[ROM][NIGHTLY]Official AOKP 4.2.2 Nightlies for the Sprint HTC One

Search This thread

mackentosh

Jun 30, 2010
Orlando FL.
Since I flashed aokp seems like my internal memory has been split into 2 separate sd's. I now have a folder labeled .0 and that's where my downloaded files go but now I can't find .0 folder in recovery... My question is how do I find the .0 folder in recovery or how can I fix it to normal

Sent from my HTCONE using xda premium

Mko979

Aug 31, 2010
Google Pixel 2 XL
Since I flashed aokp seems like my internal memory has been split into 2 separate sd's. I now have a folder labeled .0 and that's where my downloaded files go but now I can't find .0 folder in recovery... My question is how do I find the .0 folder in recovery or how can I fix it to normal

In recovery you have to go to data/media and then you will see your regular sd card files. If you go to sdcard in recovery then your actually going into the 0 directory and if theres nothing in there it looks like all your files are gone, but don't worry there not.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Reactions: mackentosh

mackentosh

Jun 30, 2010
Orlando FL.
In recovery you have to go to data/media and then you will see your regular sd card files. If you go to sdcard in recovery then your actually going into the 0 directory and if theres nothing in there it looks like all your files are gone, but don't worry there not.

Thank you much

socalnative1

Aug 25, 2012
This might be a stupid question but does any of the aosp roms mess with the quality of the camera?

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app

Crystallux

May 20, 2012
Clinton
This might be a stupid question but does any of the aosp roms mess with the quality of the camera?

While the camera has special hardware features most of it is controlled by the software. there isn't much loss but aosp hasn't fully grasped the 4mp yet

socalnative1

Aug 25, 2012
So does that mean that the pics won't come out as crisp or as good? Also noticed I don't have a menu button is there any fix for that?

Last edited:

derekwilkinson

Dec 14, 2007
So does that mean that the pics won't come out as crisp or as good? Also noticed I don't have a menu button is there any fix for that?

the pics aren't going to be as good.

You can add the menu button as a software key in settings -> rom control -> and I think it is under general settings by the screen rotation and stuff. Or you can get a custom kernel that turns the HTC logo into a menu button

Crystallux

May 20, 2012
Clinton
the pics aren't going to be as good.

You can add the menu button as a software key in settings -> rom control -> and I think it is under general settings by the screen rotation and stuff. Or you can get a custom kernel that turns the HTC logo into a menu button

Or 3-dot overlay in UI if u dont want on screen

phimuskapsi

Jul 23, 2009
Stamford
Is this still being developed, or has it fallen off? I was really looking forward to seeing more builds, but it seems that nothing has happened in 3+ weeks.

Just curious. Thanks!

phimuskapsi

Jul 23, 2009
Stamford
Seems that way

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

Actually, just went to the AOKP site and they now have nightly links for this device! (Woot!)

As a forewarning, my mobile data was NOT working right out of the box, it was set to the wrong 'mode'.

FIX: Go to Settings -> More... (Under Wireless & Networks) -> Mobile Networks -> Network Mode -> Set to CDMA/EvDo Auto.

Reactions: dts00

nerv8765

May 25, 2013
Actually, just went to the AOKP site and they now have nightly links for this device! (Woot!)

As a forewarning, my mobile data was NOT working right out of the box, it was set to the wrong 'mode'.

FIX: Go to Settings -> More... (Under Wireless & Networks) -> Mobile Networks -> Network Mode -> Set to CDMA/EvDo Auto.

Hey, is 4g also working on that AOKP? and are there any other issues that you have found?

BY THE WAY, All new AOKP Nightlies can be found here : http://aokp.co/devices/m7spr

phimuskapsi

Jul 23, 2009
Stamford
Hey, is 4g also working on that AOKP? and are there any other issues that you have found?

BY THE WAY, All new AOKP Nightlies can be found here : http://aokp.co/devices/m7spr

I dunno about LTE as it's not on in my area yet (August hopefully). I ran into numerous issues and am currently trying to nail down if it's the kernel or the ROM.

Issues so far:
- No GPS (but I know the fix for this)
- 3G sometimes will have signal but won't work as a data source. This is rare.
- Some apps run slower or take longer to load than before
- The three-dot overlay for the menu only seems to work in some apps

That's all so far that I can think of. I just RUU'd back to the .10 base, and am about to try this again with the badseed custom kernel.
I was on ElementalX before.

phimuskapsi

Jul 23, 2009
Stamford
I dunno about LTE as it's not on in my area yet (August hopefully). I ran into numerous issues and am currently trying to nail down if it's the kernel or the ROM.

Issues so far:
- No GPS (but I know the fix for this)
- 3G sometimes will have signal but won't work as a data source. This is rare.
- Some apps run slower or take longer to load than before
- The three-dot overlay for the menu only seems to work in some apps

That's all so far that I can think of. I just RUU'd back to the .10 base, and am about to try this again with the badseed custom kernel.
I was on ElementalX before.

USB is connected to laptop and I have no Mass Storage device to access.
Even with gapps and multiple reboots, the USB doesn't work.
It still defaults to a mobile data type that doesn't work for me.

Going back to CM10 until they figure out these issues...

Aldo101t

Mar 9, 2012
Pittsburgh
HTC U11
Google Pixel 7 Pro
USB is connected to laptop and I have no Mass Storage device to access.
Even with gapps and multiple reboots, the USB doesn't work.
It still defaults to a mobile data type that doesn't work for me.

Going back to CM10 until they figure out these issues...

go to storage>menu>select MTP and you'll see your device in my computer, select internal sdcard

crusnik23

Apr 4, 2012
Has anyone had the issue with their phone bricking with this rom? I know there have been a few reports of aosp roms bricking the phone. Apparently it might have something to do with twrp as well but just wanted to check before I flash.

dts00

Feb 13, 2010
Has anyone had the issue with their phone bricking with this rom? I know there have been a few reports of aosp roms bricking the phone. Apparently it might have something to do with twrp as well but just wanted to check before I flash.

I just installed the 6/15/13 build and luckily didn't brick. I am having some issues with signal, but as long as I go to settings and change it to CDMA it works. The thing that its a little annoying is I'm getting a black strip on the bottom where the navigation bar goes. Playing with the settings a little it goes away, but I hope that gets fixed.

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    83.png

Device: m7wls (Sprint HTC One)

All I've done is compiled sources to bring you these builds. All the heavy lifting is done over at https://github.com/htc-msm8960 - thank those guys, they are working incredibly hard to bring AOSP to this device. I think the list of developers goes something like this: h8rift, intervigil, toastcfh, deck, Flinny, Flemmard, Codeworkx, birdman

That means that any bugs that exist in other AOSP builds will probablacy exist in these builds.

81.png

» Installation is simple:

• If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data in recovery
    • Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Google Apps (GAPPS)
    • Reboot

78.png

Code:
    May 7, 2013 [I](MD5 Sum: 7e7b86676f2624763e8ec647096b49d4)[/I]
    - start of daily builds

May 8, 2013 [I](MD5 Sum: af23a000563860f7cfabb66832b7a218)[/I]
    - daily build, no [B]huge[/B] changes to be noted

May 12, 2013 [I](MD5 Sum: 7e7536a5498b0d3b3a04bd761bc61ffc)[/I]
    - [B]camera/camcorder[/B] is now fixed

80.png

build: Official nightlies.
    gapps: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip - b7e53e96e1c8b1a1c4865bf29418c8e0

82.png

» Building AOKP for your Sprint HTC One

1. First, create file .repo/local_manifests/m7.xml with the following contents: https://gist.github.com/ProfessorAnomaly/5535939
    2. repo sync
    3. Next, remove the devices/htc/msm8960-common directory from the source. (You must do this every time you repo sync.)
    4. delete file: device/htc/m7-common/overlay/packages/apps/Settings/res/values/arrays.xml
    5. open device/htc/m7-common/overlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml, (line 86) find <integer name="config_deviceHardwareKeys">3</integer> and delete that line.
    6. Add this to vendor/aokp/products/https://gist.github.com/ProfessorAnomaly/5535996 (m7wls.mk).
    7. Finally, add the following lines to their respective files, https://gist.github.com/ProfessorAnomaly/5536027 & https://gist.github.com/ProfessorAnomaly/5536037
    8. Build as usual.

>> AOKP Gerrit
    >> AOKP on Github
    >> SOURCE on AOKP.co

79.png

The AOKP team greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.
    » Donation options on AOKP.co

-or-

>> Donate to me directly for my daily builds!

Enjoy!
    Camera is fixed and all changes from the main Cyanogenmod repos have been merged into the new build and recompiled.
    Sorry this build didn't come sooner, some stuff happened to come up over the weekend.

Check the OP for the download link, and don't forget to hit that Thanks! button. :highfive:
    Sorry for the lack of support as of late. Some things came up in the real world that prevented me from developing for a period of time. I am, however, glad to report I am back for the time being. Nightlies can be found (as others have mentioned) on the official AOKP site at this point, http://aokp.co/devices/m7spr.
    All the same bugs as Cyanogenmod. The big one for a lot of people right now is camera, which the team is hard at work on as we speak.
    Did anyone figure out what was going on with this ROM yet and why we can't install it?

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

at a quick glance through the rom zip it looks like the system/lib/modules folder isnt present, someone can try flashing the CM kernel and see if that gets it booting, as well as changing the system partiton in the updater script from 3 to 37.