FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Post Reply Email Thread
Just ordered the rugged extended battery case from zerolemon. I'll be posting a full review in this thread as soon as I receive it. Hopefully I can retire my modded Defender now

(Link http://www.amazon.com/Zerolemon-Blac...245391&sr=1-33
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zlcase.jpg
Views:	5306
Size:	164.5 KB
ID:	2310965  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mcleaver84 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mcleaver84 Ad-Free
8th October 2013, 07:21 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
this is very exciting... having my phone come with me on missions in afghanistan with just the tpu case that comes with the 7500mah battery is making me nervous lol this is what i need!
The Following User Says Thank You to ezy1022 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ezy1022 Ad-Free
8th October 2013, 07:53 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1,890

More
While this looks really nice, do you think it would make my phone even heavier/bulkier?
9th October 2013, 06:21 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Thumbs up YES!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs2011

While this looks really nice, do you think it would make my phone even heavier/bulkier?

ordered mine yesterday used some of my amazon gift cards ended up got for $0.0
22nd January 2014, 04:46 PM |#5  
Flag Tacoma
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezy1022

this is very exciting... having my phone come with me on missions in afghanistan with just the tpu case that comes with the 7500mah battery is making me nervous lol this is what i need!

OPSEC!!!!!
24th January 2014, 05:10 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
For anyone considering this case, it blocks the proximity sensor. I thought that maybe my sensor had gone bad as during a call my screen would go blank and not turn back on. Turns out it was the case. Another thing to consider is the whole thing feels "cheap" compared to my otterbox but considering it's only $20 instead of $60 I can't really complain. It is easier to swipe down from the top to open menus than the otterbox, I just wish it didn't block the proximity sensor.
24th January 2014, 06:46 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremiah164

For anyone considering this case, it blocks the proximity sensor. I thought that maybe my sensor had gone bad as during a call my screen would go blank and not turn back on. Turns out it was the case. Another thing to consider is the whole thing feels "cheap" compared to my otterbox but considering it's only $20 instead of $60 I can't really complain. It is easier to swipe down from the top to open menus than the otterbox, I just wish it didn't block the proximity sensor.

My proximity sensor is fine in this case.
24th January 2014, 07:02 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny crapple

My proximity sensor is fine in this case.

What colour case do you have? Maybe just my case or colour (blue) is bad
23rd August 2014, 06:29 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Anyone else having a problem with the power button that's too sensitive? It keeps showing the power off screen when I hit the power button.

Edit: the power button is waaay too sensitive. Just running may finger across the power button is enough to turn the phone on/off. Is there anyway to fix this?
26th August 2014, 03:52 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firepac

Edit: the power button is waaay too sensitive. Just running may finger across the power button is enough to turn the phone on/off. Is there anyway to fix this?

Mine was also just as you described.

The first thing I did was torque the case a little by twisting to make sure everything was sitting properly, this improved the button a little but not enough for my liking ymmv.

My next step was using an exacto knife to remove a very small bit of the height of the button on the inside of outer case and try again. After several times through this process I got the button just how I liked it and used a file to smooth out the surface. Be careful you don't shave off too much material and ruin the case, the other thing to be aware is no matter how much you shave you will never get the clicky feel you get with the volume buttons, it's just not that kind of button.

Alternatively you can ask zerolemon for a replacement and they will likely send you a new TPU outer case, however it is just as likely you will get another one that behaves the same.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)