[Q] Gingerbread update is here!

Search This thread

jbroderick

Aug 20, 2008
Houston, TX
Info Can be found here, http://support.vzw.com/system_update/droid_2_global.html

Confirmed on Verizons Twitter feed that the Gingerbread release has been rolling out since the end of August.

Do a 'checkin' (*#*#checkin#*#*) on your phone then Settings > About Phone > System updates. Keep trying if none is found.

System Version: 4.5.607.A956.Verizon.en.US

Android Version: 2.3.3

Baseband Version: N_01.79.00R

Kernal Version: 2.6.32.9-gb092e69 w36084@ca25rhe92 #2

Build Numbe: 4.5.1_57_D2G-37

ERI Version: 5

PRL Version: 52341

3G signal has been improved with this radio and speeds are more constant and faster.

Last edited:

monkeybreath98

Aug 15, 2010
You will have to go back to stock before you will even be notified of the update. When I had my droid 1 it took a week after the release before I received the update to 2.2

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Reactions: jbroderick

davrodg

Jan 2, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Anyone updated yet

I have tried on 2 stock roms (rooted) and neither say there is an update available - before going back to stock via the 11 step process, has anyone actually updated their device yet - or am I just not patient enough and the update is actually rolling out slowly and not available manually? Any help is appreciated, since I would hate to blast phones to get the update (i would rather wait on a rooted version, but would love to get a better experience than the current ROM provides!)

Reactions: seijidinzuala

jbroderick

Aug 20, 2008
Houston, TX
I have tried on 2 stock roms (rooted) and neither say there is an update available - before going back to stock via the 11 step process, has anyone actually updated their device yet - or am I just not patient enough and the update is actually rolling out slowly and not available manually? Any help is appreciated, since I would hate to blast phones to get the update (i would rather wait on a rooted version, but would love to get a better experience than the current ROM provides!)
I too would rather wait for a rooted version but I'm too excited to use Gingerbread. I will roll back my rom to the original tonight via Moto RSD Lite and then try the update, I will report back if all goes well... or not, hehe.

60lpsdf250

Mar 13, 2011
Texas

No one that I know of has updated their device...
Unknown when it will roll out, but check this http://support.vzw.com/system_update/droid_2_global.html

eggzrule

Aug 11, 2009
Just tried checkin as well and no gingerbread love here, either. In Columbus, Ohio. I believe the update is still in it's "soak-test" phase, which means only a select few will actually receive it just yet. My guess is we're sstill a week out from actual release, but don't quote me on it. Only wishful hoping at this point :D .

jdmba

Aug 20, 2007
Root, etc.

Just got a Droid 2 Global from Assurion (brand new) as a replacement for a stolen Droid 2. Pure stock, never been rooted; no update. So those of you with no update don't need to panic over whether you ran Z4ROOT or not; the update is NOT yet here, at least on my phone (California) and it is pure as the driven snow.

ben7337

Jul 18, 2010

Top Liked Posts