Bootloop on Galaxy S III

Search This thread

Fanaticism

May 2, 2014
Rome
Hi,
I am new to this forum, but I have solved many of my issues thanks to xda in the past, but now it's time to beg for your direct help.
I have recently rooted my phone, and today I was changing some system fonts (with ROM Toolbox Pro), rebooted the device (app asked me if I wanted to reboot now or wait) and then my phone was stuck in the post-bootanimation screen (gif). I can go to recovery (already tried to delete cache partition and reboot) and to download mode. It is very important for me to save the data on the phone. How can I get back to use my phone without losing my data? I thought I could flash some custom recovery and do some backup (this is only one of my wretched ideas, probably I'm wrong and it isn't possible).
Stock rom (touchwiz). Android 4.3 build MK6. I don't have a custom recovery.
Thank you.

EDIT: Moreover, when I pull out the battery (only way to power off) and put it back in, it automatically boots up (I don't need hold the power button as usual).

Last edited:

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Flash philz recovery then use aroma file manager to save data to external sd.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fanaticism

Fanaticism

May 2, 2014
Rome
Is there any other way to fix this bootloop or to backup my data without installing Philz (the guide says to have a backup before installing the custom recovery, and I can't create one)?
Thank you.

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
No, the guide is giving good advice but no use in your case -you should have done a backup before you flashed.

coolhof

Is there any other way to fix this bootloop or to backup my data without installing Philz (the guide says to have a backup before installing the custom recovery, and I can't create one)?
Thank you.

You made to many treats about the same thing.
It looks like you are spamming the treats.
Look at this where I also answered your question.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2738849

Send From A Devil3 - f2fs - Dualboot Jb4.3/cm11 Powered Machine

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flash philz recovery then use aroma file manager to save data to external sd.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk