Hybrid Rom GingerCrust V1.5 17/11/2011

Search This thread

Joel Chan

Feb 18, 2011
Singapore
ok someone test this, install as normal apk and reboot.

Is there anything else wrong with this rom or you all want the freaking launcher??? I'm tired. Noone provide a reviw for the rom and not for the launcher!Jesus.

I LOVE SONYGENMOD

PS The application is still not installed

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

Last edited:

NikolaMK

Dec 24, 2010
Flashed the rom, everything working, great looks, great usability, except for few little things like the undervolt option( I think it does nothing cause our kernel i think doesn't support undervolting), the ultra brightness option ( also does nothing), and the wifi in the beginning connected to the network but didn't open webpages but after a reboot it was working. All in all a GREAT rom and no bugs whatsoever.

OzGurKan

Apr 12, 2011
Bucharest
boykioy ... replacing home.apk does nothing!!! tried it before... so please find us a way to do that cuz that way doesnt work. replaced it 10 times and still i had normal launcher

boykioy

Dec 15, 2010
athens
I am really tired with this.
Ok, install another launcher, delete the standardwithdoc.apk from system/app reboot. Go to your SD card and installed the signed home apk as a normal app.now you need something like homehelper to clear the home launcher.try it and share it

boykioy ... replacing home.apk does nothing!!! tried it before... so please find us a way to do that cuz that way doesnt work. replaced it 10 times and still i had normal launcher

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App

boykioy

Dec 15, 2010
athens
Thankfully one noticed all that.yea these are from Ginger rom and they are not applicable for us. Bravo for your abservation.

Flashed the rom, everything working, great looks, great usability, except for few little things like the undervolt option( I think it does nothing cause our kernel i think doesn't support undervolting), the ultra brightness option ( also does nothing), and the wifi in the beginning connected to the network but didn't open webpages but after a reboot it was working. All in all a GREAT rom and no bugs whatsoever.

DaXmax

Sep 16, 2008
Singapore

Undervolting doesnt support optimus one...

@ terratrix Actually... Bravia Engine is a faked... :rolleyes:

@ boykioy I will update for u... ;)

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Joel Chan

Feb 18, 2011
Singapore
I am really tired with this.
Ok, install another launcher, delete the standardwithdoc.apk from system/app reboot. Go to your SD card and installed the signed home apk as a normal app.now you need something like homehelper to clear the home launcher.try it and share it

FINALLY! IT WORKS

boykioy

Dec 15, 2010
athens
I dont think its fake, mayby its my idea but the screen lookes more vibrant with the bravia.

OzGurKan

Apr 12, 2011
Bucharest
boykioy didnt mean to be a stress :)
the rom looks good.
gonna try to change launcher ...
keep up the good work with dax :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the NEW GingerCrust V1.5 .

So what we have here is a Hybrid CM7 rom merged with GingerCrust rom from Xperia x8 including complete Xperia framework-settings and apps.
    Many many tweaks, fast and stable.. You can use it as every day rom without problems, force closes or unexpected reboots;)

THIS IS HYBRID ROM NOT ALL WORKS PERFECTLY, SOME OPTIONS ARE ONLY FOR THE XPERIA PHONE AND THEY ARE NOT APPLICABLE TO LG OPTIMUS ONE.

( This rom is for OLD BASEBAND)[/B]

V1.5 17/11/2011

Link : http://www.mediafire.com/?has36n122hm0762

New stuff:
    *Added option in screenshot to share
    *Added DSP manager- Xloud is not completly removed, you can enjoy the louder speaker.
    *Added Mod Miui Walkman ( Made from Scratch)
    *Added Xperia Notes and terminal emulator
    *Latest Gapps
    *Transparent sms
    *Several options in settings

Fixes in 1.5 version:

*Wifi and mobile data bug that shows you are connected while you dont.
    *Blacklist
    *Live wallpaper support
    *Kernel version not showing in settings.
    *Automatic Network Location.
    *Apps2SD script removed as it causes sevaral problems, Now use default CM7 option in settings.
    *Vm heap size 32m
    *Bluetooth on
    *Camera Brightness
    *Several tweaks
    *Fixed black statusbar in first boot
    *Remove several crap in system in order to gain more free space

v1.4 10/11/2011

*Android 2.3.7
    *Revert to original xperia sms
    *HTC keyboard
    * Flash player working
    *Xperia original keyboard
    *Transparent status bar
    *Arc launcher with dock
    *Ring lockscreen
    *Sd cashe size 4096kb by default
    *VM heap size 48 by default
    *Zipalighn on boot
    *Xperia Framework
    *Xperia weather widget and apps
    *Xloud enabled by default
    *Bravia engine enable by default
    *xbass enabled by default
    *Dithering teaks
    *Eliminate blackscreen bug
    *GAPPS included
    *Kernel version Goldenleaf .v111108 / franco.Kernel.v19.4-gbs.v18c
    *Updated camera
    *New xperia contacts and dialer
    *Smoothass by default.
    *New clock
    *XPERIA calendar & calculator
    * and many more

I belive that all the above makes this rom very very different from other roms :D

Instrunctions for flash: All recoveries

Wipe all ( Data-cashe-android secure)
    Wipe dalvik cashe
    Flash the rom
    Reboot
    You have done it , now you can enjoy the rom.

* Reboot option into recovery does not work it only reboots, therefore I have added the Xperia reboot option as an app, you can use this in order to boot into recovery.
    * The hard bottom lights not working( Working when you disable automatic brightness]
    * Xloud does not turn off
    * Undervolting not working ( Not support by the kernel)
    * FDN
    * Manualy search for providers
    * Silence capture sound in camera
    * Batery status style- Not showing when you select statusbar option.
    _____________________________________________________________________________

Guide to install "Flash player for P500 10.3" 100% working with rom "gingercrust v1.5"

You can check with the web: whatismyflash.com

1. Use the explorer to the root system / app and delete the flash player app for ARMv6.

2. Continue to data / data directory and delete com.adobe.flashplayer.

3. Install flash player for ARMv6 is ok.

New screens below.
    Hi my friends, this version will be the last for me supporting this rom as i am bying a nexus s and i wont be able to use the optimus one any more.

I need a person who is willing to develop further this rom in order not to disapear from its place among the others. If enyone is interesting pm me.

Thank you to all. I mean ALL of you.
    latest update online. enjoy. Read the first post for changes.
    To Boykioy
    I don't understand why WhatsApp crashes coz the log file is too generic about, says only "unespected error" or similar thing. Perhaps there's another log file I don't know, I'm not so skilled yet in Android stuff. The keyboard error reported in the log file has gone away after I copied the missing files in /system/usr/keychars and keylayout directories, that's good! The crash in WhatsApp happens when I touch the "send" virtual button on the screen (not on the virtual keyboard), but not every time... with Mik's CM7 6.5.8 and 6.5.7 roms this thing doesn't happens but I don't go back to plain Mik's rom only for this damned WhatsF*ck, for sure!:)

To mDroidd
    OpenOptimus 2.202 was (is) developed and mantained by Ciaox that seems to me open-minded to the user requests, you can try ask him about your wishes on LG's GB 2.3.3.
    And yes, applying a theme to CM roms is enough easy but GingerCrust is, I see, way much more than a themed rom and realizing it in a stable and reliable status is way more hard and time demanding than theming only. To realize a GingerCrust-like rom for LG GB 2.3.3 is still harder, I think, due the lack of some essential docs (sources) from LG.
    If you like the CM "power buttons" you can try the Espier launcher, it resembles the iOS home (not so bad!), smooth with big icons plus sweeping on the right the hidden dock bar, appear a sort of "power bar", try it... Cheers!
    GB 2.3.3 by LG is a closed story. LG released only part of the source code and stopped P500 software development.
    GingerCrust, based on the well known CM7 plus the helpful Xperia features, is a smart & wise project, perhaps the coolest rom out there. The very few bugs I have seen are fixable and not important for most of us, the rom is stable and fast and good for every day use, what do you want more?
    Really the bug reported can be reduced to reboot into recovery option, FDN, manually search for providers. The others are false bugs (automatic brightness is useless without the sensor and can be ignored, Xloud may be used due a new CM7 DSP I have, undervolting is useless without kernel and hardware support and can be ignored, camera silence can be obtained easily, battery status style not visible in statusbar option... who cares?).
    I hope in a next release with the very few remaining bug fixed, this is (for MY needs! ) the rom of the year!