[Q] I think I'm in so much trouble.... Need help please!

Search This thread

KodoKevin123

May 30, 2015
Hey guys,
I dropped my HTC One M8 today, and now it has a crack in the screen.
Well, I wanted to go back to the store to get it replaced under warranty, but I needed to unroot & go back to stock first.
So at home I tried to go back to stock and stuff, but it just didn't work. That is where **** hit the fan.
Right now, I can't boot into Android, can't boot intro recovery. Everytime I start my phone it boots into FASTBOOT USB, and I have the following screen: *see attachment*

I really don't know what to do, I've been searching for serveral hours and my guess is I hard-bricked it...

Please, please tell me there is a way to make it boot into android again...?

Attachments

• IMG_20150530_213042.jpg
    IMG_20150530_213042.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 135

bbell101584

Dec 25, 2014
Hey guys,
Well, I wanted to go back to the store to get it replaced under warranty, but I needed to unroot & go back to stock first.
So at home I tried to go back to stock and stuff, but it just didn't work. That is where **** hit the fan.
Right now, I can't boot into Android, can't boot intro recovery. Everytime I start my phone it boots into FASTBOOT USB, and I have the following screen: *see attachment*

I really don't know what to do, I've been searching for serveral hours and my guess is I hard-bricked it...

Did you try to run a ruu? See if you can find a ruu for your device model and carrier you can run ruu.exe from a windows computer in fast boot USB mode

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hey guys,

Do you still have TWRP installed? Boot into recovery from your bootloader, and restore a backup. (You should have made one before you tried returning to stock)

bbell101584

Dec 25, 2014
I've tried to find the correct RUU, but everytime I get an error along these lines: 'Could not verify signature'
Where could I find a correct RUU?

I got the one I use from HTC website I'm on T-Mobile and it works just fine for me maybe try changing your cid to supercid then run ruu

Did you check the ruu thread in m8 general forum

KodoKevin123

May 30, 2015
I got the one I use from HTC website I'm on T-Mobile and it works just fine for me maybe try changing your cid to supercid then run ruu

Did you check the ruu thread in m8 general forum

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2701376 If you are talking about this thread, yes I checked it.

I downloaded several RUU's and they all say : 'MODEL-ID error, please download the correct RUU for your device'
I am going to try to change the CID to SuperCid but don't think it will work since I can't change my S-ON to S-OFF

bbell101584

Dec 25, 2014
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2701376 If you are talking about this thread, yes I checked it.

I downloaded several RUU's and they all say : 'MODEL-ID error, please download the correct RUU for your device'
I am going to try to change the CID to SuperCid but don't think it will work since I can't change my S-ON to S-OFF

Yea being s-on I don't think you can what is your cid and what carrier do you have maybe someone can modify one of the ruus to work with your cid cause it seems the ruu is checking your cid and it doesn't match for the ruu so it isn't working. Have you tried reflashing twrp and seeing if you can enter recovery again then maybe restore one of the backups from the backups thread. I don't know how much help I can actually be cause I'm just a flasher hopefully someone with more experience and knowledge can jump in and help you I'm just suggesting what I would do in your situation. I hope you get your phone booted again though

KodoKevin123

May 30, 2015
Omg i did it

I just started the whole process again of unlocking my bootloader and stuff, using the AOI Toolkit, and I am in the PhiliZ Touch CLockworkmod now ! Thank you all for helping me, I will carefully unroot now and bring my phone back

KodoKevin123

May 30, 2015
Yea being s-on I don't think you can what is your cid and what carrier do you have maybe someone can modify one of the ruus to work with your cid cause it seems the ruu is checking your cid and it doesn't match for the ruu so it isn't working. Have you tried reflashing twrp and seeing if you can enter recovery again then maybe restore one of the backups from the backups thread. I don't know how much help I can actually be cause I'm just a flasher hopefully someone with more experience and knowledge can jump in and help you I'm just suggesting what I would do in your situation. I hope you get your phone booted again though

I just got it working again, I am going to be so freaking carefull this time :S

bbell101584

Dec 25, 2014
First of all, he can't boot into system.
Second of all, everything you've mentioned needs S-Off. He is S-On.
Third of all, HTC US is different than other regions. Most of the other RUUs that have been made available are not found on HTC's websites. Most are leaked versions, I believe.
And no. It isn't in any RUU threads on XDA.

First of he got it fixed and booted again if you actually read the thread second of all why are you even quoting me coming at me like that with this bs as I replied in one of my posts I might be the best to help him but I was offering suggestions as no one else was helping him. Do me a favor and don't quote me no more bs like that when all I'm trying to do is help. Thank you for your unnecessary two cents

Reactions: Snello Karobos

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
First of he got it fixed and booted again if you actually read the thread second of all why are you even quoting me coming at me like that with this bs as I replied in one of my posts I might be the best to help him but I was offering suggestions as no one else was helping him. Do me a favor and don't quote me no more bs like that when all I'm trying to do is help. Thank you for your unnecessary two cents

I edited it as soon as I posted it and read ahead. I agree I should have read ahead first, but as far as nobody helping.....
Incorrect.
I started by helping him in another thread. I would have continued helping him here, but I had to go out to do real life stuff.
Anyway, the suggestions you gave wouldn't have worked.

bbell101584

Dec 25, 2014
I edited it as soon as I posted it and read ahead. I agree I should have read ahead first, but as far as nobody helping.....
Incorrect.
I started by helping him in another thread. I would have continued helping him here, but I had to go out to do real life stuff.

That's fine my suggestions wouldn't have worked but as I said I was just trying to offer help my suggestions wouldn't have harmed him any further either but posts like the one you quoted me on makes me not want to help or offer suggestions to no one else. I've posted some useful stuff on xda though. I'm not the most technology savvy person but sometimes I do have some useful information. Like I told him I might not be the best person to help. But there's no reason to attack me for trying to help

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
That's fine my suggestions wouldn't have worked but as I said I was just trying to offer help my suggestions wouldn't have harmed him any further either but posts like the one you quoted me on makes me not want to help or offer suggestions to no one else. I've posted some useful stuff on xda though. I'm not the most technology savvy person but sometimes I do have some useful information. Like I told him I might not be the best person to help. But there's no reason to attack me for trying to help

Oh. By no means did I mean to make you feel attacked.
I'm sorry if I came across that way. I was telling you that the suggestions wouldn't work and explaining why. No offense was intended whatsoever.

bbell101584

Dec 25, 2014
Oh. By no means did I mean to make you feel attacked.
I'm sorry if I came across that way. I was telling you that the suggestions wouldn't work and explaining why. No offense was intended whatsoever.

It's cool I'm already over it. I know there are alot more people on here smarter then me about this phone stuff. All I really know how to do is read search and flash. This is the first phone I've unlocked and rooted and stuff like that so all this is new to me anyway. So no problem man.

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
It's cool I'm already over it. I know there are alot more people on here smarter then me about this phone stuff. All I really know how to do is read search and flash. This is the first phone I've unlocked and rooted and stuff like that so all this is new to me anyway. So no problem man.

Chances are, I'm no smarter than you are. Read and search and learn. That's what we all do here.
And sharing knowledge is what this site is based on. Please continue to try to help others.
Just don't be offended if someone corrects you. I do agree that I could have done it in a more tactful manner though. I can see how my post might have come across as abrasive, but that was not intended.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cool. Glad you got it working again.
    First of all, he can't boot into system.
    Second of all, everything you've mentioned needs S-Off. He is S-On.
    Third of all, HTC US is different than other regions. Most of the other RUUs that have been made available are not found on HTC's websites. Most are leaked versions, I believe.
    And no. It isn't in any RUU threads on XDA.

Incorrect.
    Incorrect.