[SOLVED] [SORTA-KINDA][Workaround]CM10 or Any AOSP ROM music problem!

Search This thread

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
Re: CM10 or Any AOSP ROM music problem!

I guess so. I just got this SD card like a month ago. I formatted it into FAT32 right when I got it before putting files on it. I will try again later, but moving 9 gigs of stuff on my computer takes hours. Kinda annoying, because I love AOSP and prefer it over touchwiz, but it is also annoying when I scroll through the artist looking for a song I want to play, and it isn't there.

Sent From My Rooted, S-OFF'd Blackberry Curve using the iOS XDA Application for Android.

Idk man, just taking shots in the dark, I've never had a problem with music on any AOSP or stock rom
Good luck then. :good:

Sent from my PG06100

Reactions: Whiplashh

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012

Idk man, just taking shots in the dark, I've never had a problem with music on any AOSP or stock rom
Good luck then. :good:

Sent from my PG06100

Thanks man. I just went and replaced all the songs by copying and replacing the format in mp4. Reads them now. Thank you for helping :)

Sent From My Rooted, S-OFF'd Blackberry Curve using the iOS XDA Application for Android.

Reactions: CNexus

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7

Thanks man. I just went and replaced all the songs by copying and replacing the format in mp4. Reads them now. Thank you for helping :)

Aw man that mustve sucked, especially if you have a lot of music :(
Wish there were some fix to have it read them

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012

Aw man that mustve sucked, especially if you have a lot of music :(
Wish there were some fix to have it read them

Didn't have to delete them. :D iTunes lately asked you convert them when you drag purchased songs, and I have been putting "yes" to convert them into that WMA format that AOSP can't read. This time I just moved them and didn't convert and it replaced them. Now I can use CM10 with all my music. Thank you for your help cNexus! I see you helping out everywhere and just wanted to give you the thanks you deserved.

And too everyone else, I hope this helps anyone else that runs into this problem that uses iTunes and wants to use cm10!

Reactions: CNexus

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7

Didn't have to delete them. :D iTunes lately asked you convert them when you drag purchased songs, and I have been putting "yes" to convert them into that WMA format that AOSP can't read. This time I just moved them and didn't convert and it replaced them. Now I can use CM10 with all my music. Thank you for your help cNexus! I see you helping out everywhere and just wanted to give you the thanks you deserved.

And too everyone else, I hope this helps anyone else that runs into this problem that uses iTunes and wants to use cm10!

No problem, even though I didnt really help haha
Just one more comment, put "[SOLVED]" in the thread title please ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I want to try 4.2, but there is always some kind of bug with it.

Try anthrax rom.
    Every thing works. No bugs.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
    How come on stock ROM, I can see all my music in the music player, but on cm10 I can't see any songs in this format? It is really bugging me, is there a possible fix for it? I don't want to go back and add EVERY song, because that is about 1,000 songs. It doesn't even say that the songs in this format even show up.
    And please, keep your opinions to yourself about the song. Its just an example of the ones my phone can't see on cm10.
    View attachment 1738076

They're totally different music players. If you're using Apollo, there may be limitations on which file extensions it can read. I would suggest trying an alternative music player since the Touchwiz one doesn't work on AOSP roms, as it requires the TW framework.

P.S. I recommend Poweramp, if you're looking for a great quality one.

I did try.

I'm on carbon ROM v1.1 and my .Flac songs are working in my 32gb SD card. Using power amp, too.

Maybe its just 4.1.2 aosp then?

I'd try a 4.2.1 or 4.2.2 ROM and see if that fixes it. Cm10 was discontinued as an unfinished product when cyanogen moved onto 4.2. Its possible that this was a left over bug.

I was thinking about it.

You really might want to. As far as stability and functionality it's a big step up from every thing else

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium