[KERNEL][CM7/OMFGB/MIUI]Immortality-CM[8/31]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Mr. Apocalypse

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 22, 2009
Houston, Tx
Yeah, i'm back, and this time i'm bringing Immortality-CM with me. Better performance, and maybe better battery life than its little froyo brother. As always:
I (NOR TEAM WHISKEY) WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR PHONE BEFORE, DURING, OR AFTER FLASHING THIS. PLEASE READ ALL NOTES AND WARNINGS, FOLLOW DIRECTIONS, MAKE A NANDROID, HAVE ODIN READY, AND FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Features:
Voodoo Sound v10
Voodoo Color
Safely boots to 1ghz
OCable to 1.4ghz
User configurable UV
BFQ scheduler(set to default)
Smartass governor option available
Full sound dock support
LIPPOL94's kernel cleaning script integrated into flash package
SetCPU's 400/100 screen off profile safe to use, but not recommended.

certifiedicon.png

NOTES:
1. The cleaning script is integrated into the flash package, so it will clean before the kernel actually flashes, once its done and you reboot, it will take a little while longer to reboot since the dalvik-cache is wiped.

2. It is safe to use a screen off profile with 400/100 setting, but i do not recommend it.

3. The splash screen is the same skull from my froyo kernel, but it has "CM" on it. If you dont like skulls or my splash in general, plz use another kernel. And NO, i won't change or make another version of it, so plz don't ask.

4. My beta tester, Skitz, has reported low quad scores with this. If you are a person concerned with benchmark scores, then this isnt for you. Quads don't make the kernel, the performance does.

5. I am running OMFGB so i know this will work on that and regular CM7, i hear that CM7 kernels also work on MIUI, but i have not personally tested it on it.

Known issues:
1. May hang on kernel splash for a while, if it exceeds more than 3 mins, pull battery and put it back in and boot normally.

2. You may have to re-enter Gmail credentials, i think this is because of the cleaning script, but i'll look into fixing it.

All my kernels will be hosted from Google Code, so you can download here

Credits:
My beautiful fiance
drhonk
ttabbal
Krylon360
ECOTOX
TeamHacksung
CyanogenMOD
supercurio
Skitz
romman
Lippol94
coolbho3k
xan
Anyone else i forgot, let me know.

Last edited:

lotherius

Jan 12, 2009
Houston, TX
Google Pixel 6
Yes, yes, but does it run on the HP Touchpad?

LOL, anyway... more kernel choices are always good. Thanks for properly sharing the source as well, if someone really wants to change the boot logo, that's a good way.

Mr. Apocalypse

Jul 22, 2009
Houston, Tx
Yes, yes, but does it run on the HP Touchpad?

LOL, anyway... more kernel choices are always good. Thanks for properly sharing the source as well, if someone really wants to change the boot logo, that's a good way.

the source on my google code page is for the froyo version of Immortality, if anyone wants the source of the CM version i'll get it to them

stevedrz

Dec 7, 2009
Can anyone explain why in Gingerbread, our phones only charge up to 4180's mvs and not 4240's as in froyo? I feel like my battery is not getting fully charged.... Is that a kernel thing?

stevedrz

Dec 7, 2009

No dice, same as all other gb kernels. it went as high as 4186 then dropped down a few mv, and charging completed. In froyo I'd get to 4240's.

Could it just be the way the mv is measured in froyo vs gingerbread, or maybe the calculation against it?
What does the Max 8998 do in the source code?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

Last edited:

cezzarmicu

Jan 6, 2010
Hi Mr. Apocalypse,

I'm on MIUI and I just flashed your kernel. Here's to hoping I do get better battery life :D It's the only downside I see with using MIUI but it's just simply a great ROM that I don't mind the battery that much anymore... but better battery life would be awesome :D

Thanks

Mr. Apocalypse

Jul 22, 2009
Houston, Tx
Hi Mr. Apocalypse,

I'm on MIUI and I just flashed your kernel. Here's to hoping I do get better battery life :D It's the only downside I see with using MIUI but it's just simply a great ROM that I don't mind the battery that much anymore... but better battery life would be awesome :D

Thanks

I don't know how good the battery will be on MIUI, but i'm on OMFGB and the battery is excellent

Xenoism

Oct 8, 2010
Chicago
I just switched over to immortality from glitch v12. So far, I am really impressed. Everything runs very smoothly and without any real lagging.

There is one thing however that is really really odd....when playing videos, when the video finishes buffering and is about to begin playing, I get the, "cannot play ths video" message, and it closes. As far as I know, this shouldn't have anything to do with your kernel...but videos worked fine before flashing over to immortality...so I'm stumped, any ideas?

Either way, great work. Top notch job, as always!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yeah, i'm back, and this time i'm bringing Immortality-CM with me. Better performance, and maybe better battery life than its little froyo brother. As always:
    I (NOR TEAM WHISKEY) WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR PHONE BEFORE, DURING, OR AFTER FLASHING THIS. PLEASE READ ALL NOTES AND WARNINGS, FOLLOW DIRECTIONS, MAKE A NANDROID, HAVE ODIN READY, AND FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Features:
    Voodoo Sound v10
    Voodoo Color
    Safely boots to 1ghz
    OCable to 1.4ghz
    User configurable UV
    BFQ scheduler(set to default)
    Smartass governor option available
    Full sound dock support
    LIPPOL94's kernel cleaning script integrated into flash package
    SetCPU's 400/100 screen off profile safe to use, but not recommended.

certifiedicon.png

NOTES:
    1. The cleaning script is integrated into the flash package, so it will clean before the kernel actually flashes, once its done and you reboot, it will take a little while longer to reboot since the dalvik-cache is wiped.

2. It is safe to use a screen off profile with 400/100 setting, but i do not recommend it.

3. The splash screen is the same skull from my froyo kernel, but it has "CM" on it. If you dont like skulls or my splash in general, plz use another kernel. And NO, i won't change or make another version of it, so plz don't ask.

4. My beta tester, Skitz, has reported low quad scores with this. If you are a person concerned with benchmark scores, then this isnt for you. Quads don't make the kernel, the performance does.

5. I am running OMFGB so i know this will work on that and regular CM7, i hear that CM7 kernels also work on MIUI, but i have not personally tested it on it.

Known issues:
    1. May hang on kernel splash for a while, if it exceeds more than 3 mins, pull battery and put it back in and boot normally.

2. You may have to re-enter Gmail credentials, i think this is because of the cleaning script, but i'll look into fixing it.

All my kernels will be hosted from Google Code, so you can download here

Credits:
    My beautiful fiance
    drhonk
    ttabbal
    Krylon360
    ECOTOX
    TeamHacksung
    CyanogenMOD
    supercurio
    Skitz
    romman
    Lippol94
    coolbho3k
    xan
    Anyone else i forgot, let me know.
    I tried using this today with latest nightly and got a bootloop. I tried it again using the kernel cleaning script first and got it again.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

This will not work with the latest nightly, i believe CM updated some stuff w/ their kernel. I've been busy with school, haven't been able to update it lately. I'll see about updating this weekend or next week.