it work on tzone for $5.99.(confirmed)

Search This thread

s6a6n6d6m6a6n

Feb 12, 2010
Beverly Hills, CA
***** t zones on HTC myTouch 4g ??????

I have had the t-mobile t-zones $5.99 plan for over 4 years, now grandfathered, but it works flawlessly on my HTC Touch Pro 2. No issues there. That phone however is only 3g.
I live in an area with full 4g spectrum and would surely like to make use of that.

With that said, i bought a non-contract HTC myTouch 4g.
After popping in my SIM, the web browser forwards me to an upsell page, where it asks me to upgrade my plan to a $30 android plan.

Now, times are tough and the gold is scarce so i'm definitely not looking to get a $25 jump in my plan, times two (for my wife too) total $50/mo more... for something that we already have for years.

I've tried various settings for APN that i could find from some forums but everything leads me back to the upsell page.
epc, wap, internet1, internet2 ... etc..

Interestingly I had tested this out on a friends phone a few months ago before buying my own, (myTouch 4G) using my SIM and it gave me an awesome throughput of close to 7megs down.

T-mo tech support said it'll not work with the $5.99 tzones as the android phone accesses the data in a different way! baloney!

Please point me in the right direction...
Has anyone made this work ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Vik

NardVa

Mar 20, 2011
I have had the t-mobile t-zones $5.99 plan for over 4 years, now grandfathered, but it works flawlessly on my HTC Touch Pro 2. No issues there. That phone however is only 3g.
I live in an area with full 4g spectrum and would surely like to make use of that.

With that said, i bought a non-contract HTC myTouch 4g.
After popping in my SIM, the web browser forwards me to an upsell page, where it asks me to upgrade my plan to a $30 android plan.

Now, times are tough and the gold is scarce so i'm definitely not looking to get a $25 jump in my plan, times two (for my wife too) total $50/mo more... for something that we already have for years.

I've tried various settings for APN that i could find from some forums but everything leads me back to the upsell page.
epc, wap, internet1, internet2 ... etc..

Interestingly I had tested this out on a friends phone a few months ago before buying my own, (myTouch 4G) using my SIM and it gave me an awesome throughput of close to 7megs down.

T-mo tech support said it'll not work with the $5.99 tzones as the android phone accesses the data in a different way! baloney!

Please point me in the right direction...
Has anyone made this work ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Vik

MyTouch 4G will not work with Tzones not matter what you do. Tmobile blocks the Imei number on the phones they sale.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    just got home from work tonight and I try put sim card in it and tzone plan it work on incredible s :D very nice phone.but I can't confirmed for 3g because the place where I live no 3g network:(