FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Notion Ink Apps ported for G-Tab any ROM (7 - apps + keyboard) (UPDATED)

245 posts
Thanks Meter: 822

By gojimi, Retired Recognized Developer on 25th January 2011, 07:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th January 2011, 10:50 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 278

More
Glad you got this working. I think the browser is the best one I have used so far.

25th January 2011, 11:15 PM |#22  
MartinTN
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Would love to try the browser (especially aftere the above recommendation). I see though that it replaces the stock browser. IS there an easy way to get the .apk back and reinstall the stock browser if needed?
25th January 2011, 11:20 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyen

I'm running tnt lite and having problems using the NI Keyboard. It installs fine but when you go to select it, it does not get checked. It also causes FCs when opening settings. Anyone else have this problem

For keyboards and TNT or TNT lite, you have to copy the keyboard apk from /data/app to /system/app manually. You'll need root and something like root explorer to make /system r/w.

Jim
25th January 2011, 11:24 PM |#24  
OP Retired Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly33

Would love to try the browser (especially aftere the above recommendation). I see though that it replaces the stock browser. IS there an easy way to get the .apk back and reinstall the stock browser if needed?

If you use your current file browser to go to the root directory /system/app/ and copy the browser.apk to any directory you choose preferably on sdcard to a backups folder. Then when you want to replace the Notion Ink Browser just click on the backups folder browser.apk and reinstall. (that should all work).

Jim above is correct about TNT Keyboards Solution.

Sniffer app is coming with "ADAM" stripped out and replaced with "Tablet". later this evening.
The Following User Says Thank You to gojimi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gojimi Ad-Free
25th January 2011, 11:42 PM |#25  
Santa Fe, NM
Thanks Meter: 14

More
God, I hate this place. I log in once today, and there is a bunch of new awesome stuff. I played around with some of the apps for awhile, and they are pretty awesome. I specially like the keyboard and sniffer. I can't wait for the updated sniffer, and eventually look forward to trying out roebeet's full ROM. Thank you all for your hard work, and the G Tablet becomes a better purchase with each day passing.
26th January 2011, 12:12 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Wonderful job! I love the G-tab and all the great people here supporting it.
26th January 2011, 12:32 AM |#27  
Flag Kissimmee, FL
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Thanks man! Awesome post!
26th January 2011, 12:32 AM |#28  
MartinTN
Thanks Meter: 79

More
I like the browser except for one thing: typically when you click the address bar (as when going to change to a different website), one tap will select the entire address. With this it looks like one tap simply places the cursor and you have to manually delete each character. Am I the only one seeing this or is there a better way?
26th January 2011, 12:44 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Same here.

Quote:

I like the browser except for one thing: typically when you click the address bar (as when going to change to a different website), one tap will select the entire address. With this it looks like one tap simply places the cursor and you have to manually delete each character. Am I the only one seeing this or is there a better way?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
26th January 2011, 12:53 AM |#30  
Flag Alaska and Knoxville, TN
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thanks gojimi, excellent new stuff to play with.
26th January 2011, 01:03 AM |#31  
OP Retired Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Cool
Quote:

A second tap after the first tap will select the entire address. Took me a second to figure that one out.

Enjoy!
The Following User Says Thank You to gojimi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gojimi Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)