Ghost touches on TF300T

Search This thread

Tamaskan

Aug 18, 2012
Adelaide
So just recently on my Asus tf300t there was "ghost touches" and its very annoying. I wonder, does anyone has this problem? And If its a hardware problem and have to change the digitilizer, does anyone know how much does it cost to send to asus to fix it?

wetbiker7

Aug 12, 2011
Does your device have a screen protector on it? I read where another member had the same problem because there were particles in between the screen protector and the screen. He removed the protector, cleaned the screen, added another protector and his problem disappeared.

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Tamaskan

Aug 18, 2012
Adelaide
Yah, I have a screen protector. Will try when it happens again.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using XDA Premium HD app

wetbiker7

Aug 12, 2011
Hopefully that's what is wrong.

callinner

Oct 14, 2012
I had the same problem for a long time.
Is it the material of screen protector problem?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda app-developers app

Tamaskan

Aug 18, 2012
Adelaide
Hopefully that's what is wrong.

Yah me too, yesterday it was almost impossible to use my tab, then but today everything is fine.... I'm not sure what's happening but if it happens again I will try open screen protector haha

wetbiker7

Aug 12, 2011
I'm kinda funny when it comes to putting on a screen protector. lol The screen has to be perfect before I'll apply one. And when i say perfect, I mean PERFECT . It took me 30 minutes to put the one i have on it now. Another thing I've found is that the plastic ones work better than the vinyl protectors. :D

Sent from my Transformer Pad TF300T using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Tamaskan

Aug 18, 2012
Adelaide
I'm kinda funny when it comes to putting on a screen protector. lol The screen has to be perfect before I'll apply one. And when i say perfect, I mean PERFECT . It took me 30 minutes to put the one i have on it now. Another thing I've found is that the plastic ones work better than the vinyl protectors. :D

perfect? xD it took just 1seconds for dust to get there haha, anyway I always bought screen protectors from ebay cause the retail shops never has for my model lol.

dontsurf

Nov 24, 2012
Wellington
perfect? xD it took just 1seconds for dust to get there haha, anyway I always bought screen protectors from ebay cause the retail shops never has for my model lol.

Ebay, really? It's probably a lot cheaper and you'll get a much better product going to XtremeGuard, buying 3 and getting 80% off using the 80OFF3 coupon.

wetbiker7

Aug 12, 2011
I buy all of my screen protectors from Ebay. I've only gotten a bad package one time and the seller
took care care of it immediately and replaced them. As I mentioned above, I don't use the vinyl protectors either. I've had better results with the other ones.

Yes perfect. As perfect as I can get it anyways lol. :p You're right about it only taking a second for dust to get on the screen too. Crazy isn't it? :D

Tamaskan

Aug 18, 2012
Adelaide
Ebay, really? It's probably a lot cheaper and you'll get a much better product going to XtremeGuard, buying 3 and getting 80% off using the 80OFF3 coupon.

At ebay it cost around $4 for 3 so it's really worth it and it works, but never buy those with glare protection.

I buy all of my screen protectors from Ebay. I've only gotten a bad package one time and the seller
took care care of it immediately and replaced them. As I mentioned above, I don't use the vinyl protectors either. I've had better results with the other ones.

Yes perfect. As perfect as I can get it anyways lol. :p You're right about it only taking a second for dust to get on the screen too. Crazy isn't it? :D

Oo but most protectors got bent by those mail people. I bought a few from, ebay and some of them got a bit bent on it.

Last edited:

wetbiker7

Aug 12, 2011
Honestly, I've only received one in the mail so far and it came in a larger package with my tablet case. I'm expecting a set of 3 in a few days. Hopefully they won't be bent. I've never had any for my phone get messed up but they are much smaller. I'll let you know,they should be here by Monday.

Tamaskan

Aug 18, 2012
Adelaide
Honestly, I've only received one in the mail so far and it came in a larger package with my tablet case. I'm expecting a set of 3 in a few days. Hopefully they won't be bent. I've never had any for my phone get messed up but they are much smaller. I'll let you know,they should be here by Monday.

Well, from my experiences buying those from ebay, the one i bought with case does not get bent but the one i bought separately got bent, it's even written on top the envelope "do not bent" but I guess postman doesn't care :(

nashant

Feb 7, 2011
London
I doubt it's the screen protector. I've had this problem since early november and only put the screen protector on towards the end of the month. A factory reset helped, but i don't see why i should be forced to set up my tablet from scratch every month! Does anyone know if it's a problem with the jelly bean update? Has it happened to people with ICS?

Also, my screen seems way too sensitive. it registers touches about half a centimetre from the screen

pdoroba

Dec 9, 2010
Run a hot shower. When the room is streamed clean your device and apply the protector. Keeps the dust off. I tape one end of the protector to the device before removing the protective backing then remove the backing and lower the protector to the device. Kind of like closing a door. Works every time. ;)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Stempanssi

Mar 28, 2012
I doubt it's the screen protector. I've had this problem since early november and only put the screen protector on towards the end of the month. A factory reset helped, but i don't see why i should be forced to set up my tablet from scratch every month! Does anyone know if it's a problem with the jelly bean update? Has it happened to people with ICS?

Also, my screen seems way too sensitive. it registers touches about half a centimetre from the screen

I have had it all the time. Even woth ICS. I have sent it for repair twice and the second time it helped for 2months. then ghost spots reappeared. Always in the same place, upper left part of screen. I haven`t had a screen protector so it`s not it...
I 99% sure it is ASUS build quality and the digitizer is bad. This problem also applies for the ASUS nexus 7.

But now my digitizer and screen is cracked so doesn`t matter...

Hit thanks if I helped :)

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: elestudiante

UndisputedGuy

Dec 13, 2011
This happens to me pretty much every day at random times but usually in the latter part of the day. Highly annoying. I resort to squeezing or punching the screen which actually works but likely just damages the tablet

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app

wetbiker7

Aug 12, 2011
Update on ordered screen protectors

Just wanted to pop in and say that my screen protectors were shipped via UPS. They arrived in perfect condition. :p

fred99u

Apr 7, 2012

i agree with this guy, the cheap plastic ones work good
and usually you can get a pack of 3 for around $5-$7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After unlocking they wont repair it for free. No chance coz they have your imei(?) In their tdata base.

This is somewhat of a myth. Sure, you void the warranty by unlocking the bootloader but that should not affect repairs for hardware-related issues. How do I know this:

I just got my tablet back from one of the the North America service center and Asus repaired it. Here's how it went down:

• I started experiencing ghost touches / no touches directly in line with the left side of the clock while playing a game. I thought it was an issue with the game itself, not registering touches, so I turned on "show touches"
    • I tried a few different ROMs, stock-based and CM-based, and got the same results.
    • After a while, the problem got worse. Often, I had trouble unlocking the tablet because it requires a swipe from left to right immediately over the problem area. This was registered as me lifting my finger off the screen.
    • Worse still, I started getting ghost touches (about a dozen displayed in line with the left of the clock) and the tablets was eventually unusable.
    • I documented this and contacted ASUS support. After basic troubleshooting, they asked that I return it and issued a RMA.
    • Before shipping, I rolled back to stock ROM to ensure that the issue was present there. I also documented the entire thing, stating that I believed it was a hardware issue due to a bad digitizer. I also placed masking tape pointing at the area in questions, leaving no doubt as to their ability to reproduce the problem.
    • After approximately two weeks, I received an email stating that the tablet was on its way back to me.
    • Upon inspection, it appears that they replaced the screen, possibly including the LCD. The back is definitely the original as it has the marks from my dock.

So, $17 later, I have my tablet back and it feels brand new. No more flexing and creaking, even.

Make no mistake, I fully expected them to push back on the unlocked bootloader, or even for the fact that I did not have the serial number sticker in place (serial number is in the BIOS anyway). They didn't and, while I can't speak for ASUS service outside of the US, I'm more than happy with the service they provided. :victory:
    Does your device have a screen protector on it? I read where another member had the same problem because there were particles in between the screen protector and the screen. He removed the protector, cleaned the screen, added another protector and his problem disappeared.

Lads and ladies. Let me share my discovery to you. My TF300T is running on stock 4.2 android and I`m struggling with top right part of the screen that is going ballistic with phantom touches time to time. I read all 10 pages of current forum as well as many another materials and tried many different things trying to fix or minimize that annoying defect. So, long story in short :) I found applicarion Dead Pixels Detect and Fix in the market and tried to run it on my tablet. I think I fixed my phantom touches!!! So far, 3rd day I`ve no even one unwanted touch. I don`t understand how fixing of dead pixels on inner screen (which is LCD) can fix defect on outer glass (digitizer), but it worked for me. The theory behind this is that after blinking different colours for 30 mins (as app requests) pixels are getting warmed and start lighting even if they were dead. My tablet didn`t have dead pixels but I decided to download and try it. Please reply here with your success or not after trying to run mentioned app. May be we are winning this battle... :)
    Here's what I've observed with my device.

- If device is locked and I touch the screen then press power it will have ghost touches like it's holding the upper right corner of the screen but when I locked it, it disappear.

- if it's charging it sometimes have this ghost touches on the same spot and I tried once to touch the screen using 3 fingers and swipe down I can see these ghost touches but I haven't been able to recreate it.

These are the only scenarios that I get it but even when in long period of use and gaming I can't see these ghost touches. Do you think I should ask for replacement? Or this will get worst? or this is fine and avoid the hassle of turn around time?

Depending on how much you've got left on your warranty, it might be better sending it off to ASUS. If you still have a couple of months, then maybe you can wait and see if the problem develops and make a decision then. If you don't have a lot of time left, it could be a wise move to send it off to ASUS to try and prevent the problem from getting worse

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

I have had it all the time. Even woth ICS. I have sent it for repair twice and the second time it helped for 2months. then ghost spots reappeared. Always in the same place, upper left part of screen. I haven`t had a screen protector so it`s not it...
    I 99% sure it is ASUS build quality and the digitizer is bad. This problem also applies for the ASUS nexus 7.

But now my digitizer and screen is cracked so doesn`t matter...

Hit thanks if I helped :)

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app