but some people here consider me something like a genious(at math,physics and chemistry) and he insists that I'm good because he's a good teacher.Stopping this because it'll get ugly! ;)

Well yeah,I too consider myself let's say...Part-time noob.I help noobs that are worth it,insult those who deserve it,point out development issues...Well,one does what one can do! ;)
And,Greek?Holy poo!Where are you from? :D

London based but originally from Cyprus in Larnaka..Same here help noobs that are worth it and try to get them to the next level which is called super noob:D

And i do have the XDA bug..For some reason im on here learning and plus helping others were i can but also on the look out for new roms to play with and see what new is out.:)

tolis626

Dec 31, 2009
Amaliada
London based but originally from Cyprus in Larnaka..Same here help noobs that are worth it and try to get them to the next level which is called super noob:D

And i do have the XDA bug..For some reason im on here learning and plus helping others were i can but also on the look out for new roms to play with and see what new is out.:)

Hah!We Greeks are very common to stumble upon after all! :D
Always happy to see that there is "just-one-more" of us. ;)
Anyway,I don't have the XDA bug at such a degree,but I do have some bad ORD(Obsessive Rom-flashing Disorder).Blood examination didn't show anything.I'll try acupuncture. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In the actual state, most of the users here could not handle the rom because of some minor bugs and a lot of incompatible apps from the market.
    It would generate a ****storm of dumb questions and fully kill development.

We don't need any feedback at the moment.
    Like the past has already shown, 90% of the feedback is "LOL, HOW TO FIX BOOTLOOP, PLX PLX HELP", "FIXXXXX IT FASTTTT", "FORCE CLOOOOOOSE, HELP PLX PLX".

And when somebody talks about "acting like a community."
    It's like on any project on xda. Dev's are spending their free time on something and in appreciation of it, we'll be bombarded with dumb questions because most of the users are lazy and cannot read. They just can cry like little childs: "GIEF GIEF GIEF NAO!!!!" And if they're not getting what they want soooo bad, they're saying "**** ON OPENSOURCE" and "CRAP COMMUNITY".

Great community.

It's our project, our free time. We're deciding when it will be released.
    If this is not what you wanted to hear, start working on your own ROM and learn how to develop like every dev did!
    To everyone:

First of all, I think its great that this thread is open. There is another thread in the Development section, and I think its surprising how little spam (compared to, say, the CM7 thread) there is there. I personally think XDA should implement a better system for filtering posts on the development sections in general, but that's a discussion for a different time.

Second of all, I think people are forgetting that the source for ICS came out less than two weeks ago, and the amount of progress the developers have achieved in these two weeks is utterly ridiculous.

The Galaxy SII is one of the most popular Android devices out today, and this is a double-edged sword. On the one hand its great that it introduced the power of Android to so many people... on the other hand, there appears to be an influx of newcomers that think someone here owes them something.

Codeworkx, and the rest of the development team, I don't think I can stress this enough:

The entire SGS/SGSII community is in your debt! Please ignore the very small (but extremely vocal) group of users who continue to bug you regarding ETA's and other similarly childish, selfish, impatient requests and comments. Please don't dignify any of these users with your time, for it is invaluable. Plus, I guarantee the same users will see this as an invitation to come back and bug you further, and I guarantee other similarly-minded users will now think its acceptable to post such things.

I promise you that the majority of the users enjoy and appreciate your work immensely, and are simply waiting patiently for your release.

To everyone who keep posting messages such as "stop spamming/this question has been asked before/read the thread":
    Its pointless. We aren't moderators. I've posted the same things myself, but I realized that no matter how many times we post these messages... no matter how big the font in the op is... no matter how many times a question has been answered... egotistical selfish users will continue to repeat the same questions. Instead, let's just try to ignore them. Stop validating their posts by replying to them... instead, click the triangle with the exclamation point on the upper right corner and let the moderators moderate.

Yes, I wish we had the power to forcefully stop these users, but we don't... so let's let those who DO have the power to do so, do so.
    looks like we're going to fix the mic problem soon.
    but only if it won't be more hackish. we'll see.
    Thread is being closed due to peoples inability to read the first post and comprehend the facts before posting.

There will be a locked sticky to replace this which we will keep up to date (as best we can).

Anyone starting "whaa whaa wheres my ICS?" threads will be pointed and laughed at.....

Sent From My Fingers To Your Face.....
    Reading some things on here makes me think some sperms were better off being spat out.