Working WM 6.1 - UPDATE! 13/04/2008

Search This thread

Alcaline

Dec 26, 2007
Could you please make a version without any modifications to UI (without anything removed including "stupid stuff" like Welcome links, etc, and without any custom stuff added (like pics, additional apps))? It's not a Tornado with 64mb rom!
And does 3G calling work with this rom?

Take the rom as it is.. If you dont like it, learn to make your own?
Nothing is added that should slow down your device more than a standard WM 6.1

Alcaline

Dec 26, 2007
I can see that the file eT9.Wings.0414.kmap.txt is in the ROM, that is for Norwegian but it is the same as for Swedish.
I tried to change some registry settings but I got very strange problems when trying to enter PIN, it types strange chars every time.
The registry entries I changed were these, and they didn’t work.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\keyboard layout\Preload]
"Default"="e0010414"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\keyboard layout\Preload\1]
"Default"="e0010414"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Oem\Qwerty]
"Layout"="132116"

Any tip on how to change the keyboard layout in this ROM to the one eT9.Wings.0414.kmap.txt?

/Chrille

You have edited the wrong registry keys, set them back to normal

The only key you have to edit is
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Tegic\eT9\IME\Keyboard LayouDlls]

Change the value of: "000007FF" to eT9.Wings.0414.kmap.txt

Alcaline

Dec 26, 2007
Guys, I just want to report that everything works great so far with latest release (1.4). The only thing is left, I still can not delete any file from lets say Windows folder using MobileExplorer (enitre Edit menu is grayed out), while this was possible with factory image. For example, StartUp menu folder contents can not be deleted. Maybe its just a security feature in WM6.1

Aha, this could be because I have moved the files around they all get writeprotected... hmm...

Alcaline

Dec 26, 2007
This won't do it as the Wings keyboard layout differs slightly from the Vox keyboard layout... thanks for the help anyway !

I should have saved the files from my original wings rom, stupid I am...

I cant see anything wrong with the format in the file wetete posted?
Should work as far as I can see.. have you tried?

zebra333

Sep 7, 2007
Re : Azerty keyboard mapping

I just tried and as soon as i changed the relevant registry keys to the french keyboard mapping file previously posted here the phone started to act randomly as soon as i slide the keyboard out and press some keys.

Just got back to the qwerty keyboard mapping within the registry and everything's got back to normal.

I'm quite of a newbie here so i guess i wont take any more risk of blocking my phone for some reason and wait for someone who can just copy the exact file they can find on their wings original rom.

And if not, no big deal, it's only 4 keys which have their position swapped after all (A and Q swwaped / Z and W swapped - everything else is just the same)

Thanks for the help anyway

buzzard

Jul 16, 2006
Houston, Texas
WM6.1

Can this rev be loaded by saving it to a mem card and accessing the boot sequence?
I have tried addiding it to a loader program but that failed with a comm error. When I go to the boot loader mode the loader seems to skip over looking into the mem card for the .nbh file.

mahsidi

Apr 29, 2007
This is really doing my nut in, it wont let me download from rapishare, any other links, i been at this for 30mins... You the man Alcaline :)

thanks in advance

zebra333

Sep 7, 2007
Azerty keyboard mapping

Ok, I looked into this azerty keyboard mapping a bit further and indeed the file posted by wetete is the good one.

The problem is that i tried to copy it and create a text file it doesn't worked.

Then I edited another language keyboard mapping file according to the text posted by wetete and its been worse : the keys acted then so randomly I had to hard reset my phone, being unable to get back to my original settings.

>>> wetete : can you please attach the file included in your phone within a post so I can have the original, unadultered file ?

I'm sure that other french speaking people that wants to get this rom for their wings will appreciate as well...

Thanks for your help

bigflavor

Jan 15, 2007
nyc
Can't wait for this to be for sure stable. Great job!!!!11

Anyone know if 6.1 standard supports auto complete?

ridefort

Feb 2, 2008
Thanks for a great ROM
I have been waiting for this for weeks.
So far everything works for me, from wifi to media player and picture viewer.
Not tried video calls yet, but i'm sure to try soon.

The only thing I have not managed to get to work is the Norwegian keyboard, then again I have not tried that much. I'm sure I'm just missing something simple.

Looking forward to see future builds of this ROM

Once more ... thank you!

chrilleberg

Mar 13, 2007
Thanks for a great ROM
I have been waiting for this for weeks.
So far everything works for me, from wifi to media player and picture viewer.
Not tried video calls yet, but i'm sure to try soon.

The only thing I have not managed to get to work is the Norwegian keyboard, then again I have not tried that much. I'm sure I'm just missing something simple.

Looking forward to see future builds of this ROM

Once more ... thank you!
See post #82 in this thread. Alcaline helped me with configuring it with Swedish which uses the same keyboard layout as Norwegian. It works great :)

Big thanks to you Alcaline.

Last edited:

mahsidi

Apr 29, 2007
wm 6.1 download

Hi guys can anyone update\send me the rom file. It wont let me download from rapidshare.

wetete

Apr 4, 2006
Ok, I looked into this azerty keyboard mapping a bit further and indeed the file posted by wetete is the good one.

The problem is that i tried to copy it and create a text file it doesn't worked.

Then I edited another language keyboard mapping file according to the text posted by wetete and its been worse : the keys acted then so randomly I had to hard reset my phone, being unable to get back to my original settings.

>>> wetete : can you please attach the file included in your phone within a post so I can have the original, unadultered file ?

I'm sure that other french speaking people that wants to get this rom for their wings will appreciate as well...

Thanks for your help

Avec plaisir... Here we go:

Attachments

• eT9.Vox.040C.kmap.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 42

bigflavor

Jan 15, 2007
nyc
Any chance someone can post some screen shots from the HTC home screen, or does it look exactly the same?

Thanks!

zebra333

Sep 7, 2007
Azerty keyboard mapping : SOLVED

wetete : Azerty keyboard mapping works perfectly with your file, thanks !

Top Liked Posts