[Q] Unrecognized Device only in hboot/fastboot

Search This thread

tnkplus

Jan 10, 2011
Confirm working in Windows 7 32 Bit

Let me say beforehand that I am a lifetime lurker. I would not be posting here if I hadn't already spent at least two days scouring the web for an answer.

My HTC Desire HD cannot connect to HTC Sync, but it can connect as a storage device, and can be seen by adb. Whenever it connects while in hboot/fastboot, it will flicker "USB" a few times before Windows tell me it's not recognized (Device failed enumeration code 43). This includes using the RUU wizard from HTC. That will just make it stick on "RUU" in the bootloader.

I have tried every driver download suggested on this site. I have switched USB cables three times (all htc cables). I have used two seperate computers (Windows 8 and Windows 8.1).

I'll admit I'm a nooby specifically to Androids. All I want to do is flash new ROMs/root my device. As far as I know this is step one, and I can't go any further until I've unlocked my bootloader.

EDIT: SOLVED
HTC Desire HD drivers really hates Windows 8 and 8.1. Installed Windows 7 32-bit and it worked just fine.

Tried so many ways in Windows 10. Finally gave up and Install Windows 7 32 bit and one shot it is working. Thanks for sharing. Huge time saving advice for me :good::D

HTC Desire HD A9191 (Ace) Gingerbread stock ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Let me say beforehand that I am a lifetime lurker. I would not be posting here if I hadn't already spent at least two days scouring the web for an answer.

My HTC Desire HD cannot connect to HTC Sync, but it can connect as a storage device, and can be seen by adb. Whenever it connects while in hboot/fastboot, it will flicker "USB" a few times before Windows tell me it's not recognized (Device failed enumeration code 43). This includes using the RUU wizard from HTC. That will just make it stick on "RUU" in the bootloader.

I have tried every driver download suggested on this site. I have switched USB cables three times (all htc cables). I have used two seperate computers (Windows 8 and Windows 8.1).

I'll admit I'm a nooby specifically to Androids. All I want to do is flash new ROMs/root my device. As far as I know this is step one, and I can't go any further until I've unlocked my bootloader.

EDIT: SOLVED
    HTC Desire HD drivers really hates Windows 8 and 8.1. Installed Windows 7 32-bit and it worked just fine.
    I have those drivers. I installed them manually. I tried the updating the drivers through device manager and pointing them directly to the drivers folder I need, and Windows is insistent that not having ANY drivers installed is the best driver to have installed for my device. :(

I am getting a pop up saying that the device is failing to to start. It's not like other usb devices I might have plugged in and they just sit there in at least their correct category in device manager.

The part that ticks me off most, is that this exact problem on this exact model has been solved on three different forums, and each time the OP just said "nvm I fixed it" and never even bothered to explain how for the rest of us.

It's really hard not to curse right now.
    Try this, I know its from Samsung, but this installs fastboot drivers and drivers used for ADB access
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vqfuv8fifmrkkxt/SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.zip
    For the set of Google Drivers, go here too http://d-h.st/23V