So long, Thunderbolt

Search This thread

project.self

Sep 5, 2011
Greenville
Got the phone a year ago for free from my mom cause VZW messed up her insurance and she got the Thunderbolt for no extra charge.

Charging port started to get really weak and you had to jiggle it around. Well, it completely got smashed in about 2 months ago. Dad has the same phone so he would charge my batteries whenever I was in town, but I usually just used a flip phone for calls and texts and my wife's old Captivate when wifi was around.

Dad offered to get me the Galaxy Nexus a few days ago before Verizon screws around with unlimited data.

I'm gonna miss you :crying:

project.self

Sep 5, 2011
Greenville
My dad wanted to do that for me but we would have had to pay for it in full first and neither of us have that kind of money right now. I got just got lucky that we were able to charge it to the bill

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Gnoop

Apr 21, 2011
Pre order the s3 and just get that... It's better than GNexus

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using XDA

I went to check on that. 16gb is $199. 32gb is $249. I'd have to get in today and use my wife's upgrade for myself. It's tempting, though I may just stay with the Bolt for now and buy something used later, avoiding the new contract.

XRSTOY1

Apr 12, 2011
I went to check on that. 16gb is $199. 32gb is $249. I'd have to get in today and use my wife's upgrade for myself. It's tempting, though I may just stay with the Bolt for now and buy something used later, avoiding the new contract.

Bye ThunderBolt I loved you, but move over for my Galaxy s3, it's been pre orderd to keep my unlimited plan

recDNA

Aug 24, 2011

Read the CNET review first. A dim screen is the most unacceptable flaw a smart phone can have imo.

BlueCross

Jun 8, 2012
Minnesota
Read the CNET review first. A dim screen is the most unacceptable flaw a smart phone can have imo.

A ****ty phone is a pretty big flaw as well. I've had issues with it from day 1. Good bye Thunderbolt. Hellooooooo Galaxy S III!

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

dizzyman1180

Dec 20, 2010
Im usin .19 leak, with imo 6.2 dev 13 kernel, i debloated the rom with titanium, and i get fantastic battery with the stock battery. Easily lasys all day

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda app-developers app

I will agree with you. It's all in what Rom you use and how you set it up. If you let everything run like gps and auto sync, the battery will die quickly on any phone, its a given. Sync when you need too and use gps when you need it. Dim the screen when you can and don't overclock a ridiculous amount and you can easily get a day out of it. I haven't had any issue with my tbolt. My .02 :D

Fadingintofall

Apr 1, 2011
Rochester
You guys are lucky. I keep my screen dimmed, GPS and sync off, underclocked kernel, stick on 3g...

Generally when I leave the house to catch the bus, I'm at 100%. By time I get to work two hours later... 50%.
Granted the phone gets a lot of use during that time. But compared to my droid, droid 2 and even my old blackberry curve... The battery is atrocious.

Granted if I put it in airplane mode it can last a long, long time.

I love this phone... But the battery blows.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

guinzo

Oct 5, 2011
why i buy S3 with no built in kickstand and lol 1 flash camera
how many apps and game will compatible with ICS? ooohh..jellybean soon will launched
look at g-shop, mostly app/game min req was 2.2 aka froyo

most recent reason i stay with tbz only by their unique kickstand shape and dual flash camera( looking good and built in crucial hardware) lol

Top Liked Posts