[Q] Lost Phone, Can I use Sprint LG G2 On verizon?

Search This thread

marcusrab

Sep 28, 2009
chicago, IL
I had a little too much fun on new years eve .. I set my Verizon LG G2 down on a table and apparently either I left it or it was stolen .. I probably left it hahaha..

Now i'm trying to get another one .. I really loved the phone...

I'm scouring eBay ..

I'm in a 2 year contract with verizon ..... but, I wanted to know ... Can I use a Sprint based LG G2 on the verizon network ? Will I still get verizon LTE ?

Same thing with T-mobile versions ? Can I get all the bands and function I did out of my verizon LG G2 ?

Thanks for the heads up guys.

hiddenfive

Jan 7, 2014
Chicago
I know that the Verizon one can use Sprint, but I am not sure about the other war around. I think the global one works on Verizon's LTE band, although I am not sure an that either. If you can afford it, get the Verizon model (VS980) off contract. You can check the bands and other specs on phone arena.

The T-Mobile one seems to share frequencies of Verizon's though.

Hope I helped.

LordLugard

Apr 25, 2008
NYC
Verizon and Sprint are CDMA carriers and run on compatible CDMA frequencies and technologies (1xRTT, EvDO) and both their branded phones can roam on/off each other's network for both voice and data.

Having said that, the fact that they're primarily CDMA carriers means that you cannot just bring a phone onto their respective networks. The ESN/MEID of the phone has to already be in their database for them to activate.

So, taking a Sprint LG G2 and walking into a Verizon store or calling Verizon to activate it will get you a big fat NO, and vice versa.
Is it technically possible? Of course.
Worth the effort/hassle? No.

T-Mobile is a GSM carrier, no CDMA, so that's out of the question, same with AT&T, or any GSM variant of the G2.

Get a Verizon LG G2. Just keep looking carefully and you'll find a good deal.

I got my Sprint LG G2 mint in box for 325, clean ESN, no funny business. Love it to bits.

Last edited:

twill1987

Jun 2, 2012
You can use Sprint LG G2 on Tmobile, takes about 20 minutes

Verizon and Sprint are CDMA carriers and run on compatible CDMA frequencies and technologies (1xRTT, EvDO) and both their branded phones can roam on/off each other's network for both voice and data.

Having said that, the fact that they're primarily CDMA carriers means that you cannot just bring a phone onto their respective networks. The ESN/MEID of the phone has to already be in their database for them to activate.

So, taking a Sprint LG G2 and walking into a Verizon store or calling Verizon to activate it will get you a big fat NO, and vice versa.
Is it technically possible? Of course.
Worth the effort/hassle? No.

T-Mobile is a GSM carrier, no CDMA, so that's out of the question, same with AT&T, or any GSM variant of the G2.

Get a Verizon LG G2. Just keep looking carefully and you'll find a good deal.

I got my Sprint LG G2 mint in box for 325, clean ESN, no funny business. Love it to bits.

In response to this assessment I have to correct these "facts"
You CAN use Tmobile's network on Sprint LG G2 Variant. See Younggunners forum on Sprint-Tmobile rom.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639165
I am currently getting 4G speeds at around 14 mb on the down and 4 on the up, very workable.
I can attest that it works; I have also performed the flash on other sprint LG G2 LS980 Variants as well.
I am using Justin's rom http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639165&page=11,
It's an awesome stock experience!

staticx57

Aug 31, 2008
TR, NJ
In response to this assessment I have to correct these "facts"
You CAN use Tmobile's network on Sprint LG G2 Variant. See Younggunners forum on Sprint-Tmobile rom.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639165
I am currently getting 4G speeds at around 14 mb on the down and 4 on the up, very workable.
I can attest that it works; I have also performed the flash on other sprint LG G2 LS980 Variants as well.
I am using Justin's rom http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639165&page=11,
It's an awesome stock experience!

I think you missed what he was saying. He was saying that the T-Mobile and ATT variants do not support any CDMA so they will not work at all. The sprint variant supports Verizon CDMA but verizon will not activate a sprint device on their network. In any case the sprint device does not support Verizon LTE bands. Even if Verizon activated a sprint g2 on their network it would be 3G only.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk