Help understanding different regions firmware

Search This thread

tristaoeast

Jul 16, 2011
Lisboa
Hey guys,

Just got my P605 in a store here in Portugal, and even though it is awesome as it is, I can't live without root xb
I know I'm going to trip Knox eventually, so off to the point:

My firmware version, according to *#1234# is as follows

AP: P605XXUBMJ9
CP: P605XXUBMJ4
CSC: P605ATOMBL1

The thing is, according to the original thread of Universal Root de la Vega (if I understood it correctly), I should search in SamMobile or google for my CSC, but I can't find it anywhere. I noticed, however, that there's a Portugal(TMN) version available in SamMobile, and TMN is my carrier, so I'd like to know if is there any problem in doing the URLD procedure with a "different" (I suppose its a different firmware, I'm coming from a Nexus device which is much simpler to root when compared to Samsung, or any other brand for that matter xb) version, like the one I mentioned above (http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=22912)

Thanks in advance for all your answers ;)

PS. Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I didn't find the answer anywhere and that's why I asked... If that's the case, please point me in the right direction

PS2. I'm already assuming that I'll trip Knox, if there's anyway that I won't, even better ;)

Sent from my SM-P605 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

tristaoeast

Jul 16, 2011
Lisboa
Forgot to mention in my previous post that the tablet came preconfigured in German, so I guess this firmware is the one for Germany.

Sent from my SM-P605 using XDA Premium HD app

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Should be no problem, I don't know how many regions I've flashed....
Just find the right version you want,download it and lflash it in ODIN...:laugh:

Reactions: tristaoeast

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Just flashing another firmware doesn't trip KNOX does it I mean, as long as I don't modify it or try to downgrade...

That's right, as long as you aren't trying to downgrade bootloaders, replace kernel or recovery with custom ones, Knox will play nice.... Just find the firmware you want and flash it with PC ODIN....
If you're using ODIN 3.09 the single firmware.tar file goes in AP... If it's a broken up rom just follow the pieces - ap in ap, csc in csc etc....
Older versions it's PDA...

Top Liked Posts