(MOD) 4g fix and APN settings for Simple Mobile users

Search This thread

daminux

May 17, 2009
santa isabel
i think it depends , am on simple mobile and that rom dint work me ... thers another post on this topic similar to this one and dint work ... but hey it will work for some :)
yes simple mobile servers are from tmo but thers a tmo rom and radio for 4g speed great

omerlibra

Oct 25, 2012
Hi i have motorola atrix 2, i have simple mobile and my internet was working very fine until i update my phone to 4.04. Now in apn settings there is one apn that i can not delete or modify. Any help please???

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

hey there, the proxy and port are not required, as of matter of fact, i used to enter those and i got better results without them...

hi i have motorola atrix 2, i have simple mobile and my internet was working very fine until i update my phone to 4.04. Now in apn settings there is one apn that i can not delete or modify. Any help please???

sico987

Jan 9, 2009
Toronto
Hi i have motorola atrix 2, i have simple mobile and my internet was working very fine until i update my phone to 4.04. Now in apn settings there is one apn that i can not delete or modify. Any help please???

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

hi i have motorola atrix 2, i have simple mobile and my internet was working very fine until i update my phone to 4.04. Now in apn settings there is one apn that i can not delete or modify. Any help please???

It sounds to me like you flashed a rom without an AWS radio. Try reflashing rpm and radio after a full wipe. If not go back to 4.0.3 until your carrier releases an update.

Lamont1211

Aug 15, 2010
phila
thanks

you post saved me
DAGr8 for the ROM http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1522942

This is a modification to your Radio and APN settings for simple mobile users! This is the only way I have gotten my 4g, MMS and internet to work. Follow these instructions exactly:

Download the saurom Rom http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1522942 (only way i got 4g to work)

Download the t-mobile radio http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1573568
(flash the radio AFTER the initial boot of the ROM)

This part is case sensitive!

you helped me alot
Select "Settings"
Select "Wireless & networks"
Check that "Airplane mode" and "Wi-Fi" are unchecked
Select "Mobile networks"
Check that "Data enabled" is checked.
Select "Access Point Names"
Delete all existing APNs
Select APN
Press Menu
Select "Delete APN"
Create new APN
Press Menu
Select "New APN"

Enter the following information:
Name: SIMPLE Mobile
APN*: simple
Proxy:
Port:
Username:
Password:
Server:
MMSC: http://smpl.mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS Proxy:
MMS Port:
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
Authentication Type:
APN type:

Press Menu
Select "Save"
Reboot phone.
Your Internet & MMS is now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

chiwire2000

Apr 26, 2012
miami
Im using jellybeer jellybean rom and flashed the blaze radios and I'm getting solid speeds 4-5 mbps for download. You guys can give it a run. I also used to use the blackstar VIII ics rom with the blaze and I used to get 6-7 mbps download speeds.

As long as you get the APN settings right you should get decent speeds with the blaze.:good:

quickbird144

Mar 9, 2010
Giving this a shot now. I already like the rom and the fact that it already comes with a Tmobile radio. Hopefully I can get something steady. Been all over from 1mb to 5mb and the typical speed bursts, 3G/4G switching like mad. All in the same spot.

youngtimmy

Jan 7, 2013
First thanks to: Jeet92 for the radio
DAGr8 for the ROM http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1522942

This is a modification to your Radio and APN settings for simple mobile users! This is the only way I have gotten my 4g, MMS and internet to work. Follow these instructions exactly:

Download the saurom Rom http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1522942 (only way i got 4g to work)

Download the t-mobile radio http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1573568
(flash the radio AFTER the initial boot of the ROM)

This part is case sensitive!

From the home screen
Press Menu
Select "Settings"
Select "Wireless & networks"
Check that "Airplane mode" and "Wi-Fi" are unchecked
Select "Mobile networks"
Check that "Data enabled" is checked.
Select "Access Point Names"
Delete all existing APNs
Select APN
Press Menu
Select "Delete APN"
Create new APN
Press Menu
Select "New APN"

Enter the following information:
Name: SIMPLE Mobile
APN*: simple
Proxy:
Port:
Username:
Password:
Server:
MMSC: http://smpl.mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS Proxy:
MMS Port:
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
Authentication Type:
APN type:

Press Menu
Select "Save"
Reboot phone.
Your Internet & MMS is now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

I just flashed a custom ROM 4.1.2 JB on my Samsung Infuse and it works well except my network Simple Mobile isnt coming up and when i add a New APN settings, it still doesn't show up on the APN list....Please someone help me, I would really appreciate it!!!!

cnypitbulls

Mar 10, 2013
Htc one x

Would this work on HTC ONE X oR any other droid phone other than the Samsung galaxy?

---------- Post added at 04:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 AM ----------

Im using jellybeer jellybean rom and flashed the blaze radios and I'm getting solid speeds 4-5 mbps for download. You guys can give it a run. I also used to use the blackstar VIII ics rom with the blaze and I used to get 6-7 mbps download speeds.

As long as you get the APN settings right you should get decent speeds with the blaze.:good:

What droid phone do u have?

---------- Post added at 04:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 AM ----------

Giving this a shot now. I already like the rom and the fact that it already comes with a Tmobile radio. Hopefully I can get something steady. Been all over from 1mb to 5mb and the typical speed bursts, 3G/4G switching like mad. All in the same spot.

Did this work for you?....... What phone do you have?

OvaHex

Jun 17, 2012
what I dont understand here, is why the firmware needs any changes.. firmware is strictly OS related, it has nothing to do with the modem.

OvaHex

Jun 17, 2012
what I dont understand here, is why the firmware needs any changes.. firmware is strictly OS related, it has nothing to do with the modem.

actually, scratch that. apparently they work hand in hand to allow the operating system to communicate with whatever provider the device is associated to

OvaHex

Jun 17, 2012
Heres a question if anyine cares to answer. (I'd appreciate it)

If I root a galaxy note (its runnin 4.0.4) and stick cwm recovery on it, does anyone see a problem arising if I flashed the modem linked in the op to allow simple mobile 4G??

Because I still dont see a need to modify the firmware itself. Its just the modem that needs to get swapped from the research I've gathered thus far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

asj2583

Jul 11, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
www.facebook.com
I've been using at&t unlocked phones for a while and never had to flash a modem or be on a certain rom with only the apn being setup to get 3g or 4g. I can say that flashing the blaze modem on my galaxy note did give me better results with 4g. That being said i think as long you setup your apn you'll be set and if you want better results then flashing a modem is the way to go but not required.

OvaHex

Jun 17, 2012
Are you on simple mobile & using the note? Because this issue seems to be related to this particular device, and these particular basebands.

My cousin recently acquired a note 1 for AT&T, I unlocked it for him and he was able to update the phone to 4.0.4 via kies. However, both before and after the update he cannot use 4G OR 3G, he's actually stuck on edge.

I'm not willing to risk a full flash as the OP thinks is required to use 4g on this device, because I believe the process that I stated above your posts should allow one to use 4g. But I need someone more knowledgeable than myself to confirm that this is in fact a legitimate theory.

asj2583

Jul 11, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
www.facebook.com
Are you on simple mobile & using the note? Because this issue seems to be related to this particular device, and these particular basebands.

My cousin recently acquired a note 1 for AT&T, I unlocked it for him and he was able to update the phone to 4.0.4 via kies. However, both before and after the update he cannot use 4G OR 3G, he's actually stuck on edge.

I'm not willing to risk a full flash as the OP thinks is required to use 4g on this device, because I believe the process that I stated above your posts should allow one to use 4g. But I need someone more knowledgeable than myself to confirm that this is in fact a legitimate theory.

Right now I'm running cm10.1 with blaze 4g modem on my at&t note that has been factory unlocked on simple mobile $40 plan and i can confirm that i get 3g/4g. Now that i think about the reason some of you might be stuck on edge is probably due to your area not supporting the new t-mobile band that allows at&t devices to use 3g/4g so flashing a custom rom with a t-mobile modem is required. I live in a area where this band is supported so i can use the phone on stock rom with no root or mods other than simple mobile apns and I can use 3g/4g just fine.

Last edited:

OvaHex

Jun 17, 2012
He had 4g before putting the sim into this phone.

Apathy772

Jul 4, 2013
tried and failed

the link in the op links to several different modems, im in florida which one should I use. I have tried flashing the sauron rom and its update file on my rooted i717 with cwm wiped everything let rom load then flashed modems and i cannot get my phone to even make phone calls. My sim works in my wifes stock tmobile s2. Let me also say that i was using blackstar V rom with ics blze modem for 6 months without any issues but my camera quit working I thought it was a software issue so I flashed blackstar x rom and since then nothing has worked. I have flashed it back to stock att with odin rerooted and flashed the sauron rom. I flashd the stock tmobile rom with odin. Im pulling my damn hair out its been 5 days without my phone. I wound up buying a metro piece of shart and connecting it until i get this fixed any help would be greatly appreciated

lmgonza559

Apr 26, 2013
Verizon Note 2 on Simple Mobile sms failing everything else perfect

Hello everyone nice to find a simple mobile thread. I have a verizon note 2 rooted and working great on simple mobile 40 dollar plan i get H+ everywhere service for the prices awesome now the problem is i cant get sms i can send and receive mms? so i cant understand why i cant get a text message ive set up apn settings to the point im just confused simple mobile tech support was no help they said turn it off turn it on that good walk around and after that they said go get a different phone. But i dont own any other gsm phone so if anybody has any ideas please feel free to reply ive googled my way through in and out of forums but none had problems with sms but rather there web or pic messaging that you again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    :p:p:D:p:p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    First of all, not sure if I believe you're that attractive AND this much into tech, but more to the point.. I'm only taking a guess here, but you may have to flash the TMobile radio to get simple's 3G. I don't know much about simple but it looks like they have TMobile servers in the mms settings so it would make sense that their 3G is based on TMobile radios.
    What heck does that mean?