[ROM][PORT] 3v1lut10n from Samsung GIO

Search This thread

arsalan11

Nov 12, 2011
Tehran
factory reset shouldn't be necessary but wipe cache and dalvik-cache makes sense. If you did a factory reset, did you flash the ROM again? And replaced the apps again? Not sure if I get you right here...

Swyped from my HTC Wildfire (Buzz)

no i have just replaced phone and contacts and then wiped wiped cache and factory reset and dalvik cache i didn't install rom again...it doesn't work:|

saadislam

May 28, 2010
Riyadh
no i have just replaced phone and contacts and then wiped wiped cache and factory reset and dalvik cache i didn't install rom again...it doesn't work:|

When replacing system apps with root explorer, you need to change permissions to rw-r--r-- and owner to root/root. Otherwise the replaced apks wont show up.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire

Reactions: eventcom

Pator57

Jun 11, 2012
Hi Pator57

Did you open a picture or photo within the gallery? As gallery will open and work but crashes when opening a picture or photo...

I don't use the stock gallery app.
You have to use quickpiq and change the stock camera apk.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium

Damag3

Feb 24, 2011
Ericeira
sociedade-anonima.com
Thanks Damag3..can you explain more?i replaced them by root explorer that you have used in the rom by default.first i deleted phone.apk and contacts.apk from system/app then i moved above apks to there and then restarted but now it can't find even my sim card so i can't use phone to test it:( do you think i have to wipe?i wiped to factory reset but nothing changed.

I use android commander to do that. The prog have diferent ways to install the apps. I used "install as system app". But fisrt I deleted the apps from ROM.

But dont install fow now, the phone works but you cant answer because the dimensions are wrong

arsalan11

Nov 12, 2011
Tehran
i changed the permissions to rw-r--r-- and wiped dalvik cache and wiped partition but it didn't fix finally i downloaded the updated rom and now it works fine.
about USB: as i know this rom is ported from galaxy gio and galaxy is for Samsung i think every Samsung smartphone like nexus s and others need Samsung kies to install specific USB Driver for connecting to computer do you think it needs a samsung kies or something like this to solve USB problem?

pantapanta1

Mar 8, 2011
I have flashed gapps for ICS but when i try to download from play store it gives me the error 491, i removed the account and then wiped the cache and dalvik cache and then added the google account again but it still does not work...

Pator57

Jun 11, 2012
Download your apk from an alternative playstore like aptoide :)

eventcom

Jan 13, 2012
I have flashed gapps for ICS but when i try to download from play store it gives me the error 491, i removed the account and then wiped the cache and dalvik cache and then added the google account again but it still does not work...
you should first clear the cache and data of Google Play Store and Google-Services-Framework in application management (manage applications -> tab "all"). That helps in most cases ;)

wakko

Sep 14, 2005
Timisoara
not sure what you mean - contacts will be synchronized automagically if you log into your google account again - so I assume something goes wrong with that?

I've logged into my google account, but my contacts didn't sincronize. In other roms was an application that allowed me to sincronize my saved phone contacts in Google with the phone.

eventcom

Jan 13, 2012
I've logged into my google account, but my contacts didn't sincronize. In other roms was an application that allowed me to sincronize my saved phone contacts in Google with the phone.
alright. Not sure about this ROM as I don't know it - but usually, If you're logged into your account, you have to go to settings / accounts and sync / and activate synchronization for contacts (obviously) ;)

Pator57

Jun 11, 2012
Uptate with working gallery ? And for the lockscreen bug we can use the one of aokp rom (rezised perfect )

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi TeamBuzz,

I`m not a dev but I make a port from Maclaw rom (cm_gio-ota-eng.maclaw.beta1) and its works almost 100%

Use CM7 to port from "samsung gio" rom.

Just change de camera.apk with a ISC camera to work, gallery2.apk to cm7 gallery.apk.

Fisrt time reboot gummybear stop working but just need to put a wallpaper to work or reboot

Windows dont recognize the driver but can charge the battery :oops:

I dont know more bugs............. :?

ALL CREDITS are for MACLAW
    http://maclaw.pl/

Download: http://teambuzz.sociedade-anonima.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=251&p=355#p355

_________________________________________ // ________________________________________​

New ROM Update 04-09-2012

phone.apk and contacts.apk FIXED

Working: Camera works but flash dont

Phone

Contacts

Bugs: USB

Can charge but dont recognize driver

Gallery​

Screenshots:
    screenshot2012090500175.jpg
    screenshot2012090500182.jpg
    screenshot2012090117035.png

Dont Forget to add a wallpaper to fix the strange pink screen :D

you must use contacts.apk alongside phone.apk or phone will not work.

alternative is to remove contacts.apk and replace with another dialer app etc etc.(phone.apk MUST remain)

"Robin Van PERFECT"
    Very fast and smooth....I liked that very much, actually i didnt expect that improvment.
    Can you fix the phone pleaaseee???? If you fix it this will be my daily driver....
    I've managed to get the phone with contacts working by replacing the phone.apk and the contacts.apk with the attached ones.
    I would however like to get the working camera.apk that works with the cm7.2 gallery.apk on this rom, I have tried replacing it with ics camera.apk and cm7.2 gallery.apk but the camera opens and crashes. gallery opens, but also crashes as it is dependant on the camera app..
    a Very nice and fast rom, the only bugs I have found so far : Gallery still doesn't work with the new update. Gallery will open but when you browse to a photo the photo will open and gallery will crash after a second or two with error "Camera stopped working" note this is with the functional camera.apk. I also tested this in the new update that was posted.
    When installing google apps package the store doesn't work unless you replace the play store apk with a ics one.
    Otherwise, it is the fastest ics rom around!:)
    just my two cents.;)