[App] TVShow: 2.0 available

Search This thread

rudyhuyn

Mar 18, 2011
presentHome.jpg

Hello, I'm the developper of the application TVShow, a TV Show tracker.

The application is available in 2 versions.

A Lite version for FREE without time or tv shows limit.
A Full version (0.99$) with subtitles, live tile and toast

captureEn1.png
captureEn2.png
captureEn3.png
captureEn4.png
captureEn5.png
captureEn6.png
captureEn7.png
captureEn8.png

TVShow is the most complete application to track all your favorite TV Shows with live tile, toast, facebook and twitter.

Features:
- Browse all the episodes of your favorite TV Shows.
- 3 choices of live tiles
- be notified right before a new episode of your favorite TV Shows aired even if the app is not launched.
- Share comments with friends on facebook/twitter and with other users
- Get a quick overview of the all the upcoming episodes for all of your favorite shows.
- Get information about tv shows.
- Get synopsis, screen captures, rates, youtube, subtitles and recaps for each episodes
- Mark seen and unseen episodes.
- Display Local time !!!
- Use your phone as a remote screen for subtitles
- Read tv shows news from tv.com, tvguide, buddy tv, maxiseries and allociné
- translation feature for recaps and summaries
- offline mode

- cache feature for pictures, to save your bandwidth and to speed up the app
- organize and sort your tv shows
- rate episodes
- for U.S. residents only: adjust air date/times of U.S. tv shows to your local time zone

Futhermore, TVShow uses push notification in order to update application tile with the number of unseen shows and the list of tv shows of the day. The tile is updated every night between midnight and 1am.

TVShow use a cache system in order to save bandwidth and to not redownload images and informations and to be used offline.

Last edited:

rudyhuyn

Mar 18, 2011
Coming soon :

- tomorrow 1.3 (minor change): Following the success of the application, servers have been changed push

- end of week 1.4 (major change) : Facebook, relooking with the possibility to change the background of tv shows (either from a suggestion list, or your personal photo)

buffalosolja42

Aug 19, 2007
Gainesville
Good Deal

What is the difference between yours and Prime TV, I have the paid version of it and actually like the concept. Just trying to figure it out so I can make a decision on daily use, thanks.

rudyhuyn

Mar 18, 2011
What is the difference between yours and Prime TV, I have the paid version of it and actually like the concept. Just trying to figure it out so I can make a decision on daily use, thanks.

If we talk about features :
- the tv show air time is indicate in local time
- recaps (a complete summary of the episode until the last minute)
- translate feature
- subtitle feature
- pictures of an episode
- the possibility to rate your episode
- the possibility to mark an episode as seen or unseen
- live tile (updated when you modify information and every night !)
- news from website like TV.com, tvguide, buddy tv
- possibility to choose between first aired time and my local aired time

etc...

sayonical

Dec 3, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Hi I have the paid version (which was crashing nonstop but updates sorted that out so thanks) and I generally like it .

The live tile isnt working yet. I have 4 shows tonight but the tile isn't showing that.

I like the news feature which includes recaps of the tv shows nice

I wish instead of today and next week I could get a individual day of the week break down ex.

MONDAY
Being Human 9PM
Celebrity Apprentic
Rupaul Dragrace
TUESDAY
the Office
WED
Modern Family
Glee
THURSDAY

That way the shows would be visually easy to scan through.

buffalosolja42

Aug 19, 2007
Gainesville
I've forget :
- Sort your TV Shows.

Finally, just look at this picture to see who copies who ...

sanstitre1nw.png
Thanks for the update I saw your post on Prime TV I will pick yours up as well, I don't know the date or collaboration on these projects but it is usefuly and paying $2 to whomever thought of it is fine. Thanks to you guys I don't have to look at my TV or search when my shows come back on thanks so much.

Last edited:
Reactions: revcleophusjames

rudyhuyn

Mar 18, 2011
Hi I have the paid version (which was crashing nonstop but updates sorted that out so thanks) and I generally like it .

The live tile isnt working yet. I have 4 shows tonight but the tile isn't showing that.

I like the news feature which includes recaps of the tv shows nice

I wish instead of today and next week I could get a individual day of the week break down ex.

MONDAY
Being Human 9PM
Celebrity Apprentic
Rupaul Dragrace
TUESDAY
the Office
WED
Modern Family
Glee
THURSDAY

That way the shows would be visually easy to scan through.

Hello !

TVShow is a victim of its success and I exceeded my upload quota of my push server. So that's why I submitted a version 1.3 on Sunday with my new servers inside (logically it should arrive tomorrow), so do not worry, the push will come back tomorrow with the 1.3.

For the list, still good news, I just implement it in 1.4, it will be possible to fully customize the application : wallpapers by tv shows, but also the display of the list.

Two modes:
- today, tomorrow, this weekend, next week (current)
- Monday, Thurday, wenesday, etc. ... (your request)

TVShows is your application, I try to add up the features you ask me. So ask!

Reactions: sayonical

rudyhuyn

Mar 18, 2011
Thanks for the update I saw your post on Prime TV I will pick yours up as well, I don't know the date or collaboration on these projects but it is usefuly and paying $2 to whomever thought of it is fine. Thanks to you guys I don't have to look at my TV or search when my shows come back on thanks so much.

Unfortunately there is no cooperation, they just pumped the design of TVShow instead to keep their current design.

Their current version does not look like TVShow, but if you watch their videos (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs4ULdkcxgg), all features that highlight is copied from mine ... It's an honor, but I appreciated that they invent rather than copy.

And a gift for sayonical : I will add SpoilerTV rss in the next version ;)

Even here we can have doubts :
sanstitre2jl.png

Last edited:

agolding

May 13, 2010
hey, any chance you can add the option to change the time to gmt at some point? watch a lot of american tv, would be great to see when its on local time so i can watch over the internet.

RancoR2k

Jan 31, 2011
Tübingen
Epic! Exactly what I was looking for. Was planning on doing it myself, but you just saved me a lot of work :D
The app looks really great as well.
Thanks so much!

alex2364

Mar 23, 2011
I like the UI of your app a lot but I noticed a quirk. When there are shows available next week, the shows are listed as "this week." This week would mean the week it's currently in. I think it would make better sense to use the term "next week".

rudyhuyn

Mar 18, 2011
hey, any chance you can add the option to change the time to gmt at some point? watch a lot of american tv, would be great to see when its on local time so i can watch over the internet.

Hello ! The time is already converted in YOUR local time (I'm not american, so I watch also over the internet ;))

rudyhuyn

Mar 18, 2011
I like the UI of your app a lot but I noticed a quirk. When there are shows available next week, the shows are listed as "this week." This week would mean the week it's currently in. I think it would make better sense to use the term "next week".

Yes, in this version "this week" = 7 next days.

A settings has been added in the 1.4 in order to select :
- today, tomorrow, this week (monday to sunday), next week
- today, tomorrow, 7 next days,14 next days
- today, tomorrow, saturday, sunday, monday, etc...

So you can select how you want to organize your tv show.

I will make a post this week end with all the new features (a lot !!) in the 1.4 version (available tuesday/wednesday)

rudyhuyn

Mar 18, 2011
The new feature of the 1.4 version :

- facebook integration
- News for each tv shows (in addition to news on the home)
- Possibility to change wallpapers for tv shows (manual or automatic
(the app gives you a list of wallpaper relative to your tv show, but you
can also add a picture from your phone))
- A menu to sort the series A to Z
- an adjustment to manage the list "following"
- today, tomorrow, Thurday, Friday, etc. ... (new)
- today, tomorrow, 7 next days,14 next days
or
- today, tomorrow, this week, next week (current)
- TVSpoiler feeds
- a new list in the home page : "last unseen" (show the unseen episodes of the last 10 days)
- customize the 'episode number format' : S02E02, 2x02, Season 2 Episode 2, 2-02, etc...

All this is implemented, I test this WE and release the update sunday or monday :D

RancoR2k

Jan 31, 2011
Tübingen
Hey
Looking forward to version 1.4, sound great! :)
Got also some additional feedback for you:
- improve performance of show-list (I've got 30+ shows and its getting pretty slow)
- setting to hide shows from list, where all episodes were watched
- possibility to mark shows/seasons as unseen
- import/export show list/ seen episodes, in case you have to hard reset your phone (or perhaps a cloud service to sync your account?)

guess that's it for the moment, hope you might consider adding at least some of this in future versions.

again, thanks for the great app!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    presentHome.jpg

Hello, I'm the developper of the application TVShow, a TV Show tracker.

The application is available in 2 versions.

A Lite version for FREE without time or tv shows limit.
    A Full version (0.99$) with subtitles, live tile and toast

captureEn1.png
    captureEn2.png
    captureEn3.png
    captureEn4.png
    captureEn5.png
    captureEn6.png
    captureEn7.png
    captureEn8.png

TVShow is the most complete application to track all your favorite TV Shows with live tile, toast, facebook and twitter.

Features:
    - Browse all the episodes of your favorite TV Shows.
    - 3 choices of live tiles
    - be notified right before a new episode of your favorite TV Shows aired even if the app is not launched.
    - Share comments with friends on facebook/twitter and with other users
    - Get a quick overview of the all the upcoming episodes for all of your favorite shows.
    - Get information about tv shows.
    - Get synopsis, screen captures, rates, youtube, subtitles and recaps for each episodes
    - Mark seen and unseen episodes.
    - Display Local time !!!
    - Use your phone as a remote screen for subtitles
    - Read tv shows news from tv.com, tvguide, buddy tv, maxiseries and allociné
    - translation feature for recaps and summaries
    - offline mode

- cache feature for pictures, to save your bandwidth and to speed up the app
    - organize and sort your tv shows
    - rate episodes
    - for U.S. residents only: adjust air date/times of U.S. tv shows to your local time zone

Futhermore, TVShow uses push notification in order to update application tile with the number of unseen shows and the list of tv shows of the day. The tile is updated every night between midnight and 1am.

TVShow use a cache system in order to save bandwidth and to not redownload images and informations and to be used offline.
    I tried to update to 2.1 and there is a problem with it. It said something about a license error?

There is nothing about "license" in TVShow, perhaps a marketplace message.

Good news : Today TVShow is "app of the day" in some country and passed the 14,000 users, so I have a surprise for you with a 2.2 version with new features (available wednesday)
    I've forget :
    - Sort your TV Shows.

sanstitre1nw.png
    I've forget :
    - Sort your TV Shows.

sanstitre1nw.png
    Any update? The livetile still seems broken for me

As to the other comments, can yall shut up with the off topic **** already