103 posts
Thanks Meter: 18

By wilsonhuang, Senior Member on 17th December 2013, 06:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th December 2013, 09:13 PM |#11  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Is there a flashable version of this? If not, can somebody make one? Thanks.

17th December 2013, 09:34 PM |#12  
Flag Gilbert, AZ
Thanks Meter: 24

Donate to Me
More
I'm running a custom rom and rollouts/updates from vendors freak me out because I don't trust not one of them. Knowing AT&T they have thrown in some bit of encryption that locks the bootloader. I understand this might not be the case this time but I do know none of them can be trusted.

Now if you excuse me, I'm 1/2 done with 1984 the book and my tin foil hat is making me itch.
17th December 2013, 09:44 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Guys I need help I am stuck, I am using unlock att with tmobile, I check software update but it days interrupted, and I even tried with kies but it's not connecting at all, I tried 2 pcs.... Any help... What to do to update it... Please

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
17th December 2013, 09:57 PM |#14  
Flag B.F.E.
Thanks Meter: 4,152

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsalan

Is there a flashable version of this? If not, can somebody make one? Thanks.

The update has only been out for a few hours and we are asking for .zip files already ??
Sheesh...
Give the devs some time to pull it apart and clean it up...unless you would like Knox and a bootloader lock ??
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gregsarg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gregsarg Ad-Free
17th December 2013, 10:41 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 1,422

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsarg

the update has only been out for a few hours and we are asking for .zip files already ??
Sheesh...
Give the devs some time to pull it apart and clean it up...unless you would like knox and a bootloader lock ??

amen! Preach it my brethren

sent from my sgh-i317 using sky blue tapatalk
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to softballjunkee13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift softballjunkee13 Ad-Free
17th December 2013, 11:29 PM |#16  
Flag XDA Developer Forums! ;-)
Thanks Meter: 180

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marckusdavis

• I rooted using this method while still on 4.1.2 and it worked flawlessly.
  • I then paid for and installed SuperSU Pro and activated "Survival Mode"
  • Lastly, after the OTA update was COMPLETELY finished, I followed this simple procedure to get root back again.

SuperSU disables Knox for you on 4.3 which is also nice.

I have a few questions for you and/or those more in the know:

If I were to do this same thing, would I be able to flash a custom recovery (like TWRP) and/or flash custom ROM's/Kernels like I can already do now? One of my main concerns is that the stock kernel doesn't support Boeffla Sound, and that really makes for better audio on this device...might as well take full advantage of that Wolfson DAC...

I have to admit, it would be nice to be able to use pure AT&T stock, but rooted, as a base...this is why I loved the old CleanROM AT&T SE so much...

TIA for any guidance you can give on this.

Side note: after ODIN'ing back to 4.1.2 MA4, it says I have a 741MB update I can take....I'm sure that's this 4.3 update...Culpeper, VA here.
18th December 2013, 12:53 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marckusdavis

• I rooted using this method while still on 4.1.2 and it worked flawlessly.
  • I then paid for and installed SuperSU Pro and activated "Survival Mode"
  • Lastly, after the OTA update was COMPLETELY finished, I followed this simple procedure to get root back again.

SuperSU disables Knox for you on 4.3 which is also nice.

I did the same as marchusdavis but it resulted in a total disaster. After I downloaded the OTA update from AT&T I restarted my phone and it installed through CWM-Touch. At the end it asked if I wanted to ensure root was maintained and of course I said "yes" there (as well as through my SuperSU Pro Survival Mode). When it booted, my WiFi no longer works AND I lost root.

If anyway has any advice on how to get to a stock 4.3 from here please let me know!
18th December 2013, 01:01 AM |#18  
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Ugh, having trouble updating atm.

Goes up to 30%, then my phone reboots and says

"The update was interrupted" or something like that

On stock 4.1.2 rooted with stock recovery if anyone can help.
18th December 2013, 01:03 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.l.naish

I have a few questions for you and/or those more in the know:

If I were to do this same thing, would I be able to flash a custom recovery (like TWRP) and/or flash custom ROM's/Kernels like I can already do now? One of my main concerns is that the stock kernel doesn't support Boeffla Sound, and that really makes for better audio on this device...might as well take full advantage of that Wolfson DAC...

I have to admit, it would be nice to be able to use pure AT&T stock, but rooted, as a base...this is why I loved the old CleanROM AT&T SE so much...

TIA for any guidance you can give on this.

Side note: after ODIN'ing back to 4.1.2 MA4, it says I have a 741MB update I can take....I'm sure that's this 4.3 update...Culpeper, VA here.

I don't believe so, as I am completely stock, bootloader and all. If you want to install other ROMs, you'd need to use a different method I believe. Likely downloading this update either via Kies or something else, and use ODIN to do everything. If you search around a bit on XDA, you'll probably find someone who has done it successfully and posted how. While I like custom ROMs, I have not had a need to use one yet on this device. However, if Samsung doesn't eventually give us Air Command, that might be enough to make me try it!
18th December 2013, 01:15 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Is it possible to get the official update from the leak or do I have to downgrade to 4.1.2? I tried updating from the leak but it said it's the latest version.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
18th December 2013, 01:24 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOIXGSR

Can someone let us know if the update fixes the stupid screen rotation bug when you turn off auto-brightness. Also, if there is a noticeable change in overall snapiness. Thanks!

Never experienced the screen rotation bug with mine, but tried rotating in a couple of apps. turning off and on auto-brightness and didn't notice anything. Definitely a little snappier, enough to notice it anyway IMO.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)