Bootloader unlock tool *NOW* available for Transformer TF300T from Asus website.

Search This thread

giant25

Dec 19, 2012
Damn near everyone has that problem, getting frustrated. Check out other threads on this, especially one in Prime forum.

jimpmc

Sep 6, 2011
As another datapoint, I was able to successfully unlock a brand new TF300T-B1-BL running ICS (4.0.3) last night. Was fresh from box (US build), sideloaded apk and turned on wifi for it to unlock. Didn't even setup a google account on it yet.

Last edited:

thorrules

Jun 24, 2012
Cary, NC
Are you suggesting that downgrading may help? I have read in some forums that downgrading does not help, but I may give it a try when I get time.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app

thorrules

Jun 24, 2012
Cary, NC
Hey guys I was able to unlock my boot loader yesterday. I do not know how but, a few weeks back I had called Asus support for this issue, and at that time they noted my serial number. So it might be th registration that fixed it.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app

Delta_T

Jul 4, 2015
Delete google account

Hi everyone,

I know it's an old post but I hope this will help someone who have the same problem.
I add the same problem than you : my google password was always incorrect, even after registrating my TF300T. And finally, I found a solution : I deleted my Google account from my tablet and retry to unlock the bootloader ; it asked me if I wanted to unlock my device without a google account and I confirm. It worked !

cpct

Jul 13, 2015
Hi everyone,

I know it's an old post but I hope this will help someone who have the same problem.
I add the same problem than you : my google password was always incorrect, even after registrating my TF300T. And finally, I found a solution : I deleted my Google account from my tablet and retry to unlock the bootloader ; it asked me if I wanted to unlock my device without a google account and I confirm. It worked !

Thanks, that seems to skip the google account problem. Still have to wait for ASUS to update their online check now...

Android2512

Jul 27, 2015
Got it working!
1. Remove google account from device (sync settings or factory reset)
2. Install the v7 Unlocker
3. Press the unlock button ~ 100 times
4. Success

Common errors while pressing the button:
- Network error -> unknown, maybe a problem with their systems
- Wrong password -> you did not remove your Google account

I did not contact asus, just pressed the button until I finally had success. :D
Keep trying! I recommend to flash KatKiss - Lollipop #025 by timduru after unlocking, very fast rom! :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Quote from the Asus Global website, on the tab "download" choose "Android" as OS, then browse to "Utilities" and download the bootloader unlock tool, it dates from 22 may 2012:

http://support.asus.com/download.as...rmer+Pad+TF300T&os=&hashedid=8BmzkQ4yoz5WzBrW

Unlock Device App: Unlock boot loader.
    Notice:
    1. Only suitable for Andriod4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS version.
    2. Before you download, install, and use the Unlock Device App you acknowledge and assume complete risk to the quality and performance of this App, including but not limited to the following: once you activate the App you will not be able to recover your ASUS product (“Original Product”) back to original locked conditions;the Original Product with the activated App will not be deemed the Original Product; the Revised Product will no longer be covered under the warranty of the Original Product; the software of Revised Product will no longer be deemed the software of the Original Product and can no longer receive ASUS software updates; your purchased digital content may also be affected.

You also acknowledge ASUS does not guarantee service satisfaction to any Revised Product, including events involving paid service requested by you to be performed to the Revised Product.
    Furthermore, such repaired Revised Product will not be covered under the warranty of the Original Product; the software of the repaired Revised Product will not be deemed the software of the Original Product and will not receive ASUS software updates.

It is strongly advised that you avoid activating this App unless you fully understand and accept the risks that may arise.

This tool now only works with TF300T ICS of TW,US,WW SKU. It won’t work on other devices.

Download .apk file: Click here
    Download Windows installer: Click here

SWEET!! :)
    Delete google account

Hi everyone,

Thank u , but nope!!!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA
    So how do you get the updates then?

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium
    Well, I guess from Asus you don't. I assume Asus thinks that people who unlock there tablet are gonna install a custom ROM on it and are thus not in need of official updates..
    Wow. I can't wait to use this. Unfortunately, due to hardware problems with my first two tablets, I think I'll wait a couple weeks to make sure this new one isn't defective. That should give devs some time to get some ROMs and a recovery going on this thing.

What kind of problems?