[TOOL][SCRIPT] AndSync - Synchronize Backup and Restore Android Devices

Search This thread

uva_crazy

Dec 28, 2012
AndSync Error Cleared

Hi Senior Member - OP,

I was glad to see the info provided to back up my android phone, I followed the steps clearly, everything went fine, but while I was trying to run the script I got the error as other latest users
Bareword found where operator expected at AndSync.pl line 9, near "<title>AndSync"
<Missing operator before AndSync?>
syntax error at AndSync.pl line 5, near "html>"
Unrecognized character \xC2; marked by <-- HERE after at master <-- HERE near column 45 at AndSync.pl line 9.

This I rectified by replacing the "." with "*".

After doing this I am getting numerous errors which I have attached in a file please go through and assist me.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Everybody, (jrland and estregan)

I am sorry for telling it was not working, it is working fine and I have done the backup of my android phone and restored the apps.
All you need to do is
1. Install Perl, Install ADB as guided in the beginning of this post.
2. Download AndSync-master.zip from the link provided to download the AndSync.pl or the same is attached below.
3. Extract the zip file into your pc or laptop "Example: E:\AndSync-master"
4. Open command prompt Start-->run-->cmd
5. Go to the path in the command prompt where you extracted the zip file. "Example: E:\AndSync-master>".
6. Type run and "Click Enter", now proceed with the steps shown there.

Attachments

• AndSync-master.zip
    21.4 KB · Views: 35

numanair

Feb 5, 2012
HP Touchpad
Moto X
Is there any way to check that it created a good backup? On the first run something went wrong (it seemed to get stuck on google sheets, which then force closed) and it created a 45 MB backup. On the second run it created a 3 GB backup.

wizwin

Is there any way to check that it created a good backup? On the first run something went wrong (it seemed to get stuck on google sheets, which then force closed) and it created a 45 MB backup. On the second run it created a 3 GB backup.
With the current version there is no way to check if the backup is good. I'll keep that in my TODO list for now :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AndSync v1.3

About AndSync

This script helps you to:
    - Synchronize applications if you have multiple android devices.
    - Backup and Restore applications in batch.
    - Un-install applications in batch.
    - Backup and Restore application data on rooted and non-rooted (only for ICS and above) devices.
    - Use your PC or Laptop to perform full backups. There is no need to first backup on SD card and then copy to your PC.

Why did I develop this?

1. I own multiple android phones with about 200 apps installed (I have no idea why :p) and it has become difficult to manage application updates from Play Store on these devices.

2. I needed a quick and easy way to backup applications directly to my computer and restore them after I do a full re-flash.

What are the prerequisites for this script?

• Android SDK (ADB shell)
    • Perl v5.10.1 (Any latest version of Perl would also be fine)

Note: I used these versions, it may work on older versions as well but I have not tested those.

Installing prerequisites

- Install Perl from here
    - Install Zip for Perl (Ubuntu Users) - sudo apt-get install libarchive-zip-perl
    - Install adb using instructions from here

On which Desktop/Laptop OSes will this tool work?

It is a Perl script and so it should work on all OSes that can run Perl. Of course Android SDK port (at-least for adb) should exist.

For which versions of Android will this tool work?

I have come across 'adb backup' and 'restore' commands but that is not available for older/all devices. Using this tool you can perform backup and restore of devices with Android Gingerbread and above. (I have only tested using GB and JB). Froyo devices are not supported in the current version.

Where can you find this tool?

Here is the link [AndSync]. You can just download the Perl script 'AndSync.pl' and execute it if you have Perl installed.

From AndSync v1.3 the script can be updated automatically from Settings->'Update this script'.

Known Issues
    - Some operations spit out too much information on console.
    - Does not support Froyo devices at the moment.

If you have issues with market links try:
    Settings->Applications->Manage Applications->All->Google Play Store->Force Stop & Clear Data

Please share your thoughts and suggestions for improvement. Please open issues on Github so that it can be tracked.

Enjoy Android !!
    acultr said:
    hy!how can I use in windows 7 32 bit??

Everything you need to know is in this post:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31868738&postcount=12

install perl - http://www.perl.org/get.html#win32 - i dont care which version you use, pick one!
    install adb - http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/what-is-adb-and-how-to-install-it-android
    follow the guide
    ?????
    PROFIT!!!!

If you cannot follow these instructions, then this utility is probably not the best choice for you
    well, it won't compile...

Can't locate Version.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.14.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.14 /usr/share/perl/5.14 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at ./AndSync.pl line 45.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./AndSync.pl line 45.

Please try this:

perl -MCPAN -e shell
    cpan[1]> install version

[This command will install Version]
    cpan[2]> exit

Then try again.
    well, it won't compile...

Can't locate Version.pm

It looks like there is something wrong with your Perl installation.

Apparently, Version has been a core module since Perl v5.9.0

also, for long pastes, consider using http://pastebin.com/ or some other paste service (also avoids smileys etc;))
    Had the same problem and i changed ( use Version; ) with use version; and it worked..LInux mint 13