71 posts
Thanks Meter: 118

By zargloub, Member on 8th February 2012, 04:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd January 2013, 05:31 PM |#351  
Flag Trondheim
Thanks Meter: 233

More
I just uploaded a new boot.img to http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod...downloads/list

Please try it and report back
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CoolrunnerII For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CoolrunnerII Ad-Free
7th January 2013, 08:54 AM |#352  
Flag Trondheim

More
I think I finally have gotten somewhere with the battery drain. Alex had written some code to turn of power to the LCD-panel, but he had put a "return;" in front of it. I removed it and Voilá: Lower battery drain

You do get some artifacts on the screen when going out of suspend. I think this is just an annoyance, but I have just tested it since last night.

I just uploaded a boot.img file.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CoolrunnerII For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CoolrunnerII Ad-Free
7th January 2013, 11:52 AM |#353  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Just to make sure I do things in the correct order:
1) fastboot latest recovery then fastboot boot_LC_power_off.img
2) from recovery format data/system/cache then install cm-7-20130106....zip then gapps-gb-20110828...zip (without rebooting inbetween?)
3) reboot

Is there a way to load boot.img from recovery?
7th January 2013, 12:24 PM |#354  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallaceff

Just to make sure I do things in the correct order:
1) fastboot latest recovery then fastboot boot_LC_power_off.img
2) from recovery format data/system/cache then install cm-7-20130106....zip then gapps-gb-20110828...zip (without rebooting inbetween?)
3) reboot

Is there a way to load boot.img from recovery?

Does the boot.img file with auto brightness also include the LCD panel power kernel?
The Following User Says Thank You to Marcintosh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Marcintosh Ad-Free
7th January 2013, 01:04 PM |#355  
Flag Trondheim

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcintosh

Does the boot.img file with auto brightness also include the LCD panel power kernel?

You have to flash the .zip file first. Then you use fastboot to flash the boot.img file.

There is a boot.img file inside the .zip-file so it will overwrite whatever kernel you have install previously.

The auto-brightness fix is also in the LCD power .img file. (the difference between the two is the addition of "//" on one line in board-htkovsky-panel.c)

I guess I will release a new cm-7.zip ota package with the new kernel when I have tested it some more.
The Following User Says Thank You to CoolrunnerII For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CoolrunnerII Ad-Free
7th January 2013, 10:00 PM |#356  

More
Can I just put a boot.IMG inside a zip file and flash it from recovery like on other phones? Could you start packaging the kernals that way and renaming them some custom zip name with the date (just to keep things consistent)?
8th January 2013, 08:23 AM |#357  
Flag Trondheim

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallaceff

Can I just put a boot.IMG inside a zip file and flash it from recovery like on other phones? Could you start packaging the kernals that way and renaming them some custom zip name with the date (just to keep things consistent)?

The zip-files are called a OTA (Over the Air) package. They contain a binary program than reads a setup script that copies the files to the correct place. So just putting the kernel in a zip wont work.

Of cause when I have tested it a bit more I will push the kernel to github and compile a new OTA package that contains the entire android system and the new kernel.

To write boot.img you have to reboot your phone while holding down the power button, connect the USB cable and then run:

Code:
sudo fastboot flash boot.img boot 
sudo fastboot reboot
(In windows you dont need sudo)
8th January 2013, 08:53 AM |#358  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Every update.zip can flash boot.img alongside of system and data partition! we may delete system folder and also delete the ralative scripts on the updater-script to make a flashable boot.img zipped package!
I make it and it works!
8th January 2013, 09:31 AM |#359  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by attisa

Every update.zip can flash boot.img alongside of system and data partition! we may delete system folder and also delete the ralative scripts on the updater-script to make a flashable boot.img zipped package!
I make it and it works!

That's more what I'm thinking. What files did you leave intact inside the zip?
8th January 2013, 10:00 AM |#360  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolrunnerII

You have to flash the .zip file first. Then you use fastboot to flash the boot.img file.

There is a boot.img file inside the .zip-file so it will overwrite whatever kernel you have install previously.

The auto-brightness fix is also in the LCD power .img file. (the difference between the two is the addition of "//" on one line in board-htkovsky-panel.c)

I guess I will release a new cm-7.zip ota package with the new kernel when I have tested it some more.

You mean flash the new .zip release? Can't I just use my current ROM, rename the .img file to boot.img, place it in the fastboot folder, and flash the new kernel?
8th January 2013, 10:08 AM |#361  
Thanks Meter: 317

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolrunnerII

I think I finally have gotten somewhere with the battery drain. Alex had written some code to turn of power to the LCD-panel, but he had put a "return;" in front of it. I removed it and Voilá: Lower battery drain

You do get some artifacts on the screen when going out of suspend. I think this is just an annoyance, but I have just tested it since last night.

I just uploaded a boot.img file.

You are great, congrats. Next step the wifi drivers
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)