CM9 Nightly for P930 is up

Search This thread

Flyview

May 17, 2010
Toronto/San Diego
After 12-24 hours of use, sometimes a lot of apps and even settings no longer open. They just force close. Anyone else still getting this?

Edit: hmmmm I swiped away a bunch of windows from the multitasking screen and they stopped force closing... makes it seem as if too many things are staying open in memory? Before figuring this out I would just restart to fix.

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

aquariuz23

Mar 3, 2011
Clifton, NJ
hey guys, sorry, I know this is old news right about now, but my GPS is still completely broken. Tonight I couldn't find my way to a friend's house, and for the whole trip, which lasted about 15 minutes, I couldn't get a lock on the GPS at all. GPS status couldn't find more than 2 satellites too. I'm getting very frustrated right now since I need my GPS every now and then.

Could this be a hardware issue or is simply something with my CM9? Is there a way I can test whether it's hardware of software causing the issue? I'm just about ready to break this phone in half from frustration.

rani9990

Apr 21, 2012
Your mom
hey guys, sorry, I know this is old news right about now, but my GPS is still completely broken. Tonight I couldn't find my way to a friend's house, and for the whole trip, which lasted about 15 minutes, I couldn't get a lock on the GPS at all. GPS status couldn't find more than 2 satellites too. I'm getting very frustrated right now since I need my GPS every now and then.

Could this be a hardware issue or is simply something with my CM9? Is there a way I can test whether it's hardware of software causing the issue? I'm just about ready to break this phone in half from frustration.

Probably just u I get 2 second lock GPS.

Sent from my LG-P930

drumist

Aug 6, 2010

Did it ever work correctly in CM9? Did it work on stock or any other ROMs you've had installed previously?

aquariuz23

Mar 3, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Did it ever work correctly in CM9? Did it work on stock or any other ROMs you've had installed previously?

oh yes, very much so. In stock it would work fine, and during the early release of cm9 nightlies, i would sometimes lose connection but it will pick up again in a few seconds or so. Never had such a severe issue like now. Now it will not even lock period.

drumist

Aug 6, 2010
oh yes, very much so. In stock it would work fine, and during the early release of cm9 nightlies, i would sometimes lose connection but it will pick up again in a few seconds or so. Never had such a severe issue like now. Now it will not even lock period.

I'd suggest making a Nandroid backup, then reverting to stock (or any official LG ROM) to see if the GPS will work there. If you need help on how to properly do that, let me know. (Don't run the ICS leak exe or replace your recovery partition, because that will prevent you from getting back to CWM.)

If it doesn't work in stock, then it may just be faulty hardware, meaning you could get it replaced under warranty.

Alternatively you can try doing a clean CM9 install to see if that makes a difference.

Last edited:

Aug 21, 2010
T-Dot
After 12-24 hours of use, sometimes a lot of apps and even settings no longer open. They just force close. Anyone else still getting this?

Edit: hmmmm I swiped away a bunch of windows from the multitasking screen and they stopped force closing... makes it seem as if too many things are staying open in memory? Before figuring this out I would just restart to fix.

Im getting the exact samething too. Its been happening on and off since installing RC1, whenever it FC's i just go to the multitask screen, swipe to close the app and usually it will work again.

Namuna

Jan 11, 2010
New York

Just jumping in to say I'm seeing the exact same behavior on my Nitro, except after a while even swiping them away from the recently-open apps pop-up, some apps still won't open and a restart is needed. :confused:

Flyview

May 17, 2010
Toronto/San Diego
Just jumping in to say I'm seeing the exact same behavior on my Nitro, except after a while even swiping them away from the recently-open apps pop-up, some apps still won't open and a restart is needed. :confused:

Yup. I usually end up restarting every 8-20h. I can't wait for when it's so stable that it remains fresh after a reboot for weeks :)

Last edited:

rani9990

Apr 21, 2012
Your mom
All of you should get Advanced Task Killer Free, if you set it in AutoKill, it destroys all the app processes as soon as you turn the screen off (xcept for downloads :D) I go for days without having to reboot.

dillonr

Apr 29, 2012
Oshawa
i second NOT getting a task killer, they can often cause more issues than not having one...we should find the root of the problem and fix it in an upcoming version of cyanogen

scott0

Dec 9, 2011
the only negative to task killers is they use more cpu cycles than if you just left the app(s) sitting in the background.

unless you kill an app that has a critical process going and you find you can't text or something.

Flyview

May 17, 2010
Toronto/San Diego
i second NOT getting a task killer, they can often cause more issues than not having one...we should find the root of the problem and fix it in an upcoming version of cyanogen

I wonder if there's something we're all doing that's causing this. Sometimes it happens within an hour or two with heavy use after a reboot.

Do you use setCpu or maybe it's HoNo's v5 kernel? Just turned off setCPU to see if there's a difference.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Looks like we have our first CM9 nightly for the Nitro.

http://get.cm/?type=nightly&device=p930
    If anybody is curious what Ricardo appears to be excited about, this is ION and what it brings to the table :D
    If you are using windows 7 and you get MTP USB Device failed driver installation, go to device manager, portable devices, MTP USB device (double click on it), Driver, update driver, browser my computer for driver software, let me pick, click usb mass storage device. Should install and work instantly, and then activate usb mass storage on the phone.
    Same thing works for USB tethering, except pick the other driver.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

My Flash is fine and I did install from the Google Play store. There is something odd I noticed about these nightlies so far. It seems like every time I open Google Play I drop my network connection. If I stay in the store and wait for it to come back I can successfully install apps. It doesn't seem to happen every time when I'm on Wifi.

I would say try to install it from a Wifi connection first. If it doesn't maybe you can install a version from a Titanium Backup then update it.

The dropped data connection in market happens to me too.
    Anyone else having this issue? I seem to have no lighted buttons :( I hated that they turned off before on 2.3 but now I have nothing...
    I had the same problem. Go to Settings->Display->Brightness and enable Automatic brightness and that should fix it.
    um how do i use usb storage on cm9?
    Go to Settings-> Storage->USB computer connection and enable MTP