• Nexus 10

Votes: 20 4.5%

• Total voters
Search This thread

samir_a

May 6, 2012
Mumbai
www.androidos.co.in
Battery Test, Please find the battery usage figure while the tablet is being used again this is using fifa12 almost all the time and hence this is a tough test to beat and also defies most of the battery life figures given by tech sites

2012_11_25_13_42_12.png

Reactions: Kimonoskunk

samir_a

May 6, 2012
Mumbai
www.androidos.co.in
There has been lots of talk on the resolution of Note and it prompted me to do a comparision between its resolution and the top ten laptops in the market.

Why did I compare it with laptops ?? Because for me Note is a replacement to the laptop or the second device after the laptop which you will use in liu of the laptop, so it logical that the comparison should be with the top ten laptops in the market.

Here is the result

PPIComparision.jpg

Reactions: Bru87tr

Bagbug

Apr 4, 2012
Earth
great tablet, only a few annoying things.

No micro HDMI port
No mini USB port, I hate the Asus/Samsung/Apple proprietary ports
The 3 feet cable is a joke for a tablet of this price
S-Pen isnt that great: softwares implementation and the S-Pen itself are a big deception.
Still no JB
Touchwiz is sluggish. The Asus TF300/700 and the Nexus 10 are smooth like butter.

Im keeping it anyway, its the best 10.1 tablet available right now IMO.

samir_a

May 6, 2012
Mumbai
www.androidos.co.in
Well HDMI is not a deal breaker, as bec of the memory available I will seldom keep data that requires HDMI like a movie or so on the tablet. yes it is a draw back when you want to give a presentation. but you have an HDMI converter available.

The Spen is great even for someone for me as I can take notes on it. Touchwiz is sluggish but i have not herd anything good things about ASUS also its till early days for N10.

Again its your preference if you feel its not the right table then you have many options available in the market.

The only draw back for note is the amount of developer n10 has to do custom developement

samir_a

May 6, 2012
Mumbai
www.androidos.co.in
The JB firmware has been released for the following regions

Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom

The firmware version details are as follows

PDA: N8020XXALK3
CSC: N8020OLBALK3
Version: 4.1.1
Date: 2012-11-21

Will upload the torrent file in few hours

The only reason I am doing that is not to spread piracy or encourage going to warez site but to make it easy for everyone to download it

lsherif

Apr 11, 2008
Cairo
The JB firmware has been released for the following regions

Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom

The firmware version details are as follows

PDA: N8020XXALK3
CSC: N8020OLBALK3
Version: 4.1.1
Date: 2012-11-21

Will upload the torrent file in few hours

The only reason I am doing that is not to spread piracy or encourage going to warez site but to make it easy for everyone to download it

Here`s the official data from samfirmware, dated 8-11 with no version specified, where did you get this data from ?
What you have posted is for the N8020 , not N8000 , just for everybody to be clear .

PDA: N8000XXBLK2
CSC: N8000OXXBLJ2
Version:
Date: 2012-11-08
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
Download

Last edited:

kenhicg

May 6, 2012
Mine just arrived. Shipped from best buy with the seal broken but it looks new. I gave it to my 19 yo daughter and haven't gotten it back yet. She has a wacom drawing pad and is quite the expert with it. The note seems to meet with her approval.

Life is better with root and our brilliant Devs

asdfuogh

Jun 22, 2011
Yeah, at the very least, if they won't give you another one, you could force a gift card or something.. Broken seal is always a sign for pushing for discounts or something because it means it was used (or looked at). It might have been a store model at some point too.

samir_a

May 6, 2012
Mumbai
www.androidos.co.in
Hi I have purchased a domain and hosting its called androidfirms.in the purpose is to upload firmwares any web developers willing to help are welcome.

I would be uploading few firmwares today

samir_a

May 6, 2012
Mumbai
www.androidos.co.in
Good news for those who wanted PEEL services to be available for their devices

This expansion is a significant milestone for Peel as it marks the first time the app has been available outside of North America. Additionally, Peel's expansion into Asia represents the first Second Screen remote app to tackle the television ecosystem in the region. Beginning today, Peel Smart Remote is available in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom in Europe; and in Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, and Taiwan in Asia.

For complete article please go to http://www.itnewsonline.com/showprnstory.php?storyid=246379

No India so it sucks

kenhicg

May 6, 2012
Well i managed to find a bb that had a 32 in stock and i swapped it out.
Man this is a nice device.
I just got to know. What were the reviewers smoking that said this screen sucks. This screen is brilliant.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: Kimonoskunk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    total crap slow, unsecure no updates from Samsung still on ICS, screen looks cheap 149ppi only price to high for total rubbish!!! Not recommend will give for free. Will bet for Apple with retina display

Your posts make interesting reading .

jje
    I just got my note yesterday and I have to say that it's a pretty amazing and fast piece of tech. I'll come back to edit this review more as I use it (and receive my case so I can use it a little more roughly like I normally do).

So far:

Pros-
    Amazingly fast.
    No stutters (I had the original Transformer TF101.. which had lags sometimes).
    Sound is amazing (why don't other tablets have front speakers?).
    Wacom stylus is streets ahead of capacitive crap :)/ sorry adonit jot just doesn't cut it).
    Multi-tasking is awesome!

Cons-
    S-note is.. underwhelming. (But lecture notes was great!) Seriously wished s-note was better because I kind of like it.
    Multi-tasking is limited.. (although we get the Galaxy Note 2's multitasking abilities after we get jb right?)

EDIT:
    Just used this for class.. and doodling, amazing! It's like taking notes on paper, without the weight and fuss and ink and ****, and I can copy and paste stuff. Also, I used it in the crapper, and it's amazing for reddit and stuff because it won't crash from loading too many images. But the stylus is freaking fantastic! AHHHh! (BTW, LectureNotes is definitely worth it. I like Papyrus more than it in the beginning because Papyrus was easier to use, but LectureNotes' customizability is waaaaay worth the learning curve.)
    Check out this video, I think this is one of the best adds Samsung has ever come out with for this is among some of the best in the world

So, on my quest for the perfect android tablet, I found a nexus 10 at Wal-Mart and scooped it up. Yes, the screen is gorgeous, if a tad unsaturated. But, playing high stress games would make the cpu overheat and make the game turn in to a slide show. So it went back. Picked a Asus tf700, again, pretty screen. But I should have researched it more. It has a problem with it's memory being incredibly slow. Pull up a web page and it takes forever to load, and installing apps was agonizing. So back it went, and picked up a note 10.1, which I should have started with, since I have a note 2. Screen, compared to the Asus and nexus, is a bit grainy, but much more vibrant then those. Speed wise it seems every bit as fast as the nexus 10, but without all the horrible slowdown. I'm really enjoying it, and I think I found a keeper.
    The idea behind this thread is to have all reviews, opinions and feedback of note users collated under one roof.

This would make things simple for everyone easy to post opinions updates feedback, for those who look upon us before making a purchasing decision easier to find them.

I hope this is not take in a wrong way the whole idea is to get things organize so information is easier to find and not scattered around but not boss around or offend anyone.