SMS-Chat alternative [Help]

Search This thread

damienisxcore

Oct 4, 2010
Chicago
I find it crazy that SMS-Chat seems to be the only program for Windows Mobile that combines touch-friendly scrolling with threaded messaging.

I have a Palm Treo Pro and in order to see the text I type, I have to hit enter, and then backspace, and then I can start typing.

My question: Is there an alternative to this? I would use the regular sms built into WM6 but in order to scroll up and down, I have to use the tiny scroll bar on the right instead of being able to scroll by touching and pulling the middle of the screen.

Yes, I've googled the crap out of this so I come to you guys seeing if anyone has a diamond in the dirt.

damienisxcore

Oct 4, 2010
Chicago
Thanks a lot for the link!

My only problem with this program is it doesn't show you the full content of each text from one person in a thread, and it doesn't default to the last text sent, it starts at the top which is a problem for a thread with many texts. I like it though, and hope to see improvements in the final versions.

mr_mikush

Aug 18, 2008
Kyiv
MKH SMS (beta version and unstable)
Requirements: wm5+ compact framework 2+

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 475
Last edited:

damienisxcore

Oct 4, 2010
Chicago
it said "MKH software MKH SMS" cannot be installed. To try installing to a different location, chose a location" but it fails for SD card and phone memory. Weird.

damienisxcore

Oct 4, 2010
Chicago
Bump if anyone knows a good sms program. Like I said, it seems there is a problem on Palm Treo Pro's where the text won't show up when you type to a person unless you hit enter, then backspace. It's a hassle to do every time I send a text. Is there any program like this?

I hear certain ROMS will fix this issue but i'm not too savvy on roms..

bsinclair

Apr 4, 2008
I am looking for one myself for a long time and could found nothing.

1. SMS Chat - has lots of bugs, with an inbox with 50 or more messages, it freezes all the times. Contact with developer, no response

2. Slide2Send - slow as hell, missing lots of features

3. MKH SMS - very buggy, trying to scroll thru the messages is a pain

4. PocketCM - not really a replacement as you have to open a contact to see the list of SMS

5. Samsung SilverInBox - so buggy that even samsung have hidden it on the ROM

Can't find a good (or even resonable) message app that is finger friendly. :(

bsinclair

Apr 4, 2008
Tried another one, SMS at Hand, one of the ugliest interface (and confusing) I have ever seen.

If you wanna try MKH SMS, use this installer, it will work (removed Russian lang file, problem with cyrillic chars on the file name).

Attachments

• MKH_SMS_1.1b.cab
    885.3 KB · Views: 190

bsinclair

Apr 4, 2008
BTW, MKH SMS seem to be the only one still in development, you might try to contact the developer at http://www.mkh-soft.com/mkh-sms.aspx (it is in Russian).

Just a quick tip, if you tap on the top bar (middle), you will get some popups, like Settings (if you are at the folder list view), Delete SMS (if you are reading one), ...

Last edited:

damienisxcore

Oct 4, 2010
Chicago
I wish I knew coding. It's just kinda annoying I have to hit enter, then backspace just to see the text i'm typing in SMS-Chat. I love the program, but this is a pain. Even on their website help it suggests doing that...for a paid program.

biggiebro

Jun 2, 2009
I am using SMS at Hand. never can get it right. I do not want to be the default sms handler.

just like other sms program, no support for sending sms, u will only see the beautiful skin when scrolling the messages.

At the moment you click send new message it will go into the ugly ms default.

bsinclair

Apr 4, 2008
I am sticking with MKH SMS for now. Developer seen willing to move it forward, been talking with him about problems, suggestions and new translations. Version 1.2 seem very promissing.

Btw, it replaces the send sms with a graphical touch based one, you should try it.

bsinclair

Apr 4, 2008
Version 1.2 is still in development, but looks promising.

Attachments

• scre.png
    scre.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 137

bsinclair

Apr 4, 2008
Yes. The skin is a file with an extension of *.th, but that is only a zip file with some images a config (text) file. It comes with an iphone like skin. Would be nice to have at least two more, a manila and a diamond.

Translate is also easy, it is a text file (I have done one to Brazilian Portuguese).

deedee

May 28, 2007
Coleraine
Just tried MKH on my HD Mini and it works just fine. also seems to take only half the memory of HTC Messages.