By kornyone, Retired Recognized Developer on 9th May 2012, 09:12 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th July 2012, 12:55 AM |#1421  
Flag Somewhere in NYC
Thanks Meter: 526

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelmab88

I didn't see this issue in the bug list; I cannot connect to USB storage at all. It works fine on the stock rom so that rules out a hardware issue. I am unable to connect to the phone via adb either. I've tried on my linux box and my windows 7 box and the results are the same. I deleted and re-installed the drivers and no change. I am s-off and I did a clean install of cm9 alpha 5.

Is this a unique issue or are other having this problem as well?

This was a bug on earlier ICS ROMs. The only way to work around that one was to plug your phone into a Linux box.
5th July 2012, 01:00 AM |#1422  
Thanks Meter: 110

More
No issue with USB storage/adb as well. But sometimes phone app behaves strange, it's true
5th July 2012, 01:57 AM |#1423  
Flag San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I basically did the following from ROM Manager and from booting into recovery

Quote:

1. Unlock/root device and install Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager.
2. Do a Nandroid backup!
3. WIPE
4. Install the ROM

but after rebooting the phone, it doesn't get passed the first boot screen... Anyone have any ideas?
5th July 2012, 02:10 AM |#1424  
Flag Peachtree City
Thanks Meter: 70

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coug76

One other thing that I've noticed recently. Has anybody noticed upon answering or placing a call, the phone goes straight to hands-free speakerphone. This just recently started up at random and I am at at a loss as to why it is occurring.

I have to hit the speakerphone toggle to "turn it on" (speaker remains on) and then turn it off again by toggling it again. Kind of strange if you ask me, has anybody else noticed this?

Kinda weird answering the phone in a crowded room and have everybody hear both sides of the conversation.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

This happens to me a lot. It is rather annoying... also happens with outgoing calls...

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda app-developers app
5th July 2012, 02:26 AM |#1425  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzzy12k

I basically did the following from ROM Manager and from booting into recovery

but after rebooting the phone, it doesn't get passed the first boot screen... Anyone have any ideas?

Did you flash the boot image, assuming you're s-on?
5th July 2012, 02:49 AM |#1426  
Flag San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Here's a screenshot of my hboot (attached):

(I'm new to this)

I booted into CWM recovery (5.0.2.7 and also used 5.5.0.4) and did wipe, then loaded ROM from zip file and pointed it to the one available on this thread... it goes through the motion then says complete and i chose reboot.. and it then gets stuck...

I also did this from within ROM Manager app and had same result.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0251.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	1177626  
5th July 2012, 02:59 AM |#1427  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Quote:

(I'm new to this)

I booted into CWM recovery (5.0.2.7 and also used 5.5.0.4) and did wipe, then loaded ROM from zip file and pointed it to the one available on this thread... it goes through the motion then says complete and i chose reboot.. and it then gets stuck...

The problem is, you're S-ON. It's not really a problem, per se, you just need to take an additional step and flash the boot.img from fastboot. There's a thread on how to do this in this forum.

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

I've had the wifi sleep issue happen again, twice. However, in each case I'm pretty sure I know what happened and how to reproduce it (I've got a logcat available).

I was charging my phone, and turned on USB mass storage. After that, I noticed that wifi was dropping almost as soon as the phone went to sleep.

I tried rebooting, and that didn't fix the problem... it'd drop the connection almost immediately upon sleeping. Turning wifi off, rebooting, and then turning wifi back on again did seem to fix the problem.

Ever since I did that last step, it seems to be fine. I'm not sure if the problem was triggered from charging from USB or from using mass storage mode. But I've tried this twice, and those two elements combined seem to have done something.
The Following User Says Thank You to jonnycat26 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jonnycat26 Ad-Free
5th July 2012, 06:25 AM |#1428  
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 276

More
Quote:

(I'm new to this)

Jonnycat26 is correct. See this thread.
5th July 2012, 03:35 PM |#1429  
Thanks Meter: 427

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentCherryColla

I was in an important call, and the phone locked up. Call was going, but phone wouldn't wake. I had to reboot, and (new) boss was pisssssseed. I'm back to stock untill it's fixed. It sucks too, I loved ICS. :T

Sent from my RubiX ICS Infused using Tapatalk 2

Dropped calls has been nothing new for me on AT&T... they tried selling me a micro cell to boost signal in my house for $200

5th July 2012, 05:17 PM |#1430  
Recognized Developer
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 15,298

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcoffey

This happens to me a lot. It is rather annoying... also happens with outgoing calls...

this happens across devices it seems, not device specific. i have this sometimes on one x too
5th July 2012, 07:34 PM |#1431  
Flag Carpentersville
Thanks Meter: 511

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbalden

this happens across devices it seems, not device specific. i have this sometimes on one x too

I'm having a weird issue, and only on ICS. The sensor that locks the screen in call won't work right. I'll be in a call, my phone will lock it self. Causing the other line not to be able to here me. I need to unlock, and re enter the call. Is there a possible fix?

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)