FarmValue - Facebook's Famville calculator (v1.1)

Search This thread

twolf

Mar 5, 2006
LX
twolf.sytes.net
FarmValue is a simple calculator for Facebook's FARMVILLE:
http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=102452128776
image1tx.jpg

It calculates the best crop for you to plant, by simply:
- Write down the number of hours or days of your next visit.
- It then shows you the best 3 crops for you to plant.
- When you press the one you choose, it asks you for you plantation size.
- It then calculates how much you are going to receive if you plant the hole field minus the plowing costs.

The data.txt on the side, helps for future updates, it uses this simple rule:
- Crops are separated by hours or days to harvest.
- The first value on the arrays is the name of the crop, then the market cost, then the sell price and finally the time it takes to grow.
- And finally the cost it takes to plow, in case they ever change it.

Needs Flash 7 to run!
Press ENTER anytime on the keypad to exit the app.

New version 1.1:
-------------------

- Fixed a bug that was messing up the re-ordering of days...
- Added ability to jump between hours and day when obvious.
- Simplyfied the txt database (just crop data now)

To do:
----------

- Add your XP points to make sure you can plant that.
- Better graphics.
- Fullscreen

Link to online version: http://farmvalue.sytes.net

Thats pretty much it.
Enjoy.
:)

Attachments

• farm_value_v1.1.zip
    245.3 KB · Views: 463
Last edited:

tonycool

May 1, 2007
Bucharest
:D

Any feedback for better usage?

My farm:
It`s working fine on Touch HD and without bugs... what I really expecting was the release with the "to do"you`ve listed in first post, to know what I can seed.

"love the farm. im level 31 tryin to buy the villa !!!"
Everybody play that game for the Villa :D

Last edited:

Frannyman

Apr 9, 2008
I want to continue development, but found little to none info on the level/crops relation...
:(
Yeah, right now is something like a "plant tomatozzz PLANT TOMAAAATOOOZZZZ TOMATOZZZ EVERYWHERE IM A GENIUS HAR HAR HAR" kind of application...

Don't get me wrong, I actually do find your app very cool. In order to help you a bit with this, I created a new Facebook account and gone though the work of getting the info you need to make your thingy even more useful.

LVL./Crop
1 Eggplant
1 Soybeans
1 Strawberries
1 Wheat
4 Squash
5 Pumpkin
6 Artichoke
7 Rice
8 Raspberries
9 Cotton
11 Bellpepper
12 Peppers
14 Aloe Vera
15 Pineapple
17 Blueberries
18 Watermelon
19 Grapes
20 Tomatoes
21 Potatoes
22 Carrots
23 Coffee
24 Corn
25 Sunflowers
27 Cabbage
28 Green Tea
29 Blackberries
30 Red Wheat
31 Sugar Cane
32 Peas
33 Yellow Mellon
34 Onion
35 Broccoli
37 Asparagus
?? Super Berries

Cheers! :D
I have this in excel, along with their respective profitabilities. I'm attaching it in case you find it easier to work with.

twolf

Mar 5, 2006
LX
twolf.sytes.net
Didnt knew it, but I had the ideia at first of saying that based on the phone current time and even adding a Windows Mobile task alarm to remind the user of that, but that just seemed too hardcore. hehehe

Frannyman

Apr 9, 2008
Didnt knew it, but I had the ideia at first of saying that based on the phone current time and even adding a Windows Mobile task alarm to remind the user of that, but that just seemed too hardcore. hehehe
aw give me a break, how much more hardcore could someone possibly get? lol If you are already in this, there's no getting cold feet now! lol

I think that's a pretty neat idea actually... Maybe just put it as an option? Having a small reminder would be nice.

magicalan

Jan 18, 2008
Google Pixel 6 Pro
OMG I just started the game on my facebook am gonna try this haha thanks twolf ur awesome like always...

Hey man i had a question
Did you study to do all this applications? whats the name of your carrier i wanna do what you do its awesome :)

just started the university :)

do i need to know alot of math?! :[

twolf

Mar 5, 2006
LX
twolf.sytes.net
Ok, I'll take some time on the weekend to see if this is duable, I think I can add it as a registry alarm or appointment, I just dont know how yet.

Magicalan, I was lucky enough to start with flash 4, by far the easiest version ever, and just got the hang of it.

I really just followed the inside tutorials and used a lot of examples out there to learn step by step, copy/paste can be a good learning tool. ;)

I cant say much about math, I was terrible at school and never did finished it properly. :rolleyes:

oldsap

Apr 4, 2006
oldsap.blogspot.com
is it possible to add an alarm for the mobile version?
example: i choose 1 day for the revisit and then have the app exit, but add a notification queue on my phone and it notifies me after a day that i have to harvest the plant :)