By designgears, Inactive Recognized Developer on 21st July 2010, 10:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th October 2010, 09:34 AM |#991  
Flag Behind You
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by designgears

Hey guys, if you are stuck on that phone+!+computer screen, do this to get into download mode!!

note: THE STUPID SCREEN IS NOW FIXED!!

ODIN does not recognize my phone. I've tried it a few more times using the correct sequence and got nothing. Even reinstalled the drivers and rebooted the PC (without my phone connected).
29th October 2010, 11:01 AM |#992  
Flag Behind You

More
1. i opened odin
2. i removed/inserted battery so phone is off

now comes the problems.
1. i put the usb cable into the phone, and the black screen with computer/phone/"!" sign shows up.
2. i hold down and power, the black screen with computer/phone/"!" sign shows up.
3. i hold down and power right when i insert the usb cable, the black screen with computer/phone/"!" sign shows up.

i cannot enter downloading mode. i really appreciate your assistance, but i cannot get into the yelllow digger
ODIN does not recognize my phone. I've tried it a few more times using the correct sequence and got nothing. Even reinstalled the drivers and rebooted the PC (without my phone connected).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01415.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	429251  
29th October 2010, 11:08 AM |#993  
Flag Ice Station Zebra
Thanks Meter: 134

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by linggo

now comes the problems.
1. i put the usb cable into the phone, and the black screen with computer/phone/"!" sign shows up.
2. i hold down and power, the black screen with computer/phone/"!" sign shows up.
3. i hold down and power right when i insert the usb cable, the black screen with computer/phone/"!" sign shows up.

i cannot enter downloading mode.

Hold volume up and volume down then while holding them insert the usb cable.
29th October 2010, 11:40 AM |#994  
Flag Behind You

More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by opcow

Hold volume up and volume down then while holding them insert the usb cable.

29th October 2010, 12:04 PM |#995  
Flag Ice Station Zebra
Thanks Meter: 134

More
Quote:

My point was that you listed three things you have done and you said you can't enter download mode. None of those things would get you into download mode and until you do that odin is not going to recognize the phone. There is one other method I've seen and can't remember exactly what it is, but I think maybe it was insert the usb cable with the battery removed, hold vol up+down and then insert the battery.

It may be that your phone doesn't have button initiated download mode.
29th October 2010, 07:42 PM |#996  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi guys,

I have windows 7 64bit

my phone stays in download mode/recovery mode. I power it down turn it on it goes straight into download mode.

i plug it in odin recognize it COM 3

when i hit start or master reset its just say

analysing file....

or master reset...

and does nothing else. i left it like that over night and nothing change. I installed the correct drivers and everything.

Can you guess lend me some help. Thanks advance.
29th October 2010, 10:46 PM |#997  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Worked Flawlessly for me.

Thanks.
30th October 2010, 12:55 AM |#998  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:

My only question for this is:

What is your Batch Number?

ME <----coming straight from experience (unfortunate Brick on my phone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtoyz2

Hi guys,

I have windows 7 64bit

my phone stays in download mode/recovery mode. I power it down turn it on it goes straight into download mode.

i plug it in odin recognize it COM 3

when i hit start or master reset its just say

analysing file....

or master reset...

and does nothing else. i left it like that over night and nothing change. I installed the correct drivers and everything.

Can you guess lend me some help. Thanks advance.

You sound like you are stuck on Recovery/ Download. You are in a much better spot than the post i quoted above you. Just as Opcow said, i would use this link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=818439

to flash to stock 2.1. DO NOT USE the ODIN One click!!! If you do, and lets say you unfortunately brick your phone ("what if") then you will end up like the guy above with "phone ! pc" screen.

Good Luck

EDIT: @ linggo: btw....if your Batch Number is 1008, then the only way is to either take it back to At&t (hope for a miracle) or send it in to Samsung (takes 3-5 business days).

Batch Number:

1) remove back cover
2) remove battery
3) look under Serial Number/ you will see your batch # (ex: 1006/ 1007/ 1008/ 1009)
30th October 2010, 01:07 AM |#999  
Flag Scottsdale AZ
Thanks Meter: 148

More
Quote:

You are not doing it right:
1-have Odin set and loaded with the pit, pda, phone and csc files of the rom you want to flash first before doing anything
1-remove sim card & battery, do not reinstall sim card
2-reinstall battery only
3-hold down volume up and down buttons and then attach to PC
4-if phone does not go into download mode and is recognized by Odin repeat steps 2 and 3
5-reinstall sim card only after you have flashed the rom and rebooted
30th October 2010, 01:17 AM |#1000  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring5

You are not doing it right:
1-have Odin set and loaded with the pit, pda, phone and csc files of the rom you want to flash first before doing anything
1-remove sim card & battery, do not reinstall sim card
2-reinstall battery only
3-hold down volume up and down buttons and then attach to PC
4-if phone does not go into download mode and is recognized by Odin repeat steps 2 and 3
5-reinstall sim card only after you have flashed the rom and rebooted

This thread refers to the Odin One Click...Not the regular Odin. Your Step 1 is Invalid.

On behalf of linggo, i am pretty sure he has tried all methods of trying to get INTO download mode with no luck.

Me <---- I have personally been there myself. If his phone did not come with 3-button recovery out of the box....he will not be able to get out of the dreaded "phone ! pc" screen. No matter how many times he removes battery + sim + sd card (if applicable) or re-installs drivers or restart pc etc.

We can only hope he finds a way out.
30th October 2010, 02:18 AM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan062984

My only question for this is:

What is your Batch Number?

ME <----coming straight from experience (unfortunate Brick on my phone)

You sound like you are stuck on Recovery/ Download. You are in a much better spot than the post i quoted above you. Just as Opcow said, i would use this link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=818439

to flash to stock 2.1. DO NOT USE the ODIN One click!!! If you do, and lets say you unfortunately brick your phone ("what if") then you will end up like the guy above with "phone ! pc" screen.

Good Luck

EDIT: @ linggo: btw....if your Batch Number is 1008, then the only way is to either take it back to At&t (hope for a miracle) or send it in to Samsung (takes 3-5 business days).

Batch Number:

1) remove back cover
2) remove battery
3) look under Serial Number/ you will see your batch # (ex: 1006/ 1007/ 1008/ 1009)

I have a question regarding the pit.pit file where does that need to go. thanks for your help
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)