@evleaks says "There is no Nexus 6. "

Search This thread

rayiskon

Jan 9, 2011
As sad as i am about this news, in a way i am also happy. I think the Silver line will get better support (fixing important issues quicker) and overall the phones will have less compromises (build quality etc..), and better availability (especially for people outside the US and select EU countries).

Reactions: drawde40599

Evo_Shift

Jan 17, 2011
Silver lining for $200 more probably... There's no way carriers/manufacturers would be OK with google selling a $300 phone next to their $600 phones.

Last edited:

doomed151

Dec 5, 2009
The movie blade runner owns the name Nexus 6 so the next Nexus phone will be called something else

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
This is plausible, there might not be a Nexus 6 but instead a Nexus device with a different name (probably with the word Nexus in it).

the Doctor

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 15, 2011
In the TARDIS
Update: New tweet from @evleaks:

@evleaks said:
Android Silver, circa February 2015.

Source: Twitter

This just means that Google is terminating the Nexus program early since the Android Silver program is not being accelerated to replace it. I wonder what their motivation for doing so is. Also, what does this mean for the Nexus 8?

flyturbo

Feb 17, 2013
So what is all this big fuss about? Don't you think google has screwed us over and over again with these crapping phones. I've owed gnex, nexus 4 and nexus 5 and looking forward that they would improve their phones but bottom line is you get what you pay for!!!

I will never buy another google phone ever and as a matter of fact, I will buy anything that headlines or competes directly with the nexus such as the OnePlus One the nexus killer!!!

http://www.techradar.com/videos/oneplus-one-nexus-killer-indepth-hands-on-cX19bdV4z80h5

Reactions: ljwnow and rayiskon

thesebastian

Sep 25, 2012
Barcelona
Imo..the Nexus line is more alive than ever....

A lot of new accessories...
A lot of Google+ posts. From nexus celebrating the evolution of Nexus and from Google employees showing N5 photos all around the world.
A lot of new Countries with the Play Store's "Devices" branch.

However...there will always be a replacement......A reference device (or devices) for Android....called Nexus or not.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Last edited:
Reactions: XdrummerXboy

italia0101

Nov 9, 2008
So what is all this big fuss about? Don't you think google has screwed us over and over again with these crapping phones. I've owed gnex, nexus 4 and nexus 5 and looking forward that they would improve their phones but bottom line is you get what you pay for!!!

I will never buy another google phone ever and as a matter of fact, I will buy anything that headlines or competes directly with the nexus such as the OnePlus One the nexus killer!!!

http://www.techradar.com/videos/oneplus-one-nexus-killer-indepth-hands-on-cX19bdV4z80h5

So you get what you pay for... yet you want the one plus one ? Hmmm.

Good luck with an invite and don't forget to buy a charger .

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

tangosierra_

Jul 1, 2012
Singapore
www.sgtrains.com

LOL. Okay. Bye then

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts