CM builds and battery like?

Search This thread

esimon311

Mar 10, 2013
V-Town
Guys got a quick question. I usually run stock based roms. I've ran most of the CM builds for a little bit. Not really long enough to get a good idea about which CM Rom has the best battery life once the Rom settles in...I usually get impatient and flash back to my stock based custom, or stock modded Rom..
So that being said, I want to give a CM build a good run a week or so. But one of my main conversation is battery life. But I'd like to get some suggestions before I start flashing. As to avoid running several different roms..

Long story short what CM build would you suggest for battery life & why?:D
Thanks in advanced.

Mervingio

Mar 28, 2011
Elysium
OnePlus 7 Pro
Not sure if help but in my experience AOSP roms run long on battery but ever got little low more signal strength

Omni is another thing too good to be true but unfortunately no much love for us and e980

My all time love kang AOKP until 4.3 was king now with 4.4 no much love ?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Reactions: esimon311

machinistsWIP

Apr 17, 2013
Just flashed the latest CandyKat last night. About an hour of screen on time....this is only the first charge.
udyjy4ad.jpg

Reactions: esimon311

Neroga

Feb 7, 2012
Saint Cloud, Florida
Not sure if help but in my experience AOSP roms run long on battery but ever got little low more signal strength

Omni is another thing too good to be true but unfortunately no much love for us and e980

You aren't actually getting lower signal. Stock based ROMs falsely show better signal so the carrier can say they have more coverage. I could have 5 bars on stock while only have 2 on AOSP yet the dBms are exactly the same. AOSP shows you what you're actually getting.

Sent from my 4.4 Sphinx LG-E980

machinistsWIP

Apr 17, 2013
Did you use beanstalk ROM before?
If so, may I ask for your opinion what are the pros and cons compare to CandyKat? :)

I've used them all. Weighing pros and cons isn't something I want to do because they are all stellar and I appreciate all developer efforts. I will say that battery-wise, I'm pretty even across all ROMs in that I get about 3 hrs of screen on time no matter how long I'm off the charger. I must be pretty consistent in how I use my device, because that seems to hold since I flashed the madmack modem. And I'm actually on Beanstalk now. I flash nearly constantly because I love features of all ROMs and can't commit to just one :)

Mervingio

Mar 28, 2011
Elysium
OnePlus 7 Pro
You aren't actually getting lower signal. Stock based ROMs falsely show better signal so the carrier can say they have more coverage. I could have 5 bars on stock while only have 2 on AOSP yet the dBms are exactly the same. AOSP shows you what you're actually getting.

Not sure man on home I ever get full LTE bars stock or custom problem is out yeah I know my geographic are sucks but on my work only got one to no bar signal on custom on stock can see them like two bars and my work is a five min att central build sometimes got -65dBm ;)

machinistsWIP

Apr 17, 2013
Just for $h!t$ ad giggles, an update. This is latest Beanstalk, stock kernel, Interactive governor and deadline scheduler. Pretty sweet.
6azy4uhu.jpg
aqyte7es.jpg

robocopvn

Aug 9, 2012
Sai Gon
I've been using CM 11 M4 and M5 for the last 3 weeks and it's much better than the stock one. Just don't know why some time CM11 automatically switch the CPU frequency to 1.1ghz then switch back to 1.7ghz all the time :D

TikyPR

Apr 11, 2014
Just for $h!t$ ad giggles, an update. This is latest Beanstalk, stock kernel, Interactive governor and deadline scheduler. Pretty sweet.
6azy4uhu.jpg
aqyte7es.jpg

I had it on my but there was something consuming my battery really fast. Something called keyguardtest. Or something like that, aren't you experiencing the same drain in battery?

machinistsWIP

Apr 17, 2013
Never had that one. My battery life has actually improved from what I posted earlier, as the ROM has settled in nicely. Not sure about keyguardtest.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Just flashed the latest CandyKat last night. About an hour of screen on time....this is only the first charge.
    udyjy4ad.jpg