**{ Help} ** Possible to offline install Android source?

Search This thread

Faiyaz5yaz

Jan 18, 2014
chennai
Hello everybody :)
Am from galaxy mini forum..
I have been using this website (heaven) for over a year..
I have rooted nearly 20-30 devices with the help of xda..
Now i myself want to do something for the members of xda..
°°~~I want to develop android from the source, but i don't have stable Internet connection, i tether my Mobile's net with laptop :(
Is it possible to offline install the android sources? °°~~
Help me..
Thanks in advance :)

HTCDreamOn

Jun 17, 2012
@Faiyaz5yaz What do you mean offline install? The sources are online so one way or other you're gonna have to get them off the web and onto your computer. The only other option is using a build server, if you have access to one. How unstable is your connection? when you sync the sources, you can stop it and start again from where you left off whenever you want, you don't have to do it in one go.

Reactions: Faiyaz5yaz

Faiyaz5yaz

Jan 18, 2014
chennai
@HTCDreamOn i mistyped it.. I mean i hav limited Internet connection.. I can't download 30+ gb source file.. Is it possible to port from my friends pc to mine? Syncing is not a prob i can do it

Sent from my GT-S5570 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

HTCDreamOn

Jun 17, 2012
@HTCDreamOn i mistyped it.. I mean i hav limited Internet connection.. I can't download 30+ gb source file.. Is it possible to port from my friends pc to mine? Syncing is not a prob i can do it

Well as I said you could still sync it in stages, although if you're limited to 500MB a month or something then it'll take years. You can only use a friends source if its the same device... Otherwise you could always copy it over, then create a new directory and use the repo init -reference command to use the existing files, then you'd have to download far less.

Faiyaz5yaz

Jan 18, 2014
chennai
Thanks for your reply Man :)
So , u mean that I can download source files for my galaxy mini on my friends PC and later just copy it ?

HTCDreamOn

Jun 17, 2012
So , u mean that I can download source files for my galaxy mini on my friends PC and later just copy it ?

Well you just sync all the sources into one directory, so if you're saying your friend doesn't mind downloading 10GB+ of stuff and you don't mind transferring 10GB of stuff over somehow, then yeah that should work fine.

Faiyaz5yaz

Jan 18, 2014
chennai
Yeah he will ..and I have a 32gb flash drive ..
That would b enough right?

Faiyaz5yaz

Jan 18, 2014
chennai
OK thank u so much man :)
Will get back to u in future..thanked all your comments:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @Faiyaz5yaz What do you mean offline install? The sources are online so one way or other you're gonna have to get them off the web and onto your computer. The only other option is using a build server, if you have access to one. How unstable is your connection? when you sync the sources, you can stop it and start again from where you left off whenever you want, you don't have to do it in one go.

Well as I said you could still sync it in stages, although if you're limited to 500MB a month or something then it'll take years. You can only use a friends source if its the same device... Otherwise you could always copy it over, then create a new directory and use the repo init -reference command to use the existing files, then you'd have to download far less.

Well you just sync all the sources into one directory, so if you're saying your friend doesn't mind downloading 10GB+ of stuff and you don't mind transferring 10GB of stuff over somehow, then yeah that should work fine.
    Yeah he will ..and I have a 32gb flash drive ..
    That would b enough right?

Yeah 32GB is plenty, but you'll need over 30GB free on your computer to build it.