[ROM] [TW] [4.1.2] NOT NOW v3 FINAL GB27 installed with Aroma 8/5/14

Search This thread

stangdriver44

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 16, 2006
Cali
Just checking in...

Been a little while since I've checked in here. Are people running TW anymore or has everything shifted to AOSP? Hope all is well in my old community. If anyone has moved on to the S5 be sure and check my "OZOP" One Zip One Place ROM and Theme Builder including Missing Link. If your not in Tmo just skip the ROM installation part. Most options including the theme section are built for universal compatability. I even have some sections specifically for Sprint users.

IamFlynn

Jul 20, 2012
adf.ly
Been a little while since I've checked in here. Are people running TW anymore or has everything shifted to AOSP? Hope all is well in my old community. If anyone has moved on to the S5 be sure and check my "OZOP" One Zip One Place ROM and Theme Builder including Missing Link. If your not in Tmo just skip the ROM installation part. Most options including the theme section are built for universal compatability. I even have some sections specifically for Sprint users.

A lot of people are now on CM12 if not, on stock rooted tw. I personally just moved onto the Sprint LG G3

Reactions: stangdriver44

555rt

Mar 31, 2013

We still have the good old E4gt in the family, 3 on Project-X along with your missing link, also 1 with Liquid Smooth. My DD though, is an S3 running Wicked S5.

Reactions: bilgerryan

stangdriver44

Nov 16, 2006
Cali
We still have the good old E4gt in the family, 3 on Project-X along with your missing link, also 1 with Liquid Smooth. My DD though, is an S3 running Wicked S5.

Very cool! Glad to hear people are still finding their Missing Link!! I've also noticed Project-X by @bilgerryan is running strong as I suspected for the S3 users! I'm sure we'll see great thing come from him for Android 5 as well!

Reactions: bilgerryan

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Yeah I'm thinking my next device might be the Nexus 5, it would be nice to have an unlocked pure Google phone. The N6 is still too expensive for me... if not it'll be the S5 or Note 3.

ZkAaTbh.jpg

My ROMs: Wicked X & Wicked S5 Xperience

Last edited:
Reactions: stangdriver44

stangdriver44

Nov 16, 2006
Cali
Yeah I'm thinking my next device might be the Nexus 5, it would be nice to have an unlocked pure Google phone. The N6 is still too expensive for me... if not it'll be the S5 or Note 3.

ZkAaTbh.jpg

My ROMs: Wicked X & Wicked S5 Xperience

Honestly I agree and have considered a Nexus device for that reason. Although I would love to have you over here in S5 world! @tdunham and @rompnit have worked together to build what I am extremely jealous of one of the best ROM I've seen and it only for Sprint, MOAR

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] [TW] 4.1.2 GB27 Stock Based installed with Aroma running my own Utility Script
    This is a completely stock ROM Debloated, Deodex and has had most the system apps moved to "preload" for space saving. I wrote the Aroma Installer Script with the intention of coming back even after you flash the ROM, any ROM really. You can install certain things with the initial install or play around for a bit the run the installer again if you're not happy with the way things are going. It's all up to you. That's why I have based this off a completely Stock ROM.

THE GOODS
    *The Aroma script is the key to this ROM This is a first version with more to come.
    The script is similar to my "Missing Link" mod in which you can pick just one or as many options as you like with the options having choices to make this ROM your own!!!
    The options available right now are;
    *Backup your current settings, contacts, text messages, accounts and more. This backup is restorable in recovery so your phone setup will not be needed after flashing the new ROM. This saves the hassle of fixing your sound setting, display setting and so on...
    *Wipe options available right now are just plane going dirty no wipe, Cache and Dalvik Cache, the JB 2x's wipe and Media Wipe(w.i.p.) That wipes the folders the build up and don't get wiped (DCIM thumbnails etc...)
    *Install ROM,
    *Debloat options are; Kobridge's JB 2.4 option and the extreme version I use
    then you can start customizing and making this what you want. You will have
    *Launchers -
    *camera,
    *gapps,
    *some key apps to help with battery life and performance.
    *MODs included right now are
    *GB27 AIO Mod V4.5 by Tdunham
    *Jellyverse Phone Mod thanks Shadowgod
    *Modded Stock Mms
    *Build.prop tweaks
    *Quick transitions
    AUDIO MODS
    *ViPER4ANDROID
    *Xplosion Audio by bilgerryan
    This audio mod combines my previous audio mod with the additions I have added to Project X for an unparalleled Xplosion of sound from your Android device. XLoud, ClearAudio+, Viper4Android, and my own additions combine seemlessly together to give you the most and loudest sound without distortion (YMMV, every device is different). All fit into a 3 MB package.

Features:
    -Sony XLoud and ClearAudio+
    -Bravia Engine 3
    -modified audio_effects.conf and audio_policy.conf
    -surround sound added to system/etc
    -other Sony files, permissions, and framework
    -Viper4Android Equalizer and Sound Enhancement
    -Viper4Android xHiFi
    Correct driver for Galaxy S2/S3/S4 is CortexA9/15 with Neon, other devices you will have to research

*Beats Audio - This installs Beats audio and EQ. Easy to use and upgrade from stock, but no where near the boost you ge fro ViPER or Xplosion!!!
    *options to remove Beats or Xplosion Audio
    *Kernel Installer option include Stock or AGATS 1.3.0 or 1.4.2f
    *Restore Options. Now you can restore the backup you made of your settings etc..
    *Complete ROM theme options (this version includes a full version of Missing Link)

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS :
    ALWAYS make a NANDROID Backup!!!
    Download the ROM
    Flash from recovery (any recovery should work just fine) I used AGAT 1.4.2f and 1.3.0
    GO through the options and let the app reboot for you.
    If something doesn't work or it didn't flash something you chose, run it again and save the install log at the end. Please let me know of the situation too.

IF YOU HAVE BOOTLOOP
    If you do encounter any bootlooping issue from picking options that don't play nice with each other( which I have running EVERY COMBINATION POSSIBLE, including ones that I know won't play together)
    *Step 1: get back to recovery ( AGAT 3.0 installs by default to keep recovery options available)
    you may or may not see a warning telling you that your system is read only, don't worry I wrote a fail safe script to get you back,
    *Step 2: simply choose "Wipe Options" and wipe caches only
    *Step 3: now choose "MODS" and "Fix Permissions"
    *Step 4: Reboot and let cache build and rom settle before returning to flash more
    those step have saved me from my bootloops while testing!! if that doesn't work for you let me know what does and we can share with everyone else. Thanks

CHANGELOG:
    v3 FINAL
    *added full version of Missing Link (updated with more options) for theming
    *changed some of the installer script around for more user friendly use

v2
    *Pretty much a new Aroma script to include more options including "Missing Link" like theming options with previews from inside the installer
    *added more complete Setting backup that with backup and restore Call Logs, text messages and Bluetooth pairings
    *updated the apps offered to the most current versions available
    *added Comadose thanks @Goddly and other tweaks to save battery and or speed things up
    *the theme options include an all new Not Now exclusive "Chrome Theme" and 3 other complete themes or you can choose Build-a-Theme and go through more individual options with a preview button available to those who want to see(remember to uncheck the box if you want to move on). This make so many options for the look and feel of "your" rom!!

old changelogs
    v1 initial release

Thanks to
    all of XDA's members for this awesome site and help keeping things going!!
    @tdunham for his endless knowledge and awesome mods making this device what it is today!!
    @bilgerryan for all his help in this community, for his work on Project X and the E4GT One Stop Jelly Bean Shop
    @kobridge for his contributions with the Stock Base GB27 I used for this ROM and the Silent Camera Mod

MORE THANKS TO COME AND MORE TO THE OP as I get to it. THANKS ALL

DOWNLOADS -

old downloads
    This Section will be for Theme previews from the ROM installer and more info for mods and extras

Here we go with small sample of whats included with this rom (of course you have preview options during the install too)

*******************PRESS "CLICK TO SHOW CONTENT" FROM THE BELOW TO PREVIEW THE MISSING LINK CHOICES***************

***Dailer Backgrounds***
    7yv4.jpg

***Signal Bars, Data Arrows and Icons and Android Backgrounds***
    jmha.jpg

***Animated Pulldown Bar***

Blue
    tdx.gif

Chrome Wheel
    ds8s.gif

Google Project
    q1v.gif

Google Project v2
    gb0r.gif

Missing Link v2

0dyy.gif

Pac-Man_v2

***FRAMEWORK THEMES***
    Black Magnum
    6t8a.png

Green
    6dhp.png

*****BOOT ANIMATIONS*****

Blue Plasma
    j1j.gif

Motorcycles Collide
    tk36.gif

D.N.A.
    cir.gif

Blown Away
    hha6.gif

Blue Helix
    pbf.gif

Omega
    e3z.gif

Zoom World

Van Gogh

I use too much "unlimited" data, being terminated by Sprint

Well people, it is looking like this next update could be final for this phone. Sprint has decided terminate ny service for using too much unlimited data!
    I'm going to contact them today to see what I can do to stop this. I have to say this has been a great community to be a part of this past 18 months. Thank you all for the support and patience.
    How is everything over here? any suggestions of questions? I've been very busy with trying to put all my ideas into this ROM without forgetting what I wanted, while hoping the ROM doesn't implode!!

Anyways my androidfilehost account has been upgraded and will bee posting links as they become available.

check to bottom of the OP for Not Now v1.1 I uploaded a couple days ago. There is more coming very soon.
    You'll have to disable the buttons in the keylayout and enable the navbar with a build prop edit. There is a tutorial here for it, just do a search for phantom menu button press. I found the default navbar size to be too big, so I used APK multi-tool to edit the systemui.apk.