TomTom and other GPS software

Search This thread

elconfa

Sep 22, 2007
Hello I confirm that Garmin XT run fine on S620/Excalibur. But I'm looking for the latest europe map. Do you know what is the best europe map to use with this Smartphone?

thanks

elconfa

Sep 22, 2007
at least on Excalibur work fine Tomtom5 (little difficult for keyboard), Tomtom6 (but big difficult for keyboard, i suggest to use eCursor), Garmin XT (but not very nice navigator), McGuider Sygic (very beautiful, but SLOOOOOOW for calculating route), route 66 v.7 (but need eCursor or fakecursor), Copilot 7.

My opinion is that the best are COPILOT 7 and MCGUIDER.

what do you use on your Excalibur?

Bye

marcus620

May 8, 2008
I have an S620 with WM6.1 running Co-Pilot 6 without a hitch, OK so it is not the very latest version and the map isn't bang up to date with recent road changes but the software runs perfectly and for the amount of times I use it, its perfect for me.

Best of all it only cost me a total of £26 brand new on ebay, and that included a GPS unit, windscreen mount and an in car charger for the GPS and the phone!

tahdor

Dec 16, 2008
I own TomTom One with latest maps. Is there a way I can buy just the TomTom app and use the maps which I bought for my TomTom ?

chargedRam

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 19, 2007
at least on Excalibur work fine Tomtom5 (little difficult for keyboard), Tomtom6 (but big difficult for keyboard, i suggest to use eCursor), Garmin XT (but not very nice navigator), McGuider Sygic (very beautiful, but SLOOOOOOW for calculating route), route 66 v.7 (but need eCursor or fakecursor), Copilot 7.

My opinion is that the best are COPILOT 7 and MCGUIDER.

what do you use on your Excalibur?

Bye

Route 66 doesnt need a fake cursor. Atleast I never used it. it works like charm on my HTC-S621. Never had a problem. Apart from that i used smart2go(now Nokia maps) for a while. They dont have download available now but if people need it I can upload it . I still have it. I also have the maps(they are available for no cost). U have to pay for the subscription which is $10.80 for one month.

let me know

tuppaacc

Mar 5, 2008
Route 66 doesnt need a fake cursor. Atleast I never used it. it works like charm on my HTC-S621. Never had a problem. Apart from that i used smart2go(now Nokia maps) for a while. They dont have download available now but if people need it I can upload it . I still have it. I also have the maps(they are available for no cost). U have to pay for the subscription which is $10.80 for one month.

let me know

could you upload it or tell where to find!?

Seumas

Apr 14, 2007
I am running wm 6.5 on my HTC Kaiser (aka at&t tilt) with tomtom 7.450 and it works perfectly!

cpepper11

May 28, 2009
gps for dash

Here is the link, for garmin only, the only gps program I could get to work on my Dash. Follow the instructions carefully.

Mod Edit: Warez is not permitted on XDA first & final warning.

Last edited by a moderator:

youngdaddytc

Feb 7, 2009
Rockford, Illinois
garmin mobile xt

i can verify that garmin mobile xt v.5.00.20 is working on my excalibur. im currently running 3vo's 6.5 winmo rom. right now im using the north america map, and when i go back to south africa i will be using that one as well.

also, if you're curious to know, as a gps im using the holux m-1000 which pairs up great with my bluetooth and usually has around 12 satellites linked up.