[ROM|WWE][WM6.5|21916] DarkManROM v1.10 [08.05.2011]

Search This thread

DillonDarko

Jun 20, 2009
All HardSPL versions available for the X1 are supported, but I still recommend using the latest version (0.78).

I need some beta testers for the upcoming build. If you want to test them, please PM me.

Reactions: turnstar

turnstar

Jan 14, 2009
Been a while since I've tried a new ROM, Energy was working well for me for a while and it had all the features I needed, but it seems like its getting more and more unstable with each release (possibly because NRG doesn't own an X1?) Started shopping around last night and saw this and had to try it out. My First impressions were good, Its faster and so far more stable than what I'm used to and I'm liking my first experience with SPB so far as well.

The only issues I'm having so far is i cant connect to Facebook thru the phone favorites page in SPB (I'm using wi-fi no data plan atm I don't know if that could be the problem or not) It's not a huge issue, I just like being able to load peoples profile pics to fill in the favorites page, I don't really use Facebook for anything else, and obviously the battery icon issue but that's known already.

Overall I am quite happy with what I have seen, the only features I can request is that your next version come with PIM Backup cooked in, although adding it myself is not even slightly challenging, its just nice to have fewer things to do when I flash, and the lock screen is nice, but having an option to have the phone lock by quick pressing the power button rather than having to go into the start menu would be nice too.

I would be interested in doing some Beta testing for you if your still looking for testers, I like where this is going so far and would like to help out if I can.

Great work, looking forward to trying the next (or first rather) update.

Last edited:

ramhead

Feb 21, 2011
Is it possible to change image when booting phone? I dont like this one.

Rom is nice what ive now tested. And good there is pre installed opera and office mobile.

edit. HOW to get ä, ö and å working? I have skandinavian keyboard which have those, I need them.

Last edited:

turnstar

Jan 14, 2009
edit. HOW to get ä, ö and å working? I have skandinavian keyboard which have those, I need them.

On the onscreen keyboard the second button from the left at the bottom switches it to display those characters. If your using the physical keyboard the same button for this purpose doesn't seem to do anything, but if you press the sym button it pulls up the onscreen kb in landscape and you can press the same button on the lower left to get to where your goin.

Last edited:

DillonDarko

Jun 20, 2009
The only issues I'm having so far is i cant connect to Facebook thru the phone favorites page in SPB (...)

the only features I can request is that your next version come with PIM Backup cooked in. (...)

and the lock screen is nice, but having an option to have the phone lock by quick pressing the power button rather than having to go into the start menu would be nice too.
As far as I know SPB doesn't have this feature. You may prove me wrong, though. PIM Backup and an auto-lock feature will be cooked in the next release.
Finnish language support?

Is it possible to change image when booting phone?

It should have Finnish language support. You can change the startup image by replacing the file "welcomehead.192.png" in \Windows folder, resolution 480x800 or 800x800 pixels if you want to see a complete image while booting in landscape.

I'm working on getting the ascent and Sym buttons working again.

Last edited:

turnstar

Jan 14, 2009
As far as I know SPB doesn't have this feature. You may prove me wrong, though. PIM Backup and an auto-lock feature will be cooked in the next release.

Here's exactly whats going on with me and FB:
-First I turn on the Wi-Fi and make sure that's connected
-Then on the SPB Home Screen at the bottom I click on the icon that brings up a favorite contacts menu
- At the bottom of this screen there is a menu icon which brings up a window with 5 options one of them being Facebook, I select that and the first time it asked for my login info for FB, on subsequent attempts it does not give me the option to re-enter login info it goes straight to trying to connect when you hit sign in.
-A grey screen comes up with a FB logo and some connection dialogue, first it says connecting to FB, then it says "Checking Permissions" and there it will hang until I cancel the attempt.

PIM Backup works well with SPB, the only thing was it took a while after the restore for all my texts and such to show up (seemed to be loading them into the interface one at a time)

Looking forward to the next update, so far, no instability, speed is decent, battery is good, signal strength is good, I have a phone that just works again!

Last edited:

DillonDarko

Jun 20, 2009
HOW to get ä, ö and å working? I have skandinavian keyboard which have those, I need them.

Open SIP Change from the start menu, tap XT9 and hit select. The XT9 keyboard will be set as default, and the ascent key (àü) will be working again. For the Sym key, install the .cab attached to this post. It's SE's Symbol Pad which contains all characters, pops up when you hit the Sym key.

I've replicated the issue with SPB and Facebook. It looks like SPB uses older, now outdated FB API calls. I can't solve that myself, sorry. Please use the PIM Backup method, it's confirmed working.

Attachments

• Symbolpad.cab
    59 KB · Views: 33

DillonDarko

Jun 20, 2009
Yes, this release took me a little bit long... The good news is that I'm still alive, and updated the TS with version v1.10. Check it out. :D

moussm

Sep 24, 2006
marseille
hello i've just downloaded your rom and you packed an UPDATE PROGRAM but which step we have to select between 28 , 32 ??? i was so disappointed that i used the SD CARD update by re-naming your rom Kovsimg.nhb its too bad i think cause you made that utility to make the flash more easy.

DillonDarko

Jun 20, 2009
It doesn't really matter how you flashed the ROM. I included KovskyAdvancedRUU but SD card method is fine, too.

psykg

Oct 11, 2011
I started using this rom 2 days ago , and im totaly satisfied !!! its cool looking and UBER FAST!!! 3x faster than other i tried so far. cheers!

psykg

Oct 11, 2011
panels, fm radio, official wm 6.5 UI??? everything??

I'm looking to update my x1 just to get have a better phone (old though)

from panels it has : SPB Mobileshell (my fav.) / SPB Mobileshell PRO /3D Fish / MS Today (No sense xtc like) / On the Road / Standard xperia panel (black one) / standard panel (grey one)

+ Its FaSTTT!!!! (130/150 MB FREE MEMORY ANY TIME!!!) faster than all other roms i tryed(Dynamics, Energy, 826x ...couple with sense couple without...) even than andoroid in some operations (opening sms,starting explorer ...)

+ UI is combination of original WM6.5 and htc style

+ battery life is ok (~48hrs on no active use or ~24 active use)

+ u can change shortcuts in windws/start meny put what u like where u like ...

- only minus is that windows logo(start meny butt) is upper left corner(exep if u use SPB panel than is down left) and task manager is upper right corner.

- there is no button scortcut (settigs/personal/buttons) for task manager

- X butt dont close every program some like SMS or Explorer u have to kill with task manager

im totaly happy with this rom, no more search for "the one" from me!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DarkManROM v1.10 Xperia X1

Welcome to the first release of the DarkManROM. It has been designed for speed, stability and usability.

Features
    • Windows Mobile 6.5 Build 21916
    • Some nice X2 stuff (Panel manager, communication manager, themes)
    • SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 panel
    • No slow HTC stuff
    • Opera Mobile 10
    • Google Maps

Screenshots

Flashing
    Make sure you flashed Hard-SPL first, version 0.78 recommended. Can be found here.
    Tutorial for flashing the ROM can be found here.

Known bugs
    -

Changelog
    v1.10: Added some stuff
    Removed:
    X2 Dialer

Added:
    WM Phone Canvas
    Video Telephony
    Symbol Pad
    Smart Lock 2.0
    Ringtone Plugin
    Theme X2 Saturn Light
    Theme X2 Titan
    Fish panel
    On the Road panel
    Generic panels

Updated:
    Arcsoft MMS

v1.00: Initial release.

Thanks to
    Laurentius26
    faryaab
    UltraShot
    Applefaq
    and many others I forgot to mention.

Any feedback greatly appreciated. I need it to improve any further releases.
    If you like my work please hit the thanks button, or buy me a beer.

Development has been stopped long time ago, but I'm still providing limited support.
    All HardSPL versions available for the X1 are supported, but I still recommend using the latest version (0.78).

I need some beta testers for the upcoming build. If you want to test them, please PM me.
    Where can I get this ROM the links doesn't work at all?

While looking for DarkManROM v1.10. i had found this russian ROM. It's win 6.5, All languages ​​are present. Work very fine
    http://turbobit.net/ad6a6lls8crd.html
    Put on sd card and go to Bootloader (VolDown + Power)