By designgears, Inactive Recognized Developer on 21st July 2010, 10:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th August 2010, 02:39 PM |#391  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by designgears

You are installing the same old drivers every time

Open odin, reboot your phone into download mode while plugged in.

once in download mode, run the exe driver installer from the OP, it will install the right drivers.

no difference, the install goes through, and the device is still unknown and odin still doesnt see it.
16th August 2010, 03:16 AM |#392  
Flag FL
Thanks Meter: 418

More
Noob question
Maybe I am going out on a limb here but I installed an app called barcode scanner when I downloaded ROM Manager and ClockworkMod Recovery and it said that the barcode scanner could be used to flash ROM with an image that Barcode Scanner could read. That is if there is an image avaikllable for it. Seems this would be a lot quicker and easier. Could that work for returning the Captivate to stock ROM without having to use Odin and opening an ADB shell on the computer. This has me curious. Anyone know if it's posssible?
16th August 2010, 03:20 AM |#393  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag SLC
Thanks Meter: 8,976

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiannon224

Maybe I am going out on a limb here but I installed an app called barcode scanner when I downloaded ROM Manager and ClockworkMod Recovery and it said that the barcode scanner could be used to flash ROM with an image that Barcode Scanner could read. That is if there is an image avaikllable for it. Seems this would be a lot quicker and easier. Could that work for returning the Captivate to stock ROM without having to use Odin and opening an ADB shell on the computer. This has me curious. Anyone know if it's posssible?

You can use ROM Manager to flash a stock update.zip back, but it will only restore /system

Until we find a better way, we are stuck with Odin.
16th August 2010, 04:09 AM |#394  
Flag FL

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by designgears

You can use ROM Manager to flash a stock update.zip back, but it will only restore /system

Until we find a better way, we are stuck with Odin.

Thanks for the reply. I am still learning and wrapping my brain around all of this, I no longer sleep because I am playing with the Captivate, for now, the settings are perfect and all of the bugs that were bothersome to me are fixed. My GPS isn't having the problems others are, I locked on to 10 satellites earlier and it was extremely cloudy withing seconds of stepping outside. I think we all like to have this as a fail safe for warranty issues. I hope that Froyo just comes OTA and I don't have to Flash to original stock ROM and loose my root. From what I read loosing root access is going to happen when Froyo updates. I am not updating right away.
16th August 2010, 11:51 PM |#395  
San Diego
Thanks Meter: 136

More
Gears, I am having trouble using Odin, it keeps hanging on File Analysis. Here is what I am doing

My phone is Baseband version I897UCJF6 with your superuser root from Friday I believe, the one without a lag fix. I had used Pimp my Captivate to un-root, so I when back to root and then ran your update.zip successfully. I also currently have Rom Manager and Clockwork installed. No other mods no lag fix.

I am attempting to use Odin to flash back to stock so I can do your new superuser root with the lag fix.

I am running W7 64 bit with the drivers installed for my phone as well as KIES and Droid Explorer, neither of which are running when I try to do this.

I have tried this on two computers so I am guessing the issues is me or the phone.

I have tried method 2, 3, and 4 with the same results. I am;

shutting down the phone
pulling the battery and sim
reinsert battery
open odin on PC
plug in usb and I get the battery icon on screen but not that download screen which you have pictured.
I hold all the buttons to get into DL mode but phone is not recognized in Odin

When at the Reinstall packages screen I can then unplug and plug the phone back in and it will recognize in Odin but hang if I try and start the process.

So basically:

1. Is Rom Manager interfering with Odin?
2. I don't get that phone+!+computer screen

Please help as I'd like to get the new lag fix going on my phone.

Thanks.
17th August 2010, 12:53 AM |#396  
San Diego
Thanks Meter: 136

More
Gears, I followed these steps and got it to work.

Here is what you should, this is how I did it. Take out battery, sim card and memory card if you have one in there, take out the battery too and just put the battery back in the phone after you remove it. Next Plug the usb cord in to the computer, launch Odin(very important) otherwise it might not see your device. Right after you plug in the usb cable hold the Volume up and down button, and you should be in download mode, and odin should recognize the device. Feel free to flash the device. I had to launch odin and then put it in download mode while it was plugged in the computer.

Thanks.
17th August 2010, 07:03 PM |#397  
Thanks Meter: 760

More
here is my problem. odin recognizes com 6 and com 3. is thiss all that needs to be there? when i click start im stuck at file analysis. not really sure if i have the drivers installed correctly. is download mode the big yellow triangle with the droid digging or the little triangle with the exclamation point and the green droid. when i try to install the drivers to my windows xp it tells me something is wrong. if i plug it into when i have the droid digging the drivers install but nothing happens at all. when i plug it in when im at the little tri with the green droid my computer installs the drivers, installs as a mass storage and then also samsung usb modem. when i install the modem its the only time odin recognizes but the hardware wizard never completes the install HELP. my phone is useless as of right now
18th August 2010, 01:02 AM |#398  
Flag FL

More
Noob needs help
Can someone help me please. I can't seem to find Odin3. I am a total noob. I need to reset my phone to factory settings. The screen has a line down it, it's small but the phone is new still have 10 days left to return for a new one. I want to do this process. Can someone give instructions in a language that a noob understands. I can't find Odin 3. I am using Unleash the Beast and need to get my apps back and unroot my phone. It isn't bricked, but I need to swap it out and can't without the missing apps. Someone please help! I will donate to anyone who can get me through this. I really want to swap this phone for a new one I love my Captivate and I am crushed that the screen has a blemish. Thanks!
18th August 2010, 01:11 AM |#399  
Flag Eastvale
Thanks Meter: 16

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Can someone help me please. I can't seem to find Odin3. I am a total noob. I need to reset my phone to factory settings. The screen has a line down it, it's small but the phone is new still have 10 days left to return for a new one. I want to do this process. Can someone give instructions in a language that a noob understands. I can't find Odin 3. I am using Unleash the Beast and need to get my apps back and unroot my phone. It isn't bricked, but I need to swap it out and can't without the missing apps. Someone please help! I will donate to anyone who can get me through this. I really want to swap this phone for a new one I love my Captivate and I am crushed that the screen has a blemish. Thanks!

I'm in a worse situation. Today is my last day to return the phone so I need to drive back home, get all the stuff into the box, return back to stock and drop by the at&t store.
18th August 2010, 01:13 AM |#400  
Flag FL

More
Great I tried to use Rom Manager and do a manual recovery and I am now stuck
All my screen says is ClockworkMod Recovery V2.5.0.4

--install from sd card...
finding update package...
opening update package...
Installing update...

and it just remains there and nothing happens.

What do I do? How long does this normally take?

I removed the battery, SIM card and SD card, put everything back in powered on and then I clicked on reinstall packages and the phone is working but I still need to get it back to factory settings. Please someone help. I am desperate.
18th August 2010, 01:22 AM |#401  
Flag Eastvale
Thanks Meter: 16

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Great I tried to use Rom Manager and do a manual recovery and I am now stuck
All my screen says is ClockworkMod Recovery V2.5.0.4

--install from sd card...
finding update package...
opening update package...
Installing update...

and it just remains there and nothing happens.

What do I do? How long does this normally take?

Sorry I'm a noob as well
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)