ATT-5.12.502.2-TWRP-stock-unrooted + Guru Reset

Search This thread

dibblebill

Jun 3, 2012
Raleigh, NC
www.youtube.com
I've tried three RUU exe's, this zip, and a RUU zip, and been unable to flash. The EXE's all give an unknowna rror, and the zips give "E: Zip signature verification failed: 1 / Error flashing zip"". Would running Skydragon's M8 port to the m7 have anything to do with it? I'm trying to restore this phone to complete stock

EDIT:

Not sure if this is related. Here's the RUU zip error:
"C:\Program Files\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot flash zip ruu.zip
sending 'zip' (1153504 KB)...
OKAY [ 54.548s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) zip header checking...
(bootloader) zip info parsing...
(bootloader) checking model ID...
(bootloader) checking custom ID...
(bootloader) start image[hboot] unzipping for pre-update check...
(bootloader) start image[hboot] flushing...
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,hboot,0
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,hboot,99
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,hboot,100
(bootloader) ...... Successful
FAILED (remote: 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again immediately)
finished. total time: 56.236s"

I wasn't sure if it was relevant.

Last edited:

DanJackson

Apr 9, 2010
I picked up a M7 on CL and wanted to return it to stock, I used the guru zip and its been at the flashing stock rom 0% for the last hour... I am a total HTC Noob.. How long should this take?

EDIT: I turned it off and back on and re ran the zip, its installing fine now..

Last edited:

rayndog3

Oct 25, 2013
quick question guys. I'm trying to get back to stock. My htc one originally came with sense 5, I think android 4.2.1. I'm currently s-off with supercid 111111. My questions are: Do I have to change the cid back to stock cid? and can I use this guru reset or do I have to use a reset to the original sense 5 rom that came with my phone? hope you can help. thank you for any help.

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
quick question guys. I'm trying to get back to stock. My htc one originally came with sense 5, I think android 4.2.1. I'm currently s-off with supercid 111111. My questions are: Do I have to change the cid back to stock cid? and can I use this guru reset or do I have to use a reset to the original sense 5 rom that came with my phone? hope you can help. thank you for any help.

This will work fine but you still need to Change your cid back to stock

Don't go s-on until your totally done with everything else and ready too send the phone in.

I would send it s-off myself

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: rayndog3

rayndog3

Oct 25, 2013
This will work fine but you still need to Change your cid back to stock

Don't go s-on until your totally done with everything else and ready too send the phone in.

I would send it s-off myself

OK, awesome, thank you! I will change the cid back, I think it was cws_001. does it need to be s-on in order to get stock OTA updates? or can I just leave that s-off?

rayndog3

Oct 25, 2013
Stay s-off unless you're going to return the phone to HTC

Nope, its staying with me, just wanted back to stock. just went through everything and it worked great, thank you!!

So this is the current version that everyone has, correct? just tried a software update and said this was up to date.

Last edited:
Reactions: clsA

Dunka

May 14, 2014
New York
Nope, its staying with me, just wanted back to stock. just went through everything and it worked great, thank you!!

So this is the current version that everyone has, correct? just tried a software update and said this was up to date.

Yes, it's the latest from AT&T. What firmware are you currently running on?

rayndog3

Oct 25, 2013
One other questin guys, if I go to bootloader now, select recovery, it goes to a black screen. then a triangle with a question mark shows up. does that mean the stock recovery isn't loaded in? I used the guru reset, I thought that would put the stock recovery in.

Dunka

May 14, 2014
New York
One other questin guys, if I go to bootloader now, select recovery, it goes to a black screen. then a triangle with a question mark shows up. does that mean the stock recovery isn't loaded in? I used the guru reset, I thought that would put the stock recovery in.

I'm not sure about stock recovery, haven't seen it in a long time lol.
Probably may get better help here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541082

[GUIDE] [02-MAR-2014] nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida

the black screen is stock recovery
hit volume up and down and power to see the menu in stock recovery

Sli2cooL

Dec 30, 2012
Barranquilla
Hello, im in 4.18.502.7 "STOCK", just im rooted, S-OFF and Bootloader unlocked and also TWRP.... Should i run the RUU 4.18.502.7 to leave the phone fully stock or is not neccesary? I dont mind loosing my stuff, but i want to know if the RUU leave my phgone on full stock.

Thanks for the help.

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
Hello, im in 4.18.502.7 "STOCK", just im rooted, S-OFF and Bootloader unlocked and also TWRP.... Should i run the RUU 4.18.502.7 to leave the phone fully stock or is not neccesary? I dont mind loosing my stuff, but i want to know if the RUU leave my phgone on full stock.

Thanks for the help.
The RUU will put you back to stock rom, stock recovery, stock hboot, stock firmware! You will remain S-OFF but will loose root and custom recovery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Edit: I have also uploaded a Guru_Reset of this if anyone is interested (Thanks to @crushalot)
    Download it Here

for instructions look here >> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2358738

WARNING!!! include optional flashable radio.

..here is the Stock Nandroid before the phone was rooted

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358543596
    MD5: b01ad6da065b19c7aff36f77724a5b74

Extract zip, copy 'HTCOne-32GB-ATT-5.12.502.2-TWRP-stock-unrooted' folder to /sdcard/TWRP/BACKUPS//HTCOne-32GB-ATT-5.12.502.2-TWRP-stock-unrooted

For complete stock Say no to installing Root when exiting TWRP and Flash the Stock Recovery
    It's also recommended to Factory Reset in TWRP after Restoring the Firmware

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358543599
    MD5: 1a8b1482d4525488c89335df07dc24f2

reboot into fastboot USB
    fastboot flash recovery 5.12.502.2.recovery.img
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot reboot

Be Very Careful with the firmware posted below, I actually put my HTC One into QHSUSB_DLOAD Flashing this. I was able to fix it (Thanks to dexter93) but be very careful and do not flash a 3.xx.502.x firmware with the one posted below !!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2770684

This will fix devices which were bricked due to firmware incompatibility. This can be caused with the way HTC handles the firmware updates in it's m7's OTAs. If you've been flashing from a 3.x firmware to a 5.x firmware via OTA, or manually, you most likely have a device stuck in QHSUSB_DLOAD. This tool is for you

For Completeness here's the 5.12.502.2.firmware.zip

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358543602
    MD5: 4d671edd6bcf1876c44c3798aaaebb0c

Flash with fastboot oem rebootRUU
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
    fastboot flash zip 5.12.502.2.firmware.zip

the black screen is stock recovery
    hit volume up and down and power to see the menu in stock recovery
    Hey, quick question:
    do I need S-Off for this to work?

no, I don't think so
    As the title says ..this is the Stock Nandroid before the phone was rooted

Edit: I have also uploaded a Guru_Reset (Thanks to @crushalot) of this if anyone is interested just shoot me a PM

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358543596
    MD5: b01ad6da065b19c7aff36f77724a5b74

Extract zip, copy 'HTCOne-32GB-ATT-5.12.502.2-TWRP-stock-unrooted' folder to /sdcard/TWRP/BACKUPS/<serialnum>/HTCOne-32GB-ATT-5.12.502.2-TWRP-stock-unrooted

For complete stock Say no to installing Root when exiting TWRP and Flash the Stock Recovery

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358543599
    MD5: 1a8b1482d4525488c89335df07dc24f2

reboot into fastboot USB
    fastboot flash recovery 5.12.502.2.recovery.img
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot reboot

Be Very Careful with the firmware posted below, I actually put my HTC One into QHSUSB_DLOAD Flashing this. I was able to fix it (Thanks to dexter93) but be very careful and do not flash a 3.xx.502.x firmware with the one posted below !!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2770684

For Completeness here's the 5.12.502.2.firmware.zip

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358543602
    MD5: 4d671edd6bcf1876c44c3798aaaebb0c

Flash with fastboot oem rebootRUU
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
    << Yes Two times (First time updates hboot)
    fastboot reboot

Worked nicely, thanks.

Edit: Also, it's very very very recommended to Factory Reset in TWRP after Restoring the Firmware. If not done right after Restore, the device may malfunction in some areas, and may (very little) lead to Bricking. I have done this before, when flashing the USA Firmware Version of HTC One's Sense 6. Had to return to Stock due to some recent news in my Data, not connecting to the AT&T Towers, and other stuff. That being said, I've done the old fastboot oem lock and relocked my bootloader, and never again will I ever flash a ROM or anything on my device. Thanks again.

Code:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash recovery 5.12.5
    02.2.recovery.img
    target reported max download size of 1514139648 bytes
    sending 'recovery' (12426 KB)...
    OKAY [  1.482s]
    writing 'recovery'...
    OKAY [  0.891s]
    finished. total time: 2.373s

C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot erase cache
    ******** Did you mean to fastboot format this partition?
    erasing 'cache'...
    OKAY [  0.048s]
    finished. total time: 0.048s

C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot reboot
    rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.034s
    Ok thanks.

If this works this time around i will be back to stock. Should i just flash the firmwares 4.xx, 5.xx as before?

Finally after i flash the ruu.zip will i have to redo s-off?

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Well the ruu.zip worked im back to 3.17
    Tried to flash 4.xx firmware but still getting fail 32 header error..
    Should i just flash the 4.xx zip? or should i just update via the setting on the phone??

see if you can get the OTA update or use the 4.x RUU