Official Samsung Batterypack (Case) available! EBB-U10

Search This thread

dakine

Nov 13, 2006
You are looking through the antenna hole at the camera hole.

Now how does that thing actually connect to the battery contacts?

Last edited:

Piny12

May 5, 2008
It doesnt connect directly to the battery contacts. Its charging the phone via usb like an ac adaptor!

Piny12

May 5, 2008
Most likely the Battery Pack will have a microUSB slot to get charged and connecting to a pc.

Ancient_One

Jul 20, 2010
Sydney
It's ashame they didn't go as far as to place it at the bottom to allow for docking vertically.

I guess on the side gan work for us if we can get docks with support this change.

I'm liking it all the more.

ConceptVBS

Jun 28, 2010
The little tab on the upper left corner is where the micro-use interfaces with the battery case.

This is a much better solution than the god awful third party MEGA battery replacement.

kizer

Mar 31, 2009
www.links4jeeps.com
Probably months after they finally get the rest of the shown items like the Desk doc and car dock that has been listed on their website. :D

I'd like to buy all 3 if/when they ever come out.

The.Opethian

Nov 9, 2008
London
www.opethian.com
Now imagine if they included a gyroscope within the battery pack, also that shake and charge technology. Now what if they do an Apple and claim that there is an antenna issue and give this out for free?!

Regardless of what happens, I will be looking forward to attaching one of these to my device. But wait! What about my lovely orange mesh case...

LostAlone

Jul 15, 2010
Hope this comes with a belt clip attached. If so then you can sign me up for one. If not then I'll have to pass.

Maybe I'm weird, I don't like having my device in my pocket rubbing up against keys and lighters and such. Needs to be clipped somewhere safe, and that goes double with a charger since it needs to be in the case for a long time.

I'm still wishing that samsung had put charging points on like blackberries have, leading to elegant CM Fuel style charges and charging pods. *sigh*

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

snapper.fishes

Aug 7, 2010
Hong Kong
Don't want a belt clip attachment. They always make the case unnecessarily thick even if you remove the clip.

That said, I probably won't buy this anyway. That kick stand case in the other thread looks far more delicious...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Samsung I9000 Galaxy S is one of the most powerful mobile phones on the market. To use this power to move even more comprehensive, it is with the Power Pack EBB-U10 perfectly matching battery extension. The Samsung I9000 Galaxy S is there simply implanted "and already it has enough power for up to an additional 8.5 hours of talk time or up to 500 hours standby. The testers are, moreover, agreed by the Bank: The Samsung I9000 Galaxy S is found in the top rankings ever before and need no other phone to hide. Example is the good test results with CHIP, and connect online kosten.de.

The google translation starts of fine... it gets all crazy at the end lol. Cool though, not exactly sure how it works...
    I have the Power Pack.

My Power pack just came in...
    There is a extra button on it but it does not drive the camera as was suggested in an earlier post.

The button is to turn on or off charging the battery.
    And the Led's are to see how full the power pack still is.
    Its a 1500 mAh battery that's in the power pack.
    nente002, mind write a review here?
    1. the performance? How long it last (on your unit, not a benchmark, but just to know)?
    2. How long it takes from zero to fully charged?
    3. Build Quality?

4. When you plug in this unit on your (not fully charged) SGS,
    a. does SGS show a "charging battery animation"?
    b. or it give you total brand new average battery life?

5. Which battery run flat first?
    a. The EBB-U10?
    b. The SGS?
    c. both run flat together?

6. Do you need to remove EbB-U10 in order to charge the original SGS battery? or you can do it with it attached on SGS?
    and mind I know how did you get that?

Thank in advance!

1 My battery normally lasts for about a day or two, depending on usage. the EBB-U10 does not change that how ever it allows to recharge the sgs.
    And I'll answer question 5 now as well I get about 1,2 times the normal life.

2 I did not wait till my battery was completely empty, I turned on the EBB-U10 at about 18% and it was fully charged in about 3 hours. The EBB using the normal SGS power adapter takes about 3-4 hours to charge.

3 Feels solid, the power pack has a rubber feel to it.
    The EBB-U10 is almost as heavy as the sgs it self (did not put it on a scale just a feel..)

4 a it show a charging animation as if plugged in.
    b its basically a wireless charging unit so no change if you look at predicted uptime.

5 They both are 1500 mAh so power pack runns out of juice after 1 full charge.
    But sins I never wait till my battery is at 0% but charge at 10 or 20% I got about 1,3 charge out of it..
    The good thing is before the power pack and the phone both run out I was able to disconnect the power pack and plug it into a wall outlet so while that was charging I was back on the move and got back to the hotel later that evening and connected the pack back to the phone.
    The next day the battery of the sgs was getting low and I turned the EBB back on and the charging Icon appeared a-viola three hours later Plong.. disconnect charger message appaired and I turned the pack off. (now if I look at the power left in the EBB it shows two out of three LEDS.)
    So if you are able to get to a wall outlet or other power source within 2 times normal use then like I did disconnect the EBB from the sgs let the EBB charge.. when Full and you have the chance to pick the EBB up you are never without your SGS like a extra battery without the hassle of turning the sgs off remove the battery and boot back up again...Up 24/7..

6 You can charge the sgs if you turn the power pack off like normal, so you don't have to remove the power pack you use the EBB's Micro USB connector.
    Also the normal USB function works when you connect the sgs to a pc via the EBB.

"and mind I know how did you get that?" you mean where?
    From this site http://www.pdashop.nl/ but I think they don't ship outside holland.
    If this is not what you mean please refrase the question?

And a pleasure to have given you an answer! Glad to contribute!:)
    sure.. I've attached the image... it's a 5.55Wh battery at 3.7V
    5.55/3.7 = 1.5Ah = 1500mAh
    as far as charging goes.. i use a 1200mA nokia charger.. so 600 is pretty slow..
    Everyone else got the same on theirs?
    I'll do some experimenting too, see what happens
    Ok just gave it a try out.. got 70% charge from it while l was listening to music on bluetooth.. so quite plausibly could get a full charge if it were off..