FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

5,511 posts
Thanks Meter: 28,947

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 03:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd March 2019, 03:46 PM |#29031  
Thanks Meter: 1,046

Donate to Me
More
So what's the difference between silver on play store and regular here, because the standard is higher version. Just curious if there's any benefits to silver or is just to support the dev? Thanks!

22nd March 2019, 04:40 PM |#29032  
Thanks Meter: 460

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yung40oz84

So what's the difference between silver on play store and regular here, because the standard is higher version. Just curious if there's any benefits to silver or is just to support the dev? Thanks!

From my understanding, it pretty much is to support the dev.
Besides fuzzy feels of giving Hootan some money, it comes with some addons bundled (so no need to download them separately).

Sent from my BLU Grand M using XDA Labs
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bludwurst For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bludwurst Ad-Free
22nd March 2019, 05:56 PM |#29033  
Thanks Meter: 1,250

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludwurst

... it comes with some addons bundled...

a friend said he had difficulty checking hashes on the silver variant. i run beta and i just select file, click on ⓘ and 'hashes'. is it different in silver?
22nd March 2019, 07:43 PM |#29034  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Mixplorer hijacked my download manager
Hello. I'm having a problem with mixplorer taking over my download manager. I set it to open by default to download my files because it does it better than firefox, but of 3 options mixplorer has, I think I picked the worst one.
I've tried everything to revert the change, uninstalled and checked for leftovers with SD Maid, removed any open by default preferences, and its still doing it.

It seems to be extracting the archive remotely and downloading the contents of the archive, taking a minute to do so, because I've tried with opera browser and it downloads the file instantly and mixplorer will extract instantly too.

Below is a photo for an idea of what's happening:
22nd March 2019, 08:06 PM |#29035  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,932

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeXIII

Hello. I'm having a problem with mixplorer taking over my download manager. I set it to open by default to download my files because it does it better than firefox, but of 3 options mixplorer has, I think I picked the worst one.
I've tried everything to revert the change, uninstalled and checked for leftovers with SD Maid, removed any open by default preferences, and its still doing it.

It seems to be extracting the archive remotely and downloading the contents of the archive, taking a minute to do so, because I've tried with opera browser and it downloads the file instantly and mixplorer will extract instantly too.

Below is a photo for an idea of what's happening:

Settings - More Settings - Reset - Remember

That should remove all defaults MiX has been granted so that you can pick another option.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nimueh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nimueh Ad-Free
22nd March 2019, 09:09 PM |#29036  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimueh

Settings - More Settings - Reset - Remember

That should remove all defaults MiX has been granted so that you can pick another option.

Sadly that didn't fix it, but a reinstall of Firefox is no problem for me, and fixed the issue.
There did not seem to be a way to fix this without removing Firefox.
For anyone who may need to know, of the 3 options given to you by mixplorer when you click download, "Explore..." Is the one which gave me these problems.
Intriguing. Perhaps this option is not for downloading like this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SnakeXIII For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SnakeXIII Ad-Free
23rd March 2019, 01:45 AM |#29037  
Thanks Meter: 159

More
I tried looking at the "manual" but couldn't find anything... I seem to remember there was a way to drag select a series of files (like photos) rather than selecting them one by one, but I can't fit the life of me figure out how to do it anymore.

Can someone remind me?
23rd March 2019, 02:04 AM |#29038  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,027

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oroboros74

I tried looking at the "manual" but couldn't find anything... I seem to remember there was a way to drag select a series of files (like photos) rather than selecting them one by one, but I can't fit the life of me figure out how to do it anymore.

Can someone remind me?

Maybe not by dragging because that might invoke copy/move but:

To select a contiguous group of items: Long press item at top of group > long press item at bottom of group = the two selected items and all items in between them will be selected. To select only the two items you would tap the second item rather than long press.

Also, if individual items are selected in different parts of the list the selected items menu can be used to select between, inverse, alternate, etc.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
23rd March 2019, 04:24 AM |#29039  
Flag Indianapolis, IN
Thanks Meter: 1,337

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeXIII

Sadly that didn't fix it, but a reinstall of Firefox is no problem for me, and fixed the issue.
There did not seem to be a way to fix this without removing Firefox.
For anyone who may need to know, of the 3 options given to you by mixplorer when you click download, "Explore..." Is the one which gave me these problems.
Intriguing. Perhaps this option is not for downloading like this.

I just did it a few days ago by deleting data for Firefox, instead of uninstalling it. Of course you will have to set it up again and redo any bookmarks you had, so the end result is the same as uninstalling and reinstalling it. I mistakenly chose mixplorer as the download option, instead of Firefox, so I wasn't seeing the downloads in Firefox's download tab, so I thought it had not been downloaded. In reality it was, by mix.
I have 5 Nextbook Ares 8A devices and Run both stable and beta versions on them. When updating, I don't believe it is always remembering previously associated apps to open with, At times though, I know it was because I had selected the wrong one.
When I update, my link to one drive photos often does not remember that I always choose gallery mode, it is often reset to the default, list view, I'm not sure what that is called in Mixplorer. Does recursive have to be unchecked for this to be saved properly?
Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to martyfender For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift martyfender Ad-Free
23rd March 2019, 04:30 AM |#29040  
Thanks Meter: 228

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

To select a contiguous group of items: Long press item at top of group > long press item at bottom of group = the two selected items and all items in between them will be selected. To select only the two items you would tap the second item rather than long press.

Also, if individual items are selected in different parts of the list the selected items menu can be used to select between, inverse, alternate, etc.

Wow! Yet another, quicker, way of selecting contiguous files. I've always used the "Between" option after selecting first and last file.

This app continues to amaze me in the most delightful ways. 😊

Sent from my SHT-W09 using XDA Labs
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TiTiB For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TiTiB Ad-Free
23rd March 2019, 04:35 AM |#29041  
Flag Goiânia
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

Woow, no doubt this is the best file manager ever made
The Following User Says Thank You to xRyzer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xRyzer Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, cloud, encfs, epub, mix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)